follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Which is the best wallet?  (Read 6255 times)

Offline Little boss

• 1st Step
  • Activity: 4
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: December 16, 2023, 04:06:44 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 4
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter First Post Linux User
Which is the best wallet?
« on: December 09, 2023, 03:47:34 PM »
Can you share me best wallet name for holding crypto as long time. There is many wallet in the crypto market where i have found searching by google. But i couldn’t trust because i want hold very long time for my crypto assets.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Which is the best wallet?
« on: December 09, 2023, 03:47:34 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Spyroo

• Activity: 149
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: February 07, 2024, 05:55:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Karma Super active 50 Posts in one day Quick Poster
Re: Which is the best wallet?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 03:07:52 PM »
Can you share me best wallet name for holding crypto as long time. There is many wallet in the crypto market where i have found searching by google. But i couldn’t trust because i want hold very long time for my crypto assets.
People use different types of wallets to work with cryptocurrencies.I think not everyone uses the same wallet that everyone likes.
Electum
Mycelium
Exodus
Green wallet
Blue wallet
Trust wallet
You can feel free to use these wallets to work with cryptocurrencies.

Offline Ambatman

• Activity: 257
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 09:53:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Quick Poster Poll Voter Avatar
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 12:08:41 AM »
I don't know about a specific best wallet, what i do know id that all best wallet are usually open sourced non custodial wallet.
I would agree with @spyroo on Electrum and blue wallet, mycelium despite been a non custodial isn't user friendly and trustwallet isn't open sourced so that's a No No for me.

If you don't understand what I meant by non custodial and open sourced wallet do let me know.

Batman out.

Offline Gladitorcomeback

• Activity: 1085
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 09:19:06 PM
    • View Profile

Search 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 05:01:27 AM »

For long time crypto holding I will recommend to use hardware Wallet as hardware wallets are considered most trusted wallet so far. The chances of hacking/scamming is very much low as your phrase will not be active anywhere in the internet. You just have to gives approval for every confirmation.

The top 4 Hardware Wallets:
Trezor Model T
Ledger Nano X
NGRAVE ZERO
BC Vault

More details how to buy and which one us best suitable for you can be check here

If you have no access to get hardware wallet then try to use Electrum for btc holding and Unstoppable wallet or Exodus for other altcoins
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Nheer

• Activity: 370
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: March 17, 2024, 12:18:46 AM
    • View Profile

Linux User Search Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2023, 09:50:52 AM »
People use different types of wallets to work with cryptocurrencies.I think not everyone uses the same wallet that everyone likes.
Electum
Mycelium
Exodus
Green wallet
Blue wallet
Trust wallet
You can feel free to use these wallets to work with cryptocurrencies.
This are good wallet choices but are most of these wallets bitcoin wallet which some of them doesn’t support multi-coin feature bit i think OP is referring to multi coin wallet to hold different coins. Holding a coin for a long period i will advise you go for a hardware wallet instead which @Gladitorcomeback has suggested some of the best options for you.

If you can’t afford hardware wallet then you should rather opt for a non custodial open source wallet like trust wallet or green wallet and for holding bitcoin blue wallet and Electrum wallet are good choices as well.

I hope you understand the security measures for keeping wallet safe, if you don’t you should seek guidance or carryout research about it.

Offline $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1693
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:11:15 PM
    • View Profile

Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 09:51:51 AM »
If for the long term, of course you have to use hardware for extra security, there are several hardware wallets with many models available and it is more advisable to buy from the official site so that there is no compromise that occurs with the hardware if you buy on another marketplace. .

Or you want to use a hotwallet but it is not recommended for the long term.
Electrum and Bluewallet are open source bitcoin-only wallets.
Unstoppable multichain wallet because it supports multiple coins is only available for mobile.

But my suggestion is to use Trezor hardware wallet (https://trezor.io/trezor-model-one) the price is $59 not too expensive, I use this wallet to store BTC and some other coins.

Offline Lordhermes

• Activity: 324
  • Last Active: February 19, 2024, 11:23:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Quick Poster Karma 100 Posts
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 03:11:24 PM »
Can you share me best wallet name for holding crypto as long time.
Since you want long term then consider using decentralized wallets to hold your assets, if you wish to buy coins from centralized exchange to your dex wallet for long storage, that's fine, if you consider getting it through various DeFi platforms is also another good tick.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 03:11:24 PM »

Online hugeblack

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1656
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: Today at 12:51:07 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2023, 02:47:55 PM »
Electum
Mycelium

I would agree with @spyroo on Electrum and blue wallet, mycelium despite

Electrum,  blue wallet, and mycelium are BITCOIN ONLY WALLETS. They do not accept altcoins and are good options for anyone who wants to buy Bitcoin.

The best open source options are:

- MyEtherWallet
 - Unstoppable wallet
 - Hardware wallets.

These options are generally good if you want to store large amounts, but if you want small amounts, the trust wallet is suitable, especially since you can store most or even all of the cryptocurrencies there.
If your investment is short-term and for small amounts (less than $400), it is better to leave the money in CEX.

Offline defy

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 35
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 05:09:55 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Poll Voter Karma Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2023, 12:22:36 AM »

But my suggestion is to use Trezor hardware wallet (https://trezor.io/trezor-model-one) the price is $59 not too expensive, I use this wallet to store BTC and some other coins.

I can also vouch for the Trezor product line because its what I have been using for a number of years now.

they are very versatile and mine hasnt failed in these years.

They are open source coding
you can sign messages
create multiple hidden wallets

I just want to add that as well as using a hardware wallet its extremely important to be mindful of securing and storing your passphrase and wallet seed, actually this applies to all wallets actually.

this might sound obvious to most but some people think it might be ok to store it on the cloud or in an email but I would definitely store it offline in a very secure place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 12:27:43 AM by defy »

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1714
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 05:02:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2023, 07:21:06 AM »
but if you want small amounts, the trust wallet is suitable, especially since you can store most or even all of the cryptocurrencies there.
If your investment is short-term and for small amounts (less than $400), it is better to leave the money in CEX.
I'd suggest sticking to Unstoppable wallet even if you only managed small amounts. Trust Wallet is a closed-source wallet. It isn't easy to judge just how secure they are. The recent updates change a lot of things too, and we don't know if there is any change on their backend/security. CMIIW.

As for leaving money on CEX, I'd suggest anyone read some news related to exchange hacks/locked accounts due to KYC issues before they decide to keep money on an exchange. It is impossible to remove the risk, but you should be aware that the cost and time to recover ~$200 whenever a hack happens is probably bigger than that, and the exchange can just "run away" with your money. Just be aware of the risk before you pull the trigger.

Offline SamReomo

• Activity: 1085
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:35:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2023, 07:33:05 AM »

I would suggest you to go with Electrum if you want to hold your Bitcoin investment for long term. But, the Electrum should be installed on a secure system and once the wallet is created and seed phrase and private keys are saved then one should try to make the system air-gaped for best safely and never touch the wallet until he decides to sell those Bitcoin at profit.

Although, TrustWallet isn't suggested for new users but still I would recommend to use it if you want to invest in Altcoins, the best thing about Trust Wallet is that it gives you the keys and seed phrases as well but some people suggest to avoid it because it's close source software. I would strongly suggest you to avoid storing your coins at an online exchange as that's the riskiest option out there.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Online hugeblack

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1656
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: Today at 12:51:07 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2023, 08:01:35 AM »
I'd suggest sticking to Unstoppable wallet even if you only managed small amounts.
Unstoppable wallet is an excellent wallet but has sync issues and does not support all altcoins.

It is impossible to remove the risk, but you should be aware that the cost and time to recover ~$200 whenever a hack happens is probably bigger than that,
I agree with you, but in the end it is your risk management policy. If the amount of $200 is large in your country, withdraw it, but in general, although I do not prefer investing in low market cap altcoins, withdrawing it to wallets is sometimes not a good idea.

Online NikeFit_7777

• Activity: 1192
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR
  • Last Active: Today at 11:54:36 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    1000 Posts Karma Bad 500 Posts
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2023, 01:00:00 PM »
I would suggest you to go with Electrum if you want to hold your Bitcoin investment for long term. But, the Electrum should be installed on a secure system and once the wallet is created and seed phrase and private keys are saved then one should try to make the system air-gaped for best safely and never touch the wallet until he decides to sell those Bitcoin at profit.

Although, TrustWallet isn't suggested for new users but still I would recommend to use it if you want to invest in Altcoins, the best thing about Trust Wallet is that it gives you the keys and seed phrases as well but some people suggest to avoid it because it's close source software. I would strongly suggest you to avoid storing your coins at an online exchange as that's the riskiest option out there.
So what makes Trust bad for storing altcoins? It is very well suited for this purpose. Initially, it just depends on the user how they feel about security. Any hot wallet can be more secure than any cold wallet. Or alternatively, one can use multiple hot/some cold wallets. What would  minimize any risks. Imho, this is of course everyone's business, but I stick to (even in wallets) diversification.

About the cryptocurrency exchange, 100% correct. Storing on an exchange = giving cryptocurrency to its owner. Not Your keys, not Your money.  8)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline LDL

• Activity: 757
  • Last Active: March 25, 2024, 09:13:52 AM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Karma Bad Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2024, 01:59:03 AM »
Of course the most important thing when it comes to cryptocurrency storage is wallet selection. If your stock wallet is not secure then your bitcoins are not guaranteed. If you can't protect the security of the wallet, then you will definitely not be free from the risk of being hacked. That is why you must pay attention to hardware wallets. You can select the hardware wallet of your choice from the various bands of hardware wallets available in the market. Moreover, if you don't want to use hardware wallet, you can use software wallet, in this case you have to use best rated software wallet of playstore.

Offline ajiz138

• Activity: 1090
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:11:46 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2024, 08:05:09 PM »
I always recommend hardware wallets and this is an open source hardware wallet created by @dkbit98. Open Source Hardware Wallets

In the long term, you will definitely save even more? If it's a small amount, you can use another wallet as @joniboini said, namely the Unstoppable wallet.

Rethink the amount you have if it is safer but the hardware is much better.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG