follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: [Boxing]: Info and Prediction Thread  (Read 3868 times)

Offline FinneysTrueVision

• Activity: 327
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 18, 2024, 02:24:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Bad Karma Poll Voter
Re: [Boxing]: Info and Prediction Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2024, 10:27:06 AM »
Breaking news:

Shakur Stevenson announced in his tweeter account that he is retiring from the sport of boxing. Don't know the reason but i do think that he is not that hungry for a title anymore and that showed on his last performance against Edwin De Los Santos where he almost lost that one with a sub par performance.

Maybe a fight with Haney could make him unretire.

Teofimo and Tyson Fury also said they were retiring but then came back a few months later. If he is really serious then he should vacate his belt, otherwise it’s just a publicity stunt. He might be frustrated that so many fighters refuse to fight him. His style is so unappealing to watch that not many people will miss him.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2024, 10:27:06 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline bisdak40

• Activity: 1000
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 03:43:09 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    1000 Posts Karma Good Karma
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2024, 11:44:33 AM »
Breaking news:

Shakur Stevenson announced in his tweeter account that he is retiring from the sport of boxing. Don't know the reason but i do think that he is not that hungry for a title anymore and that showed on his last performance against Edwin De Los Santos where he almost lost that one with a sub par performance.

Teofimo and Tyson Fury also said they were retiring but then came back a few months later. If he is really serious then he should vacate his belt, otherwise it’s just a publicity stunt. He might be frustrated that so many fighters refuse to fight him. His style is so unappealing to watch that not many people will miss him.

Yup, that's the problem of the fighting style of Shakur Stevenson, he can't draw crowds or even filled a stadium when his opponent is not so popular. He and Haney have almost the same style but the latter has the advantage as he is the unified champion and like you said, he might unretire a few months from now is the offer is good.

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1594
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 10:56:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2024, 07:04:24 PM »
Breaking news:

Yup, that's the problem of the fighting style of Shakur Stevenson, he can't draw crowds or even filled a stadium when his opponent is not so popular. He and Haney have almost the same style but the latter has the advantage as he is the unified champion and like you said, he might unretire a few months from now is the offer is good.

is Fury the first to do this? seem like its their way for Top rank to offer them millions to fight again.

i don't think the promoters believe Shakur for saying this. he is too young to retire. he barely make millions like Fury so there is got to be a minimum price for him to go back. but this guy is not a KO artist though. he may be skillful like he could dance around an opponent but with a record of being a Decision artist, offer may not be as huge as he expect.

him and Teo should fight.

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1549
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 01:41:16 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Quick Poster Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2024, 12:46:21 AM »
Fury Vs Usyk is less than 3 weeks away. It will be a legendary fight.

Fury can definitely get knocked down, we've already seen it a few times. But he'd always just spring back up and win a fight. He also had some controversial wins, like the first one against Wilder that you mentioned or his last one against Ngannou. But he has a perfect personality for this profession. He truly believes that he's meant to be the undisputed champion, which gives him extra powers.
As for Usyk, his technique is second to none, but the size disadvantage will be the major factor here. You don't need to be an expert to know that Fury's main tactic will be throwing a LOT of jabs to keep Usyk at a safe distance.

The odds are quite close. Currently 1.76 for Fury and 2.12 for Usyk. I expected Fury to be more of a favourite, but maybe that fight with Francis played a role here.

Online Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1701
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 10:32:26 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter Quick Poster Karma Good
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2024, 12:58:20 AM »
Breaking news:

Yes, I read it but who knows, this could be another Teo Lopez "moments".

But after 30 days, Lopez announced that he is coming back and that his retirement is voided, then call out Devin Haney. Most likely he will do the same though, maybe he is just looking for the right opponent to return back in the ring.

@electronicash - Fury had mental issues that's why he quit (way back before it was like a norm today seeing athletes calling it a problem for them), but then he comeback and became a champion again.

Offline bisdak40

• Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2024, 02:02:12 AM »

Fury can definitely get knocked down, we've already seen it a few times. But he'd always just spring back up and win a fight. He also had some controversial wins, like the first one against Wilder that you mentioned or his last one against Ngannou. But he has a perfect personality for this profession. He truly believes that he's meant to be the undisputed champion, which gives him extra powers.
As for Usyk, his technique is second to none, but the size disadvantage will be the major factor here. You don't need to be an expert to know that Fury's main tactic will be throwing a LOT of jabs to keep Usyk at a safe distance.

The odds are quite close. Currently 1.76 for Fury and 2.12 for Usyk. I expected Fury to be more of a favourite, but maybe that fight with Francis played a role here.

There's a saying in boxing or maybe this is applicable to all sports, "You are only as good as your last performance", that maybe the reason why the odds is close as Francis gives Fury a one hell of a fight whereas Usyk was superb in defeating AJ.

But size does matter and i think Fury will this fight so that 1.76 ML odds is attractive enough for me to push the bet button.

Online Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2024, 11:45:09 PM »

There's a saying in boxing or maybe this is applicable to all sports, "You are only as good as your last performance", that maybe the reason why the odds is close as Francis gives Fury a one hell of a fight whereas Usyk was superb in defeating AJ.

But size does matter and i think Fury will this fight so that 1.76 ML odds is attractive enough for me to push the bet button.

And here is the official promo for the fight,

I was impressed by it to be honest. They needed something like this to really reach out to boxing fans.

And the Jerwin Ancajas and Takuma Inoue fight is also back on schedule on February 24.

https://www.rappler.com/sports/boxing/jerwin-ancajas-gears-up-title-fight-takuma-inoue-japan-february-2024/

It's a tough fight for Jerwin as he will go to Japan and try to win that belt.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2024, 11:45:09 PM »

Offline notblox1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1681
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:18:07 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2024, 12:36:52 AM »
And here is the official promo for the fight,
I love the whole western-gladiator-pirate movie style and I saw other Fury family members in this promo video!
Only 16 days until the fight I am already preparing for this historic spectacle.
Now time for you to get some good karma.  ;)

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline bisdak40

• Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2024, 01:13:32 PM »
I was impressed by it to be honest. They needed something like this to really reach out to boxing fans.

Same here and to be honest, this was my first time to see such a promotion video of that kind and I do hope that the real would live up to its expectations.

Agree, Jerwin is on a downfall of his career and this may be a make or break fight for him that a loss might be the reason for his early retirement from boxing.

Online Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2024, 11:04:08 AM »

Same here and to be honest, this was my first time to see such a promotion video of that kind and I do hope that the real would live up to its expectations.

Agree, Jerwin is on a downfall of his career and this may be a make or break fight for him that a loss might be the reason for his early retirement from boxing.

He really needs to get this win, he might have a hard time moving up in weight if he losses this one. So in any case, yeah, it could be a make or break for him but hopefully he can still come out on top.

He last name might be Inoue, but he is not the same as his brother who is more powerful that why we should give Jerwin a chance even if he is a big underdog in this fight. And for us who supported our own, we are going to bet on him.

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2024, 11:48:54 PM »
There's a saying in boxing or maybe this is applicable to all sports, "You are only as good as your last performance"

This could be the reason, but Tyson had plenty of fights when he looked careless, and was getting knocked down (e.g. Wilder fights) but would always come at the top.

I suspect experts see Usyk as a guy hard to catch and knock out, so are expecting the fight to be more technical and go to judges. In such case, Usyk have a decent chance.

I think so too, we have weight classes for a reason and Usyk is not a real heavyweight. The size/reach disadvantage will probably be too much to overcome.

Offline bisdak40

• Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2024, 03:13:56 AM »
Damn, have you read the news about the Fury vs Usyk fight lately? News had it that it would be postponed to a later date due to the cut that Fury got and his cutman said that it would take at least 90 days to fully heal.

https://www.boxingscene.com/fury-usyk-fallout-entire-february-17-ring-fire-event-postponed--181159

Offline FinneysTrueVision

• Activity: 327
  • Last Active: April 18, 2024, 02:24:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Karma Bad Karma Poll Voter
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2024, 07:32:20 AM »
Damn, have you read the news about the Fury vs Usyk fight lately? News had it that it would be postponed to a later date due to the cut that Fury got and his cutman said that it would take at least 90 days to fully heal.

https://www.boxingscene.com/fury-usyk-fallout-entire-february-17-ring-fire-event-postponed--181159

Fury has had all kinds of misfortunes in his career. Some have been self-inflicted and some have not. There are some conspiracy theorists suggesting that Fury got himself intentionally injured because he doesn't want to fight Usyk. They were also saying he intentionally got Covid to avoid Wilder several years ago, or that it was fake and he never had Covid. With boxing fans being so tribal, there are many who will always believe the worst when something like this happens. Even if there's no evidence people will still repeat these theories if it makes a fighter who isn't from their favorite promotion or ethnic background look bad.

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2024, 10:30:53 AM »

Just woke up to that news. What a bummer.

Michael Bisping's commentary, including the footage of unfortunate sparring:
&t

The fight will likely get postponed, although there are speculations of the replacement fight, possibly against Filip Hrgovic (17-0).

Online Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2024, 11:21:35 AM »

Yes, and as been discussed in the other forum, there is something odd in this fight and majority have been right as with that accidental cut on Fury is huge and it really will take days to fully close it up and healed before he can go back to active boxing.

@FinneysTrueVision - I heard those conspiracies, but not sure about it, I mean with all the money in the line here and obviously him and his Father are motivated by it, why would he self inflict and not go and push the fight? doesn't make sense.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG