follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Do you believe airdrops come from twitter media.  (Read 2505 times)

Offline $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1733
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 03:07:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
Re: Do you believe airdrops come from twitter media.
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2024, 02:19:48 PM »

Totally agree with you, we really have to separate our main wallet from the wallet we use to do the airdrop. And I have also done this, this is one way we can do to avoid something we don't want.

Fraudsters will always use all means to achieve their goals and if we are aware of things like this, we should be able to minimize them further. As you said, don't just connect the wallet carelessly, we have to be able to confirm whether it is safe or not.
Fraudsters will always carry out their actions when they have the opportunity. Differentiating between the main wallet and the wallet for playing in the airdrop is rare because we can protect our main assets. Many people do phishing when our wallet is connected, so be careful.
Yes, of course, and they will always have fresher methods to smooth out their bad ideas. I think they have intelligence, but they use it for things that can harm other people.

Recently I also noticed that there are so many fake Twitter accounts, and interestingly they will leave comments along with fake links right under the posts of the original twotter accounts. They're that open now to tricking users, and if users aren't careful enough then they'll get caught.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2024, 02:19:48 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline taufik123

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1667
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 06:13:11 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster Topic Starter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2024, 10:33:22 PM »
-snip-
Recently I also noticed that there are so many fake Twitter accounts, and interestingly they will leave comments along with fake links right under the posts of the original twotter accounts. They're that open now to tricking users, and if users aren't careful enough then they'll get caught.
On Twitter is getting freer, even these scammer accounts have blue ticks and yellow ticks.
So for ordinary people, it is difficult to distinguish between fake and real accounts if you are not careful.

And it usually appears on airdrop information posts and even if I block one of them, more will appear.

Online Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 878
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 06:43:53 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2024, 10:45:41 PM »
Do i have to believe on the source for airdrop that is ongoing as long as the higher percentage of all of them that were available are not reliable, they are nothing than a waste of time in most cases since they are not mostly rewarding, we only advised some newbies to make use of them to have a background knowledge about them and start from somewhere, this will help them have an ideal on how to make the real trading and investment when the times comes that they are dealing with coins and tokens.

Offline Fivestar4everMVP

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2075
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: Today at 04:47:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster Poll Starter Karma Bad
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2024, 11:10:21 PM »
As soon as you enter the twitter account then you can see hundreds of airdrop posts in front of you where there are promises to give many tokens for free. Do you think all these airdrops are true? I think all are false and from here there will be possibility of hacking to connect your personal wallet. So be careful and avoid fake/false airdrop.
You are right though, but then, we can't actually say that all the airdrops that are being posted on Twitter are all fake airdrops, some of them are actually genuine, but it's a very minimal percentage when compared to the percentage of the fake ones, and you also may want to know that some this airdrops arent actually a way to steal from unsuspecting participants, but some are actually launched as a way of farming engagement and as well gaining followers.

In crypto, we have alot of airdrop hunters who do nothing other than hunting from one airdrop to another, personally though, I wonder how this people make money from all this, but I guess they must really be some special kind of people in terms of having or being patient.

Anyways, for us that are here, it's still a very good advice for us to try as much as possible to avoid engaging in airdrops we are not sure if it's genuine or not, most especially those that require us to connect our wallet to some dapp and sign a transaction, we need to be extremely careful so as never for fall victim to any of such scams.

Offline salad daging

• Activity: 984
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 11:19:02 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Karma Good
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2024, 11:07:54 AM »
There are two sides to airdrops in Twitter/X - the legitimate ones and the fake ones.

Any legitimate project will be active on social media X with some development when an airdrop is launched we must be able to verify it because when the legitimate one starts launching the fraudulent X account will resemble the real one.

It depends on how they identify and reset much deeper, but there are still many legitimate airdrops on X.

A little help if you are an X user is to use the Scam Sniffer extension that will detect fake sites including when you connect to Metamask.

https://www.scamsniffer.io/

Offline LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1619
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 05:56:56 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2024, 03:28:08 PM »
As soon as you enter the twitter account then you can see hundreds of airdrop posts in front of you where there are promises to give many tokens for free. Do you think all these airdrops are true? I think all are false and from here there will be possibility of hacking to connect your personal wallet. So be careful and avoid fake/false airdrop.
Some are true, some are not. This is why airdrop hunters must be aware of the links that they're browsing especially if it comes from Twitter.
I've been using Twitter for months now and I use it for me to be updated on the upcoming airdrops. What I observe is that, there are many scammers who are trying to impersonate those legit airdrops by making a handle that's almost the same as the legit one.

I disagree with what you said that all airdrops in Twitter are false because there are still some airdrops that are still legit. I know that being hacked is possible that's why we need to double-check or even triple-check the links that we are browsing with. I used Twitter for airdrops, and so far, I didn't fell for any single phishing sites or anything that scammers are using to scam investors.

Like what OP said, always be careful with Twitter when you are trying to join airdrops because there are many scammers out there.

Online Gladitorcomeback

• Activity: 1117
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 07:25:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Search 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2024, 08:42:31 PM »
On Twitter is getting freer, even these scammer accounts have blue ticks and yellow ticks.
So for ordinary people, it is difficult to distinguish between fake and real accounts if you are not careful.

And it usually appears on airdrop information posts and even if I block one of them, more will appear.

That's true, Elon Musk has allowed them to pay a few bucks and be able to scam thousands of dollars from innocent people by deceiving them with the blue ticks they have bought. I know that Twitter had a lot of scammers in the past as well, but at least in the old Twitter, there were no such features where anyone could pay a few bucks and get a blue tick for their account which makes them look legit.

However, now as this has been revealed that anyone can have a blue tick on Twitter, people need to be more vigilant and shouldn't trust every single handle they see a tweet from because scammers create exact looking duplicate handles to make people believe in them.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2024, 08:42:31 PM »

Offline Rubel007

• Activity: 1055
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 10:24:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    1000 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2024, 10:06:34 PM »
As soon as you open the social media, there are numerous airdrop ads which are annoying most of the time. Also, will those airdrops actually distribute the amount of tokens to the users that I am very curious about it. Because everyone makes promises but so many promises can never be kept. Because not all projects will be successful. And if the project doesn't succeed, those who joined those airdrops won't get anything.

Offline vegasus

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 11:25:45 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2024, 11:21:30 PM »
There are two sides to airdrops in Twitter/X - the legitimate ones and the fake ones.
Yes, of course there will be airdrops that are legit, but there will also be fake ones or just shit. This is like when analyzing projects, some are legit, some are shit projects, and some are really scams. So this will depend on how we as airdrop hunters analyze these airdrops, whether they are legit or not. This may be quite difficult, especially for many influencers from social media who are also promoting it, but it's not necessarily worth it and it's worth it. So it's really smart for us to do it. or even the luck factor can also add to its advantages. Oh yes, one more thing, when doing airdrops, sometimes we don't need to understand whether it will be legit or not. because often, it really goes beyond expectations and initial guesses. So many airdrop hunters do all the airdrops they know how to do. and the results will be up to you what happens later. The important thing is, don't let us spend money on airdrops for any reason.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG