follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Why Tether is Always Valued to $1 ?  (Read 29252 times)

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 757
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 04:56:59 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
Re: Why Tether is Always Valued to $1 ?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 01:48:27 PM »
USDT is a digital copy of the dollar. One such coin must be backed by one dollar. This is, in fact, not a full-fledged cryptocurrency, because it is not intended for profit
There is this widespread view that Stablecoins are not 100% (full-fledged) cryptocurrencies.
Just found another one  :)

The USDT is indeed one of the most stable coins, but this is a special cryptocurrency, backed by the exact amount of dollars, and it is generally quite difficult to call it a cryptocurrency. It cannot, like other cryptocurrencies, be used for profit.
https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=76347.0

I think this is a conceptual mistake.
In my view, a currency (money) is not there to make profits, it is there to buy goods and services.
A currency is good or bad in as much as it serves as medium of exchange and store of value, which means Stablecoins are better cryptocurrencies than, say, Bitcoin.

The idea that real cryptos are there to make profit derives from the fact that the first cryptos were loaded with so much volatility that trading them could bring out profits.
Maybe after Stablecoins will have established themselves, a new understanding of the word cryptocurrencies will established itself too
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 01:53:31 PM by owej90 »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 01:48:27 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Senin

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1762
  • Last Active: February 27, 2024, 12:23:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2019, 06:11:47 PM »
I still don't understand the idea behind the coin Tether. How they backed their token and how it is always equal to $1 USD. and why they are not transparent about this issue. Is there any great explanation guys?

Thanks.
At the beginning of 2018, many did not understand the principle of operation and the purpose of stable coins. Now, I think, our explanations are no longer needed, because there are already more than three hundred different stable coins, and information about them can be found everywhere. After the scandals with the advent of the stable coin Libra, national stable coins of various states should now appear in large numbers. Now the entire population of the Earth will soon know about stable coins, in any case, at least their own state.

Offline Coin63@

• Possible Cheater
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 1656
  • Referrals: 10
  • Last Active: April 01, 2024, 11:50:15 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2020, 10:47:23 AM »
Tether is a good stable coin hence its price never change. It is backed by governments and central banks of different countries.

Offline endlasuresh

• Activity: 143
  • Last Active: January 04, 2021, 04:07:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2020, 07:06:40 PM »
I have heard in another forum where he told the admin will control the value of price by adding or removing cons whenever the price increases. This way it can be stable all the time at $1 only. I too thought this thing several times but the guy cleared me about Stable coins.

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 757
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 04:56:59 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2020, 05:34:45 PM »
At the beginning of 2018, many did not understand the principle of operation and the purpose of stable coins. Now, I think, our explanations are no longer needed, because there are already more than three hundred different stable coins, and information about them can be found everywhere. After the scandals with the advent of the stable coin Libra, national stable coins of various states should now appear in large numbers. Now the entire population of the Earth will soon know about stable coins, in any case, at least their own state.
I think we should distinguish between stablecoins and state/government's currencies being put on the blockchain.

The latter are nothing but the same old fiat money, just circulating on the blockchain.
At first it circulated hand to hand (paper).
Then it circulated electronically (on line).
Now on blockchain.
This is no real innovation, under monetary perspective.
It's the old, same, fake fiat money, controlled by the central banks.

Private stablecoins, that's the real deal.
This is the monetary revolution.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG