follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Trading Vs Hodling  (Read 7768 times)

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1697
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: Today at 09:09:54 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
Re: Trading Vs Hodling
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2024, 11:12:48 AM »
I do not agree with what you have written above, holding is not a risk-free kind of investment. Anything called investment has some degree of risk and especially cryptocurrency investment is all about to risk. I don't think that there is anything that is risk-free in cryptocurrency industry
It is true that any investment has a risk. There is no investment with no risk, especially for crypto investment. People who think crypto investment is free of risk, they probably don't understand about the potential risks. They may never experience to get losses, so they don't know if it is risky.  ;D

You can just say that trading is risker than holding and I will consider if yo believe you. Why I say so is that it is not absolutely proven that Holding is less risky than trading.
It depends on the individual. Trading can be riskier or safer.
If we use a proper strategy and choose top coins, it can be quite safe to trade. Although we fail to take profits, we can hold it and wait for the altcoins season. But when we choose the wrong coins for investment, it can be very risky because they can be delisted on the exchanges. So, both have risks.

It is not true that cryptocurrency, or Bitcoin, is a free-risk investment. We all know that when money is involved, there is always a risk. And there are no investors who are not willing to take a risk on their investment.

Then one more thing: trading and holding is a method that can help us; it just depends on how we apply it to help and give us earnings, because it can give us profit daily or in the short and long term as well.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2024, 11:12:48 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1713
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 10:34:23 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2024, 12:57:45 PM »
This is true for Bitcoin and some reliable Altcoins, but for the rest of the coins, this is not always the case.

I mean that holding Bitcoin is risk-free and definitely profitable in the long run, but as for the rest of the Altcoins, there are great risks in holding in the long term because it is possible that these Altcoins will collapse or lose their value in the long run.

There may be some good altcoins in the long term like Ethereum, but personally I think the only safe investment is holding Bitcoin.
Investing in Bitcoin involves risk, and the level of risk may vary depending on various factors. Some risks to consider include:

Volatility Bitcoin prices can experience significant fluctuations in short periods of time. This can create great opportunities, but also increases the risk of losing investment value.

Bitcoin's underlying blockchain technology has proven to be robust as technological developments or emerging issues could impact its long-term impact.
In terms of the general rule, there is no investment without risk. Yes, Bitcoin in the short term is volatile and carries risk. These days we are witnessing a strong decline after a rise that lasted for a period of months.

But we are talking about holding in the long term. If we look at the history of Bitcoin, we will see one trend, which is only upward. Therefore, I consider investing in Bitcoin in the long term profitable and does not contain any risks.

Offline IvugeoEvolutionCoin

• Activity: 662
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 07:41:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2024, 05:01:52 PM »
In terms of the general rule, there is no investment without risk. Yes, Bitcoin in the short term is volatile and carries risk. These days we are witnessing a strong decline after a rise that lasted for a period of months.

But we are talking about holding in the long term. If we look at the history of Bitcoin, we will see one trend, which is only upward. Therefore, I consider investing in Bitcoin in the long term profitable and does not contain any risks.
Storing assets in the form of cryptocurrency will always pose a very high risk because sometimes, when you are careless, the wallet key you are storing can be spread without your knowledge. It is better to provide high security or additional encryption to randomize the wallet key you have.

However, you need to note down the original key so that you can keep it, perhaps in hard file or printed form, and make sure you keep it in the will so that when we die, the assets we own can still be opened by the family and help ease the ongoing process and also the assets. What you keep for a very long time will be of much better use to your family than if it is stored and no one can access your personal wallet.

Offline Gurujebs

• Activity: 1079
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:18:20 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2024, 06:39:03 PM »
Storing assets in the form of cryptocurrency will always pose a very high risk because sometimes, when you are careless, the wallet key you are storing can be spread without your knowledge. It is better to provide high security or additional encryption to randomize the wallet key you have.

That's not true. With a wallet like trust wallet, you can buy all type crypto and store everything in a single wallet and save them under one seed phrase and nothing will happen to it unless you intentionally expose your seed phrase to the public which I know a sane person will not try to expose his money for the people to stealnor move the funds.

However, you need to note down the original key so that you can keep it, perhaps in hard file or printed form, and make sure you keep it in the will so that when we die, the assets we own can still be opened by the family and help ease the ongoing process and also the assets. What you keep for a very long time will be of much better use to your family than if it is stored and no one can access your personal wallet.

It's a not a good idea to keep your seed phrase in a will become when you do that, you are entrusting the documents of your will to another person or a lawyer and the lawyer can't be trusted in the case if he has the idea about internet. Anybody can even open your seed phrase while you're alive and move your coins. Make sure you always keep your seed phrase with you, in am emergency situation, you can do what you wish to do with but not on a will.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Captain Corporate

• Activity: 1000
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:21:56 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes Topic Starter
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2024, 07:13:37 PM »
I am on the holding side, I do not feel like I am a good enough trader to actually do something, and that means I am not going to end up with anything that would be all that great. If I start to trade, then I am going to end up with a terrible result, and that should not be all that smart. If I know that I am not a good trader, then why would I want to trade? There is really no reason for me to do something like that without a good return. However, I have made some good returns during holding, I have bought and I have held, and I have sold, and made some good returns that way. So I had success with holding, and not so much with trading, hence why I prefer holding.

Offline RockBell

• Activity: 336
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 06:59:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Karma Good Avatar Signature
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2024, 09:13:10 PM »
We all know trading is a risky business where you can lose money just because of market volatility. None of us can tell when market volatility will start and you will lose your money, that's why it is better to avoid such trading. Although nowadays most of the people are involved in trading business and they do this trade constantly hoping for high profit but it is the highest risk and people lose a lot of money here so trading is not a risk free trade at all.

Hodling is a risk free and profitable business where people get high returns. When you hodl, you definitely leave an asset for the future from which you can earn a lot of money. Whereas trading is risky but hodling is never risky it always leads a user to higher profits. We know hodl is gold so when you start holding your plan will be higher where you will get huge amount of income. So you refrain from trading and hold for a long time which will give you huge returns, of course you use a secure wallet.
We all know that its only when their is a recklessness move that you suppose to be scared of losing money. But if it is just because of the market alone you won't lose much and if the market bounce back then you will recover your money. And trading must be careful observed because a slight mistake can make you lose everything to trading so every trader needs to be contious of what ever decision everyone is making. And their is no way that anyone will want to trade and not lose mose is not possible at all.

A lot of people that HOlD are risk free and the only thing they have to deal with is the market nothing more than that. Its now left for the person to decide.

Online Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1031
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 09:34:53 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2024, 10:05:34 PM »
Trading is even riskier when the trader doesn't know anything about it. Maybe he or she just thought about trading and thought it was an easy way to make money without realizing that they can also lose money due to price volatility and the dynamic nature of cryptocurrencies.

There are some people who already have years of experience in trading, but yet they still usually experience losses sometimes too. That's why a newbie must first practice how to trade and make sure they know some good strategies before investing. Otherwise, holding is a better option for anyone who cannot handle the risk of trading.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2024, 10:05:34 PM »

Offline Altcoin1998$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2242
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 03:08:36 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2024, 05:01:27 AM »
Both holding and trading have different features but their goals or objectives are the same, i.e. earning profit is the main goal of these two things. However, holding or investment are of two types, long-term or short-term, and their target will be holding for a certain period of time no matter how much the market increases. But in the case of trading, if the market increases, if there is a profit, then it will be sold and the main goal of trading is to achieve a certain profit. But for trading one must wait for a certain time in the market i.e. buy when the market is dumping and sell when the market is pumping.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Primo1760

• Activity: 1119
  • Last Active: Today at 12:13:11 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2024, 12:37:25 PM »
I am on the holding side, I do not feel like I am a good enough trader to actually do something, and that means I am not going to end up with anything that would be all that great. If I start to trade, then I am going to end up with a terrible result, and that should not be all that smart. If I know that I am not a good trader, then why would I want to trade? There is really no reason for me to do something like that without a good return. However, I have made some good returns during holding, I have bought and I have held, and I have sold, and made some good returns that way. So I had success with holding, and not so much with trading, hence why I prefer holding.
I don't think it is very easy to make money from trading. Making money from trading requires a lot of experience. A person cannot make money easily from trading even if he wants but a person can earn profit by holding if he wants. Actually I also don't know many trading strategies and I think it is very risky to make money from this trading platform. But it is easy to make money from holdings if you are experienced with a few holding strategies. I bought an Ethereum at $2300 and when it reached $2700 I sold my Ethereum. Currently I buy and hold Ethereum again, hope I succeed. That's why I say holding is better than day trading.

Offline doc

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1724
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:48:07 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2024, 02:42:38 PM »

I don't think it is very easy to make money from trading. Making money from trading requires a lot of experience. A person cannot make money easily from trading even if he wants but a person can earn profit by holding if he wants. Actually I also don't know many trading strategies and I think it is very risky to make money from this trading platform. But it is easy to make money from holdings if you are experienced with a few holding strategies. I bought an Ethereum at $2300 and when it reached $2700 I sold my Ethereum. Currently I buy and hold Ethereum again, hope I succeed. That's why I say holding is better than day trading.

Sure, not easy become a professional trader.
You're right it needs long time to gain experience.
At the past, I have focused become a trader, but for now I didn't have a lot of time.
Because really busy in my real life.
I'm just a holder now.
I think  holding is more profitable for me.
I always buy more coins when bearish and hold for long term.
I have gotten big profits from holding.

Offline dekafee79

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2450
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 09:58:04 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2024, 01:06:43 PM »

Investment and holding have different characteristics and because of these different characteristics investment and holding can be distinguished. Both investing and trading are done for a specific purpose and that is to make a profit. Understanding the market is very important in trading and candle monitoring is very important.

You're right, Trading need always monitor the candle and market conditions.
It need free time to do.
If we're busy in real life, I think It's difficult to do.
We should knowledge and long experience as a trader.

Talking about investing , I think It's low risk.
Just invest and hold.
wait the project success, we will gain the big profit.
it if we invest in new projects.
But we also can be a holder of tokens or coins. Just buy and hold.

Offline Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 750
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 05:51:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2024, 02:00:32 PM »
We all know trading is a risky business where you can lose money just because of market volatility. None of us can tell when market volatility will start and you will lose your money, that's why it is better to avoid such trading. Although nowadays most of the people are involved in trading business and they do this trade constantly hoping for high profit but it is the highest risk and people lose a lot of money here so trading is not a risk free trade at all.

Hodling is a risk free and profitable business where people get high returns. When you hodl, you definitely leave an asset for the future from which you can earn a lot of money. Whereas trading is risky but hodling is never risky it always leads a user to higher profits. We know hodl is gold so when you start holding your plan will be higher where you will get huge amount of income. So you refrain from trading and hold for a long time which will give you huge returns, of course you use a secure wallet.

-   We can do both of them at the same time, which means that while we have crypto holdings, we can simultaneously conduct trading activities with them so that we can also get earnings.

We know that trading is the heart of this crypto industry, so we can get a profit from it. Without this trading, there is no profit to be made, for sure, in this field of cryptocurrency, right? That's why we need to learn to trade and give ourselves time to develop our skills here, although it's not easy to do in reality.

Offline legend45

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1756
  • Last Active: Today at 12:10:08 AM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2024, 05:24:15 PM »

We can do both of them at the same time, which means that while we have crypto holdings, we can simultaneously conduct trading activities with them so that we can also get earnings.

We know that trading is the heart of this crypto industry, so we can get a profit from it. Without this trading, there is no profit to be made, for sure, in this field of cryptocurrency, right? That's why we need to learn to trade and give ourselves time to develop our skills here, although it's not easy to do in reality.

I don't understand what you mean.  Do trading and investing at the same time.  In my opinion it can only be done alternately.  For example, when the market doesn't allow us to trade, we can hold our coins, it's mean holding.
How to differentiate between holding and trading at the same time.
I think you transfer from your wallet exchange to market or spot.
as far as I know it's like that.

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1960
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:59:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2024, 08:30:42 PM »
I don't understand what you mean.  Do trading and investing at the same time.  In my opinion it can only be done alternately.  For example, when the market doesn't allow us to trade, we can hold our coins, it's mean holding.
How to differentiate between holding and trading at the same time.
I think you transfer from your wallet exchange to market or spot.
as far as I know it's like that.
It seems difficult to determine the right time to enter and buy coins because, so far, predicting cryptocurrency price movements has been very difficult. The most important thing is to enter with the money capital that is being used so that when the price collapses, you are still safe and don't have too much of a headache when you get stuck at high prices.

Offline DaNNy001

• Activity: 589
  • Anonymous Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:56:00 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2024, 10:47:45 PM »
I do not agree with what you have written above, holding is not a risk-free kind of investment. Anything called investment has some degree of risk and especially cryptocurrency investment is all about to risk. I don't think that there is anything that is risk-free in cryptocurrency industry
It is true that any investment has a risk. There is no investment with no risk, especially for crypto investment. People who think crypto investment is free of risk, they probably don't understand about the potential risks. They may never experience to get losses, so they don't know if it is risky.  ;D

You can just say that trading is risker than holding and I will consider if yo believe you. Why I say so is that it is not absolutely proven that Holding is less risky than trading.
It depends on the individual. Trading can be riskier or safer.
If we use a proper strategy and choose top coins, it can be quite safe to trade. Although we fail to take profits, we can hold it and wait for the altcoins season. But when we choose the wrong coins for investment, it can be very risky because they can be delisted on the exchanges. So, both have risks.

It is not true that cryptocurrency, or Bitcoin, is a free-risk investment. We all know that when money is involved, there is always a risk. And there are no investors who are not willing to take a risk on their investment.

Then one more thing: trading and holding is a method that can help us; it just depends on how we apply it to help and give us earnings, because it can give us profit daily or in the short and long term as well.
Thinking that Bitcoin or crypto investment is risk free is actually saying that gambling is risk free for me because Bitcoin investment is nothing but filled with lots of risks to it and that's why anyone going into crypto investment should be really careful and know that they are getting involved in something that isn't guarantee but with the presevance and  hard work then our dream of making profits in either way with involvement with crypto can be possible, but the truth is that buying and holding is far more safer and less risky than trading your coins.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG