follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Nigerian Central Bank Warns Counterfeiters as Residents Reportedly Grapple With  (Read 4222 times)

Offline sirty143

• Mythical
  • Activity: 8662
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 19
  • Last Active: April 22, 2024, 05:09:05 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Nigerian Central Bank Warns Counterfeiters as Residents Reportedly Grapple With Cash Shortages

As Nigeria grapples with cash shortages, the country’s central bank warned of the presence of counterfeit, higher-denomination naira banknotes. The bank has urged members of the public to report anyone suspected of falsifying or counterfeiting... See more for yourself here.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Gm Jutt

• Activity: 55
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: January 23, 2024, 01:14:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    50 Posts Karma 10 Posts
I agree with the importance... of taking proactive measures to combat counterfeiting... and protect the integrity of the currency. Counterfeit banknotes... not only undermine the economy but also erode public trust in the currency... which can have far-reaching consequences.
I commend the Nigerian central bank for issuing this warning... and urging residents to be vigilant... and report any suspicious activities. It is crucial for individuals... to play their part... in preventing the spread of fake currency... by promptly reporting any counterfeit banknotes they come across. This will not only help in apprehending the counterfeiters... but also prevent further cash shortages and economic instability.

Furthermore... I appreciate the emphasis on individuals being cautious.... when accepting cash payments. By familiarizing themselves with the security features of the naira banknotes.... individuals can easily identify counterfeit notes... and... protect themselves from falling victim to fraud.
The central bank warning serves... as a reminder for both the public and... businesses to remain vigilant... and cooperate in the fight against counterfeit currency. It is only through collective efforts... that we can effectively combat counterfeiting and... maintain a stable... and thriving economy. I encourage everyone to heed this warning and actively participate in safeguarding the integrity... of the Nigerian currency.

Offline Tribalchief

• Activity: 455
  • Bitcoin or Nothing
  • Last Active: Today at 12:55:51 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Karma Good Poll Voter Signature
Nigerian Central Bank Warns Counterfeiters as Residents Reportedly Grapple With Cash Shortages

As Nigeria grapples with cash shortages, the country’s central bank warned of the presence of counterfeit, higher-denomination naira banknotes. The bank has urged members of the public to report anyone suspected of falsifying or counterfeiting... See more for yourself here.

The issue of counterfeiting is something that can't be easily corrected, sorry to say. Nigeria, as a country, is riddled with problems across all sectors. The decision to change the nation's currency, while a common practice, initially neglected necessary protocols, possibly due to political motivations during the previous federal election.

Ideally, when a nation's currency is due for a change, new bills are printed and gradually introduced into circulation before phasing out the old ones. This is a standard protocol applied in every country.

And also, I believe the government has neglected to promote e-money, the electronic form of the naira, which could have alleviated the pressure on paper notes. Fortunately, citizens now have digital money options from companies like Opay and Palmpay, although the federal government services lag behind.

Sorry to say, I doubt many citizens would trust the government's word, leading them to handle counterfeit money incidents independently by rejecting such currency. If in possession of counterfeit money, individuals may opt to discard it themselves.
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████

███████████████▀▀███
██
█████████▀▀░░░░███
███████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐███
███▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░████
█▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐████
█████░█▀░░░░░░░█████
█████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐█████
██████░▄███▄░░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
THE.BEST.CRYPTO.MARKETING.AGENCY
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██
▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄███
████████████▄░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████

Offline Agbe

• Activity: 1090
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:12:56 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Voter Quick Poster 1000 Posts
Two couples and others were arrested yesterday for printing counterfeit naira note. And Nigerian government used to deal with this culprit of production of counterfeit naira note. In the past 20 years, a boy I know in my community was arrested with the same crime and the boy came back from jail with deaf and dump. Counterfeit notes in across countries can't be just eradicated and the only thing that can remove such thing is digital currency which is bitcoin itself.

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1714
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 05:02:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
Counterfeit notes in across countries can't be just eradicated and the only thing that can remove such thing is digital currency which is bitcoin itself.
What makes you say so? Are you saying that the central bank in Nigeria no longer can provide enough circulating currency or that the government can't monitor and prevent the fake currency from circulating? It is a bit surprising that news from months ago still happens today. How would moving to digital currency help btw? I remember reading a post talking about how digital payment has become popular in Nigeria because of this supply issue, but wouldn't the government use it and force people to use digital fiat instead? I'm also not sure how widespread Bitcoin in Nigeria is. Even if many people use Bitcoin, I'd imagine counterfeit will still exist as long as the government still allows that as a form of payment.

Offline Mr. Allcrypto

• Activity: 330
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 01:25:38 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Karma Good Avatar Signature

These counterfeit currencies has spread to many place within the country, even in my area a man selling provision store was duped with counterfeit naira notes, and when he found out that the money where fake notes, he broke down, over 40thousand naira.
Stay safe out there guys, and I also think that the government should take actions to eradicate these counterfeit notes. And also i think that cryptocurrencies can play a very vital role in doing that.

Offline target

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1243
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 06:37:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Search Topic Starter Poll Voter

Central Bank printing their money is also considered counterfeiting actually. Whether their bank prints them or someone else, the result is just the same.

$10B from Binance make sense with this kind of news.
▐ ████|    ViteX   |   https://vitex.net/    |████ ▌
Exchange By The Community, For The Community

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG