follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Disadvantages of Bitcoin ETF  (Read 1902 times)

Offline famososMuertos

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1360
  • ..//:::
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 14, 2024, 09:32:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster Poll Voter Search
Re: Disadvantages of Bitcoin ETF
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2024, 10:42:35 PM »
What better "form" than an example of something tangible, palpable... where is the "boom" or rather the Bump!, the price is still there and maintains, in fact it did comeback to have +38k, scary ETFs.

The main disadvantage is that they manage a relevant percentage of bitcoin, but the worst thing is not that, it is their influence on traditional media, this can be harmful at some point...

In terms of ETFs jargon, as long as the outflows do not harm the inflows, everyone is happy.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2024, 10:42:35 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1593
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:38:06 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Karma Bad Quick Poster Poll Voter
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2024, 11:16:33 PM »
TBH I don't expect too much about ETF bitcoin.. Although many people have own opinions about this, they said ETF bitcoin will have good impact. But we should see the reality,  After  ETF bitcoin approved until now I see bitcoin performance still recover and didn't touch the price before ETF bitcoin approved.

That's quite normal. We had a very hyped-up event of the SEC approval, many investors have "sold the news" and the recovery after that will take some time.
As I type this the price just crossed $44k, so things are not looking bad considering many have predicted BTC going down to the lower 30k range.
Maybe some of those who dumped at 46-47k are starting to think we're not going any lower and deciding to buy back. 

Offline Hamza2424

• Activity: 849
  • Tengri Privacy tools
  • Last Active: March 31, 2024, 05:59:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    Third year Anniversary Quick Poster Poll Voter
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2024, 09:31:28 PM »
Ahh, From the bottom of my heart thanks sir for mentioning this key point...

More on it, I was not expecting anything from ETF just a huge flow of money in the market and bullish market momentum, there are some other decent ways available to fetch bitcoin more securely and conveniently. Now, it seems like ETF is just a bubble market that will follow its nature throughout the entire journey.

TBH I don't expect too much about ETF bitcoin.. Although many people have their own opinions about this, they said ETF bitcoin will have a good impact. But we should see the reality,  After  ETF bitcoin approved until now I see bitcoin performance still recover and didn't touch the price before ETF bitcoin approved.

On this fact I would love to put some words, can you tell me why Bitcoin was pumping before ETF approval?

Obviously, I know you won't deny it was just because People were excited about ETF approval they were Bullish it that Bitcoin would go through another ATH, this made a huge capital flow in the market and on the day of ETF approval everyone was prepared now it was the institutional investment time and as many mature investors expected (Hehe including me) Intutues were not likely interested in buying at high prices and for some of their portion they were already prepared by early accumulation.

On that Whales and mature investors booked their profit, and Bitcoin took a healthy correction. It takes time that how the capital will flow into the market especially when we are taking institutional capital into count. Now as everyone was already prepared there was no demand at the high market was moving below the limit of price range before the ETF approval but now as you can see market is making a good recovery.

The conclusion is that hype made Bitcoin pump and now we need the real flow of capital and other push to breakthrough the ATH, I'm expecting some other regulatory development and Halvng will push bitcoin further.

On the same time its good that you've not expected the dreamy gains after approval for ATH breakthrough.

▄█▄
▄█████▄
██▀███▀██
▄███▄████▄███▄
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▄█▄██▀█▀███████▀█▀██▄█▄
▄█████▄█████████████▄█████▄
▀███▀█████████████▀███▀
██▄███▄█████▄███▄██
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▀█▀██▄█▄██▀█▀
▄█████▄
▀███▀
TENGRI CRYPTO
ZERO
LOGS
NO
REGISTRATION
NO
JS
24/7
SUPPORT
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
███████████▌▄██████████
█████████████████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline doc

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1798
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 14, 2024, 09:31:15 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2024, 01:59:47 AM »
TBH I don't expect too much about ETF bitcoin.. Although many people have own opinions about this, they said ETF bitcoin will have good impact. But we should see the reality,  After  ETF bitcoin approved until now I see bitcoin performance still recover and didn't touch the price before ETF bitcoin approved.

That's quite normal. We had a very hyped-up event of the SEC approval, many investors have "sold the news" and the recovery after that will take some time.
As I type this the price just crossed $44k, so things are not looking bad considering many have predicted BTC going down to the lower 30k range.
Maybe some of those who dumped at 46-47k are starting to think we're not going any lower and deciding to buy back.

I don't believe bitcoin price will dump until $30K. Bitcoin price is increasing again and touch $ 47K.
After ETF approved, bitcoin dumped and going up again now. I just think the advantage of bitcoin ETF, will have good impact for bitcoin. I don't think about disadvantages of ETF bitcoin.

Offline LUCKMCFLY

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 12:33:05 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2024, 02:25:43 AM »

I don't believe bitcoin price will dump until $30K. Bitcoin price is increasing again and touch $ 47K.
After ETF approved, bitcoin dumped and going up again now. I just think the advantage of bitcoin ETF, will have good impact for bitcoin. I don't think about disadvantages of ETF bitcoin.

What happens is that things when you try to see what could be happening, because it is obvious that people are very given to the fact that when they are waiting for a move, they are waiting for everything to be done at once, I could say that as a trader you have to see the possible scenarios when the approval of bbitcoin was expected, many believed that it would reach $50k at least, but since all this is psychological since things usually happen like this, it is better to think that if everyone hopes to have a movement, then it has to be done On the contrary, that is what whales and market speculators do, they do this to take advantage of things and be able to take bitcoin away from the hands of those who panic, thus making bitcoin cheaper.

This is something that we must see, and that we have to learn, sometimes in the market things can be very difficult to make a prediction or something, but with events we cannot be so confident, we must think like whales.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1734
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 09:18:51 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2024, 06:03:11 PM »
You missed the most important one:
Not your keys not your coins! Promises on paper are not keys either!

Ahh, From the bottom of my heart thanks sir for mentioning this key point...

More on it, I was not expecting anything from ETF just a huge flow of money in the market and bullish market momentum, there are some other decent ways available to fetch bitcoin more securely and conveniently. Now, it seems like ETF is just a bubble market will follow its nature throughout the entire journey.

You are forgetting the initial impact the upcoming news had.
A lot think well the price was at 47k when the ETF were approved, so no change no impact.

But they forget that it was the approaching deadline on those submissions and the Grayscale lawsuit that triggered the jumps to to 47k in the first place, there was no news, no laws, not a single thing that you could point a finger and say tit was the culprit behind the nearly 100% raise in the last two months other than the ETF hype.

Offline NikeFit_7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1280
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 07:05:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    1000 Posts Karma Bad 500 Posts
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2024, 11:06:51 AM »
So far I haven't found any significant advantages in Bitcoin ETFs compared to real Bitcoin. In fact, I'm not at all interested in what ETFs have to offer, because why would you trade something that doesn't even exist in the first place? I mean the Bitcoin ETF was launched without any underlying assets and the Bitcoin ETF provider only wanted to buy a few thousand Bitcoins for the 21 million shares they launched. It looks like people are fooling. So compared to investing in something like that, it's better to invest in the original asset and you can manage the asset more freely and safely directly from your wallet.
Well there was a (small) increase, what more do you need? + SEC made a lot of money (at any rate). Do you think they manipulated for nothing? As frustrating as it is, all (especially) the big players, are looking for any possible way to make as much money as possible. Wait, it will get even more interesting during the adoption of ETH-ETF.

Some very interesting information has come to light.

P.S."The cumulative trading volume of spot bitcoin-ETFs has exceeded 30$ billion since launch."

░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2024, 11:06:51 AM »

Offline Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1734
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 09:18:51 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2024, 07:21:45 PM »
+ SEC made a lot of money (at any rate).

How did SEC made money out of this?

The only way SEC is making money is from the taxes on securities that pass though their registration, they are an agency nothing else, so SEC has lost of money by denying ETF for all these years, they could have made well more millions just from that than a what, 10% price swing? If they would have wanted to completely manipulate the price they would have rejected the ETF and had somebody short the coin, the rejection would have triggered way more than 10% probably we would have hit 30k and lower .
You're overcomplicating things for nothing!

You really think in people overseeing a 350 trillion market and paid with millions  year have nothing better to do than play manipulate the price of an assets who hasn't yet reached in a month the volume FB did in a day 12 years ago?  ;D

Offline Mrbluntzy

• Activity: 145
  • The 🪓 is blunt
  • Last Active: April 17, 2024, 01:00:43 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Quick Poster 100 Posts Karma
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2024, 01:40:06 AM »
The truth is that I don't have any quality understanding about what this Bitcoin ETF is all about, despite that I have read a little about it yet I don't just understand how it works and why it seems to be very special and safer than Bitcoin. I know only Bitcoin and I'm sticking with that alone.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████

Offline therozaq

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2639
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: April 04, 2024, 06:48:55 AM
    • View Profile

too active, 25 Posts in one day 2500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2024, 02:25:31 AM »

The only way SEC is making money is from the taxes on securities that pass though their registration, they are an agency nothing else, so SEC has lost of money by denying ETF for all these years, they could have made well more millions just from that than a what, 10% price swing? If they would have wanted to completely manipulate the price they would have rejected the ETF and had somebody short the coin, the rejection would have triggered way more than 10% probably we would have hit 30k and lower .

Yes, there may be a tax on securities that passes through their registration, which is income received by the SEC.  Exactly what the process is, I don't know.  But financial institutions usually take advantage of each of their policies.
I'm not saying there's a certain deal in the Bitcoin ETF approval process, but it's a possibility.

The bitcoin ETF has had a positive impact on the bitcoin market. We all saw that the bitcoin price had touched $48K after the ETF was approved.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline jonathancool220

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1980
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: February 20, 2024, 05:36:07 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2024, 06:07:01 AM »
This ETF is a centralized market and many investors trade in the ETF market. That means the more Bitcoin is traded centrally, the more price drama there will be.

Price manipulation from this ETF could happen at any time because the ETF has a large supply of Bitcoin in circulation. If we have a little Bitcoin then we will definitely be affected by this trade.
To be honest, I don't know the main purpose of Bitcoin's entry into the ETF market because this ETF definitely has certain methods or tricks for making profits from Bitcoin trading.
It's just my opinion that if Bitcoin is owned by many companies centrally, that's where they have an important role to play in controlling the price of Bitcoin.

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 10:16:56 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2024, 08:40:40 AM »
Yes, there may be a tax on securities that passes through their registration, which is income received by the SEC.  Exactly what the process is, I don't know.  But financial institutions usually take advantage of each of their policies.
I'm not saying there's a certain deal in the Bitcoin ETF approval process, but it's a possibility.

The bitcoin ETF has had a positive impact on the bitcoin market. We all saw that the bitcoin price had touched $48K after the ETF was approved.
When you talk about the process of money being given to get approval for an ETF, this has to be proven with facts, but this is far from being suspected. You can see from the announcement that the ETF was rejected and the price immediately fell, and it is possible that that moment was what the SEC was waiting for to buy Bitcoin at that price. cheap, and after that, they announced that the ETF was accepted, so the price rose quickly, as you can see, so the SEC has already benefited from this movement.

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1593
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:38:06 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Karma Bad Quick Poster Poll Voter
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2024, 11:37:52 PM »
(...)
It's just my opinion that if Bitcoin is owned by many companies centrally, that's where they have an important role to play in controlling the price of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin, as the protocol, or the network will not become centralised because of the emergence of spot ETFs. All they do is provide another way for people (and now institutions) to invest in bitcoins.
Even if the majority of bitcoins end up being held by ETFs, it's not like they can do with them whatever they want. They won't be able to dump it on the market by surprise, as the decision to sell will be made by people who invested in ETFs.

I'm not saying that the market getting dominated by ETF trading is an ideal scenario. There are some threats to it, but a lot of concerns are exaggerated.

Offline UNIVERSE

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1775
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 11:39:10 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2024, 11:54:11 PM »
Yes, maybe that's the downside of Bitcoin ETF. Because no matter what, there will definitely be pros and cons. So, let's just focus on looking at the positive side of this ETF. At least the approval of this Bitcoin ETF will affect the progress and acceptance of crypto, especially Bitcoin. So this is actually good news, right? Because, this ETF opens up the opportunity for Bitcoin adoption to be even higher too. So, you don't need to think too much about the negative impacts. At least it's just a matter of consideration, but not something to be afraid of.

Offline IvugeoEvolutionCoin

• Activity: 712
  • Last Active: May 13, 2024, 01:11:13 AM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2024, 07:56:39 AM »
Yes, maybe that's the downside of Bitcoin ETF. Because no matter what, there will definitely be pros and cons. So, let's just focus on looking at the positive side of this ETF. At least the approval of this Bitcoin ETF will affect the progress and acceptance of crypto, especially Bitcoin. So this is actually good news, right? Because, this ETF opens up the opportunity for Bitcoin adoption to be even higher too. So, you don't need to think too much about the negative impacts. At least it's just a matter of consideration, but not something to be afraid of.
Indeed, ETFs do not have a complete influence on Bitcoin price movements, but at least having an ETF is one way to make Bitcoin prices rise because more and more people will buy Bitcoin. Having an ETF can help outside traders to enter the world of cryptocurrency and buy as much Bitcoin as they want. you can and of course the purchase will be easy to do.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG