follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Coins.ph is expanding.  (Read 419 times)

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
Coins.ph is expanding.
« on: February 01, 2024, 08:56:54 AM »
Coins.ph is to expand it's services into Europe, Latin America, Australia and Africa and any users in these countries either Filipinos or not they can now send crypto in the Philippines. Though US was not on the list but they said securing licenses to this country is way too expensive just like Japan, South Korea and Hongkong but they are aiming to get one in the near future.

For me this is good news to Filipino crypto enthusiasts living and working abroad as they can now send remittances through this cryptocurrency related  innovation without any hassle.

Source: https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/01/25/24/coinsph-expanding-globally-eyes-slice-of-remittances

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Coins.ph is expanding.
« on: February 01, 2024, 08:56:54 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1714
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 05:02:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
Re: Coins.ph is expanding.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 12:16:49 PM »
For me this is good news to Filipino crypto enthusiasts living and working abroad as they can now send remittances through this cryptocurrency related  innovation without any hassle.
From the way he describes it, this expansion basically allows them to accept fiat from overseas and allows the users to easily trade that to crypto and send it to other Coin.ph users. Does this mean any exchange needs a license to accept new fiat then? Does this also mean they won't accept USD since they don't plan to 'expand' there? I thought the expansion was opening new offices or branches, but from the interview, I don't think that's necessary. Maybe just a simple office but no operation is carried out overseas (trading, etc)? Feels a bit weird, I pay other businesses outside crypto with USD just fine even though they don't necessarily have any US license, especially with stuff like PayPal.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 10:49:37 AM »
For me this is good news to Filipino crypto enthusiasts living and working abroad as they can now send remittances through this cryptocurrency related  innovation without any hassle.
From the way he describes it, this expansion basically allows them to accept fiat from overseas and allows the users to easily trade that to crypto and send it to other Coin.ph users. Does this mean any exchange needs a license to accept new fiat then? Does this also mean they won't accept USD since they don't plan to 'expand' there? I thought the expansion was opening new offices or branches, but from the interview, I don't think that's necessary. Maybe just a simple office but no operation is carried out overseas (trading, etc)? Feels a bit weird, I pay other businesses outside crypto with USD just fine even though they don't necessarily have any US license, especially with stuff like PayPal.
I think coins.ph is the paypal version of the Philippines but we Filipinos are still waiting for their updates regarding the said expansion so we can try and experience the new features they will possibly offer in the near future. Since they are a crypto wallet and exchange I think US SEC requires registration locally and internationally prior to operation I just don't know how it works in other countries but here in my country all of 'em were fully regulated.

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1594
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 10:56:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 08:37:55 PM »
I think coins.ph is the paypal version of the Philippines but we Filipinos are still waiting for their updates regarding the said expansion so we can try and experience the new features they will possibly offer in the near future. Since they are a crypto wallet and exchange I think US SEC requires registration locally and internationally prior to operation I just don't know how it works in other countries but here in my country all of 'em were fully regulated.

isn't this the same in Philippines? coins.ph will need to be operate legally which the SEC will provide the consent for them.  since coins.ph wants to expand in AU, they will also need a permission from SEC Australia.

i think they will really need to expand since Gcash and Maya seem to have stole their spot in the Philippines. a lot of its users moved on after coins,ph took the rough changes.

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1714
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 05:02:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 05:14:09 AM »
I can understand the need to acquire a license if they want to operate overseas, but I'm a bit confused by the statement since it sounds like if they want to accept other fiats they also need to open a branch in said country, which is not the norm based on what I know. I'm referring to if they decide to accept IDR deposit, for example, they don't necessarily have to open a branch in Indonesia. Maybe I misunderstood what they said, as long as they provide better service I guess it doesn't really matter. CMIIW.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 10:12:02 AM »
I can understand the need to acquire a license if they want to operate overseas, but I'm a bit confused by the statement since it sounds like if they want to accept other fiats they also need to open a branch in said country, which is not the norm based on what I know. I'm referring to if they decide to accept IDR deposit, for example, they don't necessarily have to open a branch in Indonesia. Maybe I misunderstood what they said, as long as they provide better service I guess it doesn't really matter. CMIIW.
As of the moment we are still waiting for their response on this as we are also clueless on what really is their plans and changes will be made in operating in a specific country as we all know there were millions of Filipinos overseas and that is their target users including foreigners who wanted to avail their services. I am actually hopeful that they will soon be available not just in few countries they listed but they are able to offer services worldwide.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG