follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Poll

How would you describe mainly your activity with cryptos?

Saving
8 (16.3%)
Investing
25 (51%)
Trading
12 (24.5%)
Speculating
2 (4.1%)
Gambling
2 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Saving... Investing... Speculating... Gambling? (Poll)  (Read 11908 times)

Offline hugeblack

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1657
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: Today at 01:07:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
Re: Investing or Speculating?
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2023, 04:45:46 AM »
There is no connection between the two terms, as investment requires prediction, which is represented by Speculation, so the wording of the question must be a short-term or long-term investment.
If you have experience and knowledge of the foundations and methods of technical analysis, short-term investing for people like you will achieve a good income. Otherwise, stick to long-term trading and using trading methods such as DCA.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2023, 04:45:46 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

James Anderson

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2023, 06:16:58 AM »
Saving involves setting aside money, often low-risk, for short-term goals. Investing aims for long-term growth through assets like stocks or real estate. Speculating involves high-risk ventures for potentially quick gains. Understanding these distinctions is essential as they impact risk, timeframes, and financial goals.

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1697
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: Today at 09:09:54 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2023, 07:04:25 AM »
Saving... Investing... Speculating... what's the difference?
Does it matter anyway?
And if it does, how would you describe your activity with cryptocurrencies?

In my assessment, if you want savings, of course you will use the choice of investment to have savings, as long as the coin assets you choose are right in this business.

And if that's inside actual trading, you'll use indicators so you can predict where the price will go. You can now speculate about the coin that you are short-term trading. And when that happens to get you a profit because you hit a high percentage in the prediction, if you save it, you will have savings.

Offline gulu_khan

• Activity: 521
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: March 08, 2024, 08:11:40 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    500 Posts Quick Poster Second year Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2023, 06:53:11 PM »
Saving involves preserving money with low risk, investing is putting money into assets for long-term growth, and speculating is seeking short-term gains with higher risk. The difference matters for risk tolerance and goals. In cryptocurrencies, saving might be holding stablecoins, investing could be long-term holdings like Bitcoin, and speculating might involve trading altcoins. Your activity depends on your risk tolerance and objectives.

Online MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15812
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 09:21:21 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2023, 07:13:03 PM »
To me, all of these concepts are Investing, meaning investing resources (money, time, effort) to create profits.

The division of concepts is based on duration and each person's risk appetite. Even for many people, all of these concepts are only part of their flexible trading strategies: I trade, I buy and sell, I also speculate and have a portion of stable coins to Save.

I think we should focus on providing specific criteria for allocating capital and strategies for each part to achieve the best benefits: high safety and high profits.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline vegasus

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:13:02 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2023, 11:59:06 PM »
Saving involves setting aside money, often low-risk, for short-term goals. Investing aims for long-term growth through assets like stocks or real estate. Speculating involves high-risk ventures for potentially quick gains. Understanding these distinctions is essential as they impact risk, timeframes, and financial goals.
Saving surely should have lower risks. Meanwhile investment probably has a higher risk but it potentially multiply the money.  Both saving or investment can be short or long term. It depends on the goal of the people who invest in. For speculating, it should be on very high risk thing, ex: new altcoins. If we put our money on the top altcoins, I think it is still the form of investment. But when we buy new altcoins or meme coins, it is surely the form of speculating our money/funds.

Offline IvugeoEvolutionCoin

• Activity: 662
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 07:41:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2023, 10:11:20 AM »
Saving surely should have lower risks. Meanwhile investment probably has a higher risk but it potentially multiply the money.  Both saving or investment can be short or long term. It depends on the goal of the people who invest in. For speculating, it should be on very high risk thing, ex: new altcoins. If we put our money on the top altcoins, I think it is still the form of investment. But when we buy new altcoins or meme coins, it is surely the form of speculating our money/funds.
Saving with a lower risk is saving in the form of Bitcoin and having to save in a wallet that has a key that only you know the key to. Saving Bitcoin is the right choice because I think the increasingly limited supply of Bitcoin means the price will rise from year to year and will provide a lot of profits for those who already have a lot of Bitcoin.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2023, 10:11:20 AM »

Offline sampoerna

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: March 25, 2024, 02:05:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2024, 11:56:18 PM »
Thanks for the explanation.
I don't know what it's called, I personally am more suited to investing than speculation. Even when investing, you really have to understand which coins are promising and won't disappoint even though they are high risk? Yes, if we want to avoid speculating, it would be better if we invest in top market cap coins which don't promise super high profits, but they keep dropping and their prices are uncertain. So wouldn't it be better to focus on investing in top coins such as Bitcoin, EYJ MATIC, ADA and other top coins, right?

Online Sim_card

• Activity: 779
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 09:16:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2024, 10:10:54 AM »
For now, it's bearish.
I think investing is better to do.
But maybe at teh next year, I will do trading again
I believe that one can do investing and trading at the same time depending on the amount of capital you have. Allocating 1/6th of your capital for trading is enough in most cases but if someone can allocate 1/4th of the capital for trading then that's also fine. I would say that a trader always finds opportunities and whenever he/she gets those opportunities he/she can take a trade.
You are right but you should also know that doing both will only be a distraction because you will be more focus on trading than investing. You might even go as far as using the money that you have invested to trade when you have lost all you assigned to trading because trading is a professional thing and is complex. Even professional traders run at loss. This is why I will only focus on investing because in whatever we are doing we must be patient with it to mature before we can reap from it. Trading is similar to gambling but you might say that I am wrong.

Offline taufik123

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1625
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:47:40 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster Topic Starter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2024, 01:50:23 PM »
I don't know what it's called, I personally am more suited to investing than speculation. Even when investing, you really have to understand which coins are promising and won't disappoint even though they are high risk? Yes, if we want to avoid speculating, it would be better if we invest in top market cap coins which don't promise super high profits, but they keep dropping and their prices are uncertain. So wouldn't it be better to focus on investing in top coins such as Bitcoin, EYJ MATIC, ADA and other top coins, right?
If it is just a speculator, then he will just say some nonsense without having any certainty about the price speculation said.
It is better to be an investor because it will be more profitable.

Long-term investors with Bitcoin will provide better returns.
But some altcoins are also good enough to hold long-term.
You may experience Typo with EYJ coin, maybe you mean ETH,

Online LUCKMCFLY

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1999
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 07:42:48 PM
    • View Profile

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2024, 07:06:22 PM »
If it is just a speculator, then he will just say some nonsense without having any certainty about the price speculation said.
It is better to be an investor because it will be more profitable.

Long-term investors with Bitcoin will provide better returns.
But some altcoins are also good enough to hold long-term.
You may experience Typo with EYJ coin, maybe you mean ETH,

Everything that involves investing will Always Generate a risk, which is very normal in the market, when investing in Bitcoin it can represent a risk, but honestly it is the safest investment in the world, for me it is, it doesn't matter if the price drops of bitcoin, because the ET, or for whatever reason it exists here, what should be done is to verify everything to make and generate better opportunities, I always recommend buying Bitcoin, because for me it is the best of all, without bitcoin there is no There is a party, most of us Always look for ways to better face any type of  Risk , the Moment we step onto the street we take a risk when we go away, which type of activity already implies a risk, everything is like that, for that reason investing in I do see bitcoin as one of the best ways to make money grow.

Investments in altcoins are necessary, yes, and something that can be very determining, but basically what I can think about this is that every time a type of investment is made in altcoins it is not the same as bitcoin, the risks of losing They are much more Advantaged, although they can diversify into other Cryptocurrencies , but I consider Bitcoin to be safe.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 847
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 08:35:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2024, 07:59:13 PM »

When you're saving, then you're holding, but you need to define the standard or what exactly are you saving or holding, if you're saving fiat then you're wrong, save or hold Bitcoin and be free, when you choose the right cryptocurrency, then you're investing on it to make profit from what you have save up for and invested on, the last one, speculating, speculate well before you invest and after you have invested, your investment is not complete without running a speculation on it.

Offline SamReomo

• Activity: 1085
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:35:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2024, 10:04:23 PM »
You are right but you should also know that doing both will only be a distraction because you will be more focus on trading than investing. You might even go as far as using the money that you have invested to trade when you have lost all you assigned to trading because trading is a professional thing and is complex. Even professional traders run at loss. This is why I will only focus on investing because in whatever we are doing we must be patient with it to mature before we can reap from it. Trading is similar to gambling but you might say that I am wrong.
I would say that trading isn't a distraction if you do it in a good way with a proper strategy and a plan.  I would say that one should assign a defined amount for trading purpose and should take smaller trades if he/she fears about huge losses.

Trading with a proper strategy won't cause much losses but yeah when you're building up a strategy then you may have some losses during that time. I wouldn't compare trading with gambling as both of different from each other in many ways.

If you're a trader and you're using future's trading with very high leverages then that's a matter of concern because you're basically gambling with your money, however if you're only using spot trading then you aren't doing anything wrong.

I would say that someone who is busy with other tasks should avoid trading and move towards investing only but if someone can manages some time for trading then it's going to give huge rewards in long term. Many traders have left their office jobs after earning good income via trading and trust me a good trader never faces huge losses but a greedy one does.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline I-Bit

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2213
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 09:57:44 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2024, 11:54:00 PM »
Does it matter anyway?
They are different, each has its own goal. But I prefer to choose investing and trading, these are 2 ways that are possible to give me money. I mostly invest in top coins, specifically Bitcoin and Ethereum. Meanwhile in trading, I prefer to choose more volatile coins, I choose top altcoins or current trend altcoins.

Sure, investing and trading are necessary in my life.  ;)

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1697
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: Today at 09:09:54 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2024, 07:05:09 AM »
Saving with a lower risk is saving in the form of Bitcoin and having to save in a wallet that has a key that only you know the key to. Saving Bitcoin is the right choice because I think the increasingly limited supply of Bitcoin means the price will rise from year to year and will provide a lot of profits for those who already have a lot of Bitcoin.

You probably know that most people who want to use DCA will decide to make an investment in bitcoin or cryptocurrency. This is the best way to do it in the times we are facing.

Because if the investment we made is right, it is also possible for us to have big savings immediately in the future. But this is just my speculation, so we should still have the word: do your own research in all aspects that we will do in the crypto space.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG