follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: My question about Karma?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Nheer

• Activity: 370
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: March 17, 2024, 12:18:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Search Topic Starter
Re: My question about Karma?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2024, 02:10:45 PM »
Actually, at first I didn't pay much attention to the Karma I had. But after I saw I had 5 Karma that had appeared on my profile. Now I'm curious.

Who sent Karma to me?
And which topic or post do I get Karma?

I realized that Karma was sent directly to my profile and not to a post I made. But I was just curious and asked.

Honestly, I'm interested in seeing the flow of entry and exit of Karma to provide evaluation material and find out what things make someone impressed and send Karma to fellow users.

Karma may not have an effect on ranking increases, but seeing our karma increase sometimes also gives an impression that makes us more enthusiastic in this forum.
So I need more information about Karma.

Thank You  :)
I just karmared you because i have similar thoughts in mind because have been getting some karma as well but there is no way one can detect who they are from and what post received the karma i guess we just keep making good contributions and that will be our reward for the contributions.

It will be good if one is able to see what post receives karma and from whom at least but if thats how the forum as always been then i think we just need to adapt to the system.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2024, 02:10:45 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Faisal2202

• Activity: 808
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 07:21:35 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Search Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2024, 06:03:35 PM »
I'd not say so, karma is more like a like or a dislike in social media rather than merit. First, it can be negative, next you have nearly as much karma to give as you wish.
But even with likes and dislikes, we know who is liking or disliking us, and on what post of ours. But in Karma's case, we don't know any of that or do we? I asked this same question that "how can we see who gave us karma" on Public chat and I was replied by a member that we can't see that. And as you have mentioned above only admins can see even moderators can't see it. How can you be so sure? Sorry if my question disrespects you but I don't know you and your post in this forum that's why I asked the source.

As I thought moderators could also see who is giving karma and to which post, as moderators meant to moderate rules and avoid spamming, and if they would not know that how they will stop karma stopping. It would become tiredsome for the admin to handle such cases. Just being curious.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Jokers

• Mythical
  • Activity: 7644
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 08:01:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2024, 06:11:33 PM »
And as you have mentioned above only admins can see even moderators can't see it. How can you be so sure?

You can go to my profile and see there "Additional Membergroups:modz", so I'm sure that I can't see nor your karma logs, nor mine. ;)

If karma abused, it is seen: significant or insistent changes attract attention and admin can check.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline Uruhara

• Activity: 1120
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 03:29:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Quick Poster Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2024, 07:00:53 AM »
But before I give karma, I clearly see he has 1 karma. But after I sent 1 karma, why did it become zero? ???

He probably had -1 karma. He spammed in several topics yesterday and lost several karma. admin even gave him -5 karma for low quality posts. Last time I saw his account yesterday he had 0 karma. So I guess later he got -karma for one of his meaningless posts additionally. So when you gave him +karma his result became 0. ;)
It seems I like the system on this forum more and more. That is, when we make mistakes such as making spam posts and the like and we get -Karma then we can fix it by changing our posting habits for the better. And -Karma will disappear when someone starts to judge our posts as useful. Karma becomes like an indicator of a user's quality. And about users whose Karma becomes Zero means that they have improved their posts to be better so that -Karma starts to decrease and finally disappears. This is very interesting.  :)

I just karmared you because i have similar thoughts in mind because have been getting some karma as well but there is no way one can detect who they are from and what post received the karma i guess we just keep making good contributions and that will be our reward for the contributions.

It will be good if one is able to see what post receives karma and from whom at least but if thats how the forum as always been then i think we just need to adapt to the system.
Thank you friend. It seems like many people have questions about this. Because the more people are interested in something, the more questions they will ask to get to know that something better. And now this forum is starting to be liked because all users are starting to get used to this forum. So don't be surprised if there will be lots of questions related to this forum.

But now I am starting to understand that this Karma system is also the best as it is now. Because this can be an important indicator for assessing an account. And now I'm also starting to think that I shouldn't be stingy in giving Karma to every user who impresses me. Because Karma stock will not run out  ;D

+1

But I will start by adding a ''+1'' to every post that I appreciate Karma. To appreciate the user. So that users know which posts managed to amaze someone. Because what I feel so far is that every time we get appreciation, the motivation to be better will grow bigger. So that our quality can continue to improve thanks to this motivation.

Offline Nheer

• Activity: 370
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: March 17, 2024, 12:18:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Linux User Search Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2024, 09:19:50 AM »
Thank you friend. It seems like many people have questions about this. Because the more people are interested in something, the more questions they will ask to get to know that something better. And now this forum is starting to be liked because all users are starting to get used to this forum. So don't be surprised if there will be lots of questions related to this forum.

But now I am starting to understand that this Karma system is also the best as it is now. Because this can be an important indicator for assessing an account. And now I'm also starting to think that I shouldn't be stingy in giving Karma to every user who impresses me. Because Karma stock will not run out  ;D

+1

But I will start by adding a ''+1'' to every post that I appreciate Karma. To appreciate the user. So that users know which posts managed to amaze someone. Because what I feel so far is that every time we get appreciation, the motivation to be better will grow bigger. So that our quality can continue to improve thanks to this motivation.

Exactly the way it should be, we are never running out of karma to send so whenever there is a post that impresses us we should never hesitate to send an appreciation karma. Users will feel appreciated and more motivated to keep contributing positively to the forum. Alot of users recently joined this forum and it is why there have been different questions recently about the forum since they are not used to the forum yet but with time everyone will get used to the system and adapt to it ways.

The karma system is not bad now but i still do think karma farming will be easily done since there is no way to identify which user a karma is being sent to but the limitation of the number of times a karma can be sent in a certain number of hours (i think 10 hours if i am not wrong) is still a good way to minimize the rate of karma farming and in my opinion if the @admin can still make a certain changes to improve the karma system to prevent karma farming will be a good idea as well.

Offline Jokers

• Mythical
    • View Profile

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2024, 10:10:58 AM »
The karma system is not bad now but i still do think karma farming will be easily done since there is no way to identify which user a karma is being sent to but the limitation of the number of times a karma can be sent in a certain number of hours (i think 10 hours if i am not wrong) is still a good way to minimize the rate of karma farming and in my opinion if the @admin can still make a certain changes to improve the karma system to prevent karma farming will be a good idea as well.

When you know that if found karma abuse all abused karma will be deleted and the violator will face punishment up to getting a negative badge and losing a possibility of changing karma forever, it looks not so good to play in games with karma farming. There were karma abusers in the past. If to look through the users list there can be found those with karma abusers additional membership. Not the best mark to have.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Online philipma1957

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1647
  • Last Active: Today at 04:07:05 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    One year Anniversary 25 Polls 10 Polls
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2024, 06:29:04 PM »
Well the + karma idea seems okay >

The - karma could be less okay. After using this thread to give karma's out to better understand the giving of good karma there is a time limit you need to wait to give the same person good karma.

I did not try to figure out bad karma time limits. One this thread does not have a bad post.

If I stumble on a bad post on the forum I will test out the limits of giving that post bad karma.

I think the time limit on bad karma should be 2x longer than on good karma.  But If it is equal it would not be a big issue.

So I found an obvious Ponzi scheme .
below is the Ponzi scheme

https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=315813.msg1475356#msg1475356

I gave a negative karma and tried to do it again right away it clearly says you need to wait a period of time to

repeat a negative.

So when something is obviously 'bad' a delay in negative karma may not be too good to do.

I do realize being able to give lots of negative karma for poor reasons is not good. So the delay to repeat does have some value.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 06:46:05 PM by philipma1957 »
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2024, 06:29:04 PM »

Offline Jokers

• Mythical
    • View Profile

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2024, 06:43:06 PM »
I think the time limit on bad karma should be 2x longer than on good karma.  But If it is equal it would not be a big issue.

It is the same. There is just one option of giving karma faster than in the mentioned period of time: if you did it mistakenly (for instance you gave -karma for a post deserving +karma) you can give an opposite karma immediately and it will compensate the karma you just gave and give an additional karma. So if it was -karma, the user will get +karma to compensate and +karma additionally, as a result like you'd gave him +karma from the very beginning.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline Agbe

• Activity: 1100
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 09:33:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Voter Quick Poster 1000 Posts
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2024, 11:10:18 PM »
According to the admin to avoid unnecessary drama.in the forum he removed the feature which shows the person that send +karma and -Karma but even at that it would be better for him to show which of the threads worth the + or - karma. Because that one will make the op to know that it is on that particular thread or comment that karma was given and removed. Though the karma system is very much okay but just curious to know who give and who remove.

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 852
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 07:24:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2024, 03:44:07 PM »
Who sent Karma to me?
And which topic or post do I get Karma?

At first, I was also curious to find out who sent me Karma, so I checked my profile for confirmation. However, I couldn't find any information or activity logs that could help me identify the sender, only the badge earned about Karma can be seen. This led me to ask a similar question the same as your question, and the response I received was this. I hope this also answers your question.

Only admin has an access to karma logs, so only he can see who, whom and for what.

I even liked it that way that it's only the admin who has access to knowing everything about karma, if not people will abuse it, also some knowing who gives to them and who don't, they will not like to relate well in some cases when they find out that those that gives them a negative one do that to dislike their contributions, it will also make everyone givi it to do it without having second thoughts about it, they judgement for giving it out will be justified.

Offline Faisal2202

• Activity: 808
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 07:21:35 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Search Poll Voter
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2024, 08:20:06 PM »
You can go to my profile and see there "Additional Membergroups:modz", so I'm sure that I can't see nor your karma logs, nor mine. ;)

If karma abused, it is seen: significant or insistent changes attract attention and admin can check.
oops, I did not realize you are also a moderator I thought a rank like Modz might be written under your username and if it's not written then you are not a mod. I guess that proves everything that moderators can't see the karma but only admins can, but talking karma is abused, when it gets significant, for like 10 members a day, or for 50 members a day, Is the admin not fed up with that or he/she has nothing else to do. hehe not trying to dishearten the admin if he is reading this.

I just saying that this work should be of mods, not of admin only. Or its just so rare that admin doesn't get such cases in 10 or 50 numbers in a day? Hey another question, Are you also on Bitcointalk? I think there is a dude there too with the same name. just asking if you don't mind.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline Jokers

• Mythical
    • View Profile

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2024, 08:58:01 PM »
I just saying that this work should be of mods, not of admin only. Or its just so rare that admin doesn't get such cases in 10 or 50 numbers in a day?

Let's solve problems as they arise, not in advance. If there will be an influx of karma abusers, maybe there will be some karma moderators appointed, but there are no so many abusers at the moment.

Hey another question, Are you also on Bitcointalk? I think there is a dude there too with the same name. just asking if you don't mind.

Why not. ;)
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline Uruhara

• Activity: 1120
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 03:29:55 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Quick Poster Topic Starter
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2024, 09:09:42 AM »
Well the + karma idea seems okay >

The - karma could be less okay. After using this thread to give karma's out to better understand the giving of good karma there is a time limit you need to wait to give the same person good karma.

I did not try to figure out bad karma time limits. One this thread does not have a bad post.

If I stumble on a bad post on the forum I will test out the limits of giving that post bad karma.

So I found an obvious Ponzi scheme .
below is the Ponzi scheme

https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=315813.msg1475356#msg1475356

I gave a negative karma and tried to do it again right away it clearly says you need to wait a period of time to

repeat a negative.

So when something is obviously 'bad' a delay in negative karma may not be too good to do.

I do realize being able to give lots of negative karma for poor reasons is not good. So the delay to repeat does have some value.
Good try sir. I personally have never given -Karma to anyone on this forum because maybe I haven't been diligent enough to browse more boards on this forum. But reading the test you did seems to have answered my curiosity about whether there is a time limit for sending -Karma.

At first I thought that -Karma couldn't reduce +Karma. But apparently -/+Karma is a kind of user quality scale on this forum. Where both of them will eat each other between -Karma and +Karma.

----------
+1

Online DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1064
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 04:05:04 AM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2024, 03:51:14 PM »
At first I thought that -Karma couldn't reduce +Karma. But apparently -/+Karma is a kind of user quality scale on this forum. Where both of them will eat each other between -Karma and +Karma.
Yes, according to the admin, positive karma is being given to the posts that will help others or those informative posts. Negative karma is given to posts that are bad like scams/Ponzi schemes, or any post that is not useful to other people, simply a spam. It is important to use karma responsibly and try not to abuse it by giving excessive positive or negative karma. Any misuse of the karma system may result in penalties.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 12:02:30 PM by DabsPoorVersion »

Online philipma1957

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1647
  • Last Active: Today at 04:07:05 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    One year Anniversary 25 Polls 10 Polls
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2024, 04:28:04 PM »
I gave a lot of karma the last few days. Mostly good. A few bad.

Seems like a decent way to show whom you like.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG