follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Is money the real root of all evil?  (Read 71180 times)

Offline Sim_card

• Activity: 779
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 10:54:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
Re: Is money the real root of all evil?
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2024, 07:35:13 PM »
For me I don't think that money is the root of all evil but it was said that love of money serves as the root of all evil when man loves money more than its fellow , that can be dangerous but that doesn't mean that we cannot make use of money.
Money is the financial equivalent of a commodity. They are just a tool in the hands of man, and cannot be evil or good. Therefore they are neutral. Evil comes only from man.
Yes, money cannot be said to be evil or good, what makes it look evil or good is when people use it, in other words, it depends on how someone uses it. But here I will say that money can be one of the sources that will bring evil, not as an object but as a subject. We cannot deny that there are many crimes that occur because of money. It is just like a knife, if those who have the knife use it for good things then it will bear good fruit, but the opposite is also true.
I would not say that money is the root of all evil, but rather I will say that Man is the root of all evil. This is because it is man that think of evil and carry it out, because they are greedy and not contented with what they have. Money is good  because we need money to be able to live our lives the way we want it, and not the other way round, but some people worship money and that is why they love money that themselves.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2024, 07:35:13 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline philipma1957

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1642
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 04:05:23 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    One year Anniversary 25 Polls 10 Polls
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2024, 04:44:23 AM »
I do not think so, it’s like saying we don’t need money, but money sustains life. It will always depend on how you used your money. There are many meaningful things you can used money; e.g., build hospitals, feed the homeless, build schools, fund to teach people, charity works, help technology, supporting the government on enhancing its citizens way of living, and other many things you can do with money that is worthwhile. I have read about “the love of money”, it talks about every behavior of an individual not money itself that is the source of all different types of evil and distress. Money is ethically neutral; I believe there is naught wrong with money or the ownership of wealth. But, once money starts to control a person that is when the trouble began. People being controlled by money will feel superior and takes pride for power which leads to greediness and obsessions of an individual. He or She will enjoy the luxury of life, they will use their money to dictate and control other people for his or her will. Money is a necessity that is why people do fraud, insult, kill, and do bad things to have it. Hence, it is not “the money” but “the love of it” is the root of all evil.

No

You misquoted the idea.

It is closer to : the love of money is the root of all evil.

I will look for the exact quote.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline philipma1957

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2024, 04:49:23 AM »
I do not think so, it’s like saying we don’t need money, but money sustains life. It will always depend on how you used your money. There are many meaningful things you can used money; e.g., build hospitals, feed the homeless, build schools, fund to teach people, charity works, help technology, supporting the government on enhancing its citizens way of living, and other many things you can do with money that is worthwhile. I have read about “the love of money”, it talks about every behavior of an individual not money itself that is the source of all different types of evil and distress. Money is ethically neutral; I believe there is naught wrong with money or the ownership of wealth. But, once money starts to control a person that is when the trouble began. People being controlled by money will feel superior and takes pride for power which leads to greediness and obsessions of an individual. He or She will enjoy the luxury of life, they will use their money to dictate and control other people for his or her will. Money is a necessity that is why people do fraud, insult, kill, and do bad things to have it. Hence, it is not “the money” but “the love of it” is the root of all evil.

No

You misquoted the idea.

It is closer to : the love of money is the root of all evil.

I will look for the exact quote.

https://biblehub.com/1_timothy/6-10.htm

so it is a bible quote.

I find it annoying when I see this misquoted the way the op did.

To the op the answer to your question is no.

to everyone the answer to the bible quote.

“the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil”

is yes.

Offline Gormicsta

• 1 strike
  • Activity: 231
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: April 08, 2024, 08:09:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Quick Poster too active, 25 Posts in one day 100 Posts
« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2024, 02:36:19 PM »
money can undoubtedly promote corruption and greed, it can also be used positively. Donations are crucial to the operations of many charities and organizations, and the people who give these donations often have extra money to spare. Therefore, it's not so much that money is naturally harmful as it is the way we make use of it matters.

Offline $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1693
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:11:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2024, 04:21:47 PM »
money can undoubtedly promote corruption and greed, it can also be used positively. Donations are crucial to the operations of many charities and organizations, and the people who give these donations often have extra money to spare. Therefore, it's not so much that money is naturally harmful as it is the way we make use of it matters.
It comes back to each individual. Just like a knife, if we use it for something useful then it's good, and vice versa if we can also use it for something that can harm ourselves and others.

There are many positive sides of money, but not a few are also the root of evil. We can't say "the money" is the source of evil, but I think we can say "the people" are the source of evil.

Because money without someone to use it, it will not be something that bears positive fruit or something that bears negative fruit.

Offline Bodhi2021

• Activity: 47
  • Last Active: April 10, 2024, 05:20:51 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Signature Karma Linux User
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2024, 07:30:06 PM »

Not at all , money is not the root of all evils, but rather its all depend on how people used it and what they use it for, though money also contributed 80% for the evils committed in this world! Because when someone don’t have money how will he or she even have the thinking faculty towards an evil act that may even be danger to itself or the people in the society at large, so an evil can be committed by a person without having money but rather he feel steeling to Cater for food or sustainers to makes life better for himself is better in this aspect you see he or she as committed an evil act because of sustenance even before he should get the money for himself an to act with it extravagantly, but most of the people that act such with money don’t know the pains or suffering of finding it , so that’s just the little I can say, money is necessity rather than an evil act the way it’s defined by so many people in the world.
Always be yourself.

Offline philipma1957

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2024, 01:54:37 AM »

Not at all , money is not the root of all evils, but rather its all depend on how people used it and what they use it for, though money also contributed 80% for the evils committed in this world! Because when someone don’t have money how will he or she even have the thinking faculty towards an evil act that may even be danger to itself or the people in the society at large, so an evil can be committed by a person without having money but rather he feel steeling to Cater for food or sustainers to makes life better for himself is better in this aspect you see he or she as committed an evil act because of sustenance even before he should get the money for himself an to act with it extravagantly, but most of the people that act such with money don’t know the pains or suffering of finding it , so that’s just the little I can say, money is necessity rather than an evil act the way it’s defined by so many people in the world.

assuming that the op,s quote in not a mis referred bible quote I agree completely that money is merely a tool which if properly used can benefit everyone .

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2024, 01:54:37 AM »

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2024, 10:58:01 AM »
assuming that the op,s quote in not a mis referred bible quote I agree completely that money is merely a tool which if properly used can benefit everyone.
Yes I agree. It is definitely a tool where all of us knows how to used it whether right or wrong. Since it is a tool it depends on how humans will use it for. In short it is actually us that makes the money used in dirty or evil things. The love of money is what makes a person blinded that is why we sometimes don't care if it was used in bad things.

Offline ajiz138

• Activity: 1090
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:11:46 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2024, 03:57:38 PM »
assuming that the op,s quote in not a mis referred bible quote I agree completely that money is merely a tool which if properly used can benefit everyone.
Yes I agree. It is definitely a tool where all of us knows how to used it whether right or wrong. Since it is a tool it depends on how humans will use it for. In short it is actually us that makes the money used in dirty or evil things. The love of money is what makes a person blinded that is why we sometimes don't care if it was used in bad things.
Well that's true, because money will never be good or evil without someone holding it. It is humans who make money or other inanimate objects good or evil, in short it depends on the human being.

It's the same with other objects. Wood, for example, is very useful for warming the body when cold. But if misused it will become a tool that will hurt others or even take someone's life. So it depends on who and how people use it.

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2060
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 07:18:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2024, 11:49:23 PM »
Well that's true, because money will never be good or evil without someone holding it. It is humans who make money or other inanimate objects good or evil, in short it depends on the human being.

It's the same with other objects. Wood, for example, is very useful for warming the body when cold. But if misused it will become a tool that will hurt others or even take someone's life. So it depends on who and how people use it.
Humans were created to be able to control everything on this earth, whether real or not. You are right in the analogy with money; it is in the form of an object that can be useful and does not depend on the human who holds it and uses it for what purpose.Likewise, with any object and any behavior that occurs, it depends on whether the human being can control it or not; everything depends on what situation he is in and what he wants to do.For this reason, humans must have faith and a good conscience so that they can act according to adab.

Offline ajiz138

• Activity: 1090
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:11:46 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2024, 02:56:39 PM »

Humans were created to be able to control everything on this earth, whether real or not. You are right in the analogy with money; it is in the form of an object that can be useful and does not depend on the human who holds it and uses it for what purpose.Likewise, with any object and any behavior that occurs, it depends on whether the human being can control it or not; everything depends on what situation he is in and what he wants to do.For this reason, humans must have faith and a good conscience so that they can act according to adab.
Humans are the only ones equipped with reason, and it must be used well and again it depends on the human. Now we choose whether we will use reason for good, or we will use reason for bad.

It is true what you say that everyone also needs a conscience in deciding something, sometimes just using reason is risky because sometimes our emotions have an influence.

Therefore, rules were created as guidelines for life, whether they are rules that come from God or rules created by humans.

Offline Don Pedro Dinero

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1657
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:27:29 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Poll Voter Search
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2024, 04:07:59 PM »

Like a knife, which is as good for cutting vegetables as it is for murder. In this case money can be used for education, for enriching experiences, or to help others, just as it can be used for evil purposes. So, for me, the statement is too exaggerated, and therefore untrue. It is not that money is the root of all evil (or the love of it, as philipma1957 qualifies). We could say that it is the root of some because of its powerful character, but such generalisations are always false.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2060
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 07:18:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2024, 05:41:43 PM »

Humans are the only ones equipped with reason, and it must be used well and again it depends on the human. Now we choose whether we will use reason for good, or we will use reason for bad.

It is true what you say that everyone also needs a conscience in deciding something, sometimes just using reason is risky because sometimes our emotions have an influence.

Therefore, rules were created as guidelines for life, whether they are rules that come from God or rules created by humans.
That's right, actually we are equipped with written and unwritten rules which will guide the life we will carry out. There are God's regulations and government regulations that are quite available and can serve as guidelines. But now it is up to us whether we are able and willing to carry out the existing rules.

Even though humans are creatures on earth who are given reason more than anything else, what you said should be true more. They should be able to use it as well as possible to be able to control things that are not good, aka despicable. However, there are still many people who always continue to commit despicable acts because they cannot control themselves properly. Actions through the intellect that has been given to them.

Offline Mr. Allcrypto

• Activity: 330
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 01:25:38 PM
    • View Profile

Karma Good Avatar Signature
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2024, 12:46:34 AM »

When I hear people say that money is the root of all evil, I look at them like people speaking without knowledge..
In the society today, i will say that 99% of man's problems has only one solution which is money, making money to he able to afford what you want is what every body wants.
Money is not the root of all evil, because money can do good things in the society..
Speaking of those saying money is the root if all evil, have you ever imagined a life without money?? You'll suffer.
Make money legitimately and enjoy all the good things in life .

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2024, 11:12:39 AM »

When I hear people say that money is the root of all evil, I look at them like people speaking without knowledge..
In the society today, i will say that 99% of man's problems has only one solution which is money, making money to he able to afford what you want is what every body wants.
Money is not the root of all evil, because money can do good things in the society..
Speaking of those saying money is the root if all evil, have you ever imagined a life without money?? You'll suffer.
Make money legitimately and enjoy all the good things in life .
Have you ever observed who are those people who most of the time say the quote "money is the root of all evil"? Because in my personal observation here in my place when asked about this topic they answers it irresponsibly and unfortunately most of them are in poverty and is uneducated financially.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG