follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: HODLing Altcoins  (Read 11462 times)

Offline DAMKAR

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 02:06:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: HODLing Altcoins
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2024, 07:39:05 PM »

-     Maybe I'm optimistic because I know that before the halving is over, there will be a rally in Bitcoin, and when that happens, it's for sure that many altcoins will also follow Bitcoin's rally.
And when I have an opportunity or a sign that it will have a correction, for sure I will sell, and it will happen after the halving, in my opinion, but of course the market is still unpredictable.
Usually there will be an increase before the halving, but during the halving there will be bitcoin sales from miners, this is what causes the market to dump. Prepare funds to buy when a correction occurs during the halving

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2024, 07:39:05 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1711
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 05:24:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2024, 07:15:34 AM »

-     Maybe I'm optimistic because I know that before the halving is over, there will be a rally in Bitcoin, and when that happens, it's for sure that many altcoins will also follow Bitcoin's rally.
And when I have an opportunity or a sign that it will have a correction, for sure I will sell, and it will happen after the halving, in my opinion, but of course the market is still unpredictable.
Usually there will be an increase before the halving, but during the halving there will be bitcoin sales from miners, this is what causes the market to dump. Prepare funds to buy when a correction occurs during the halving

You are right in what you are saying, dude. Usually what happens is that there is a rally before halving; just a few weeks from now, there will be a rally,
then after the halving correction again. But as of this moment, we are still in correction, but at any moment, there can be a rally in bitcoin and other
cryptocurrencies as well.

So right now, we should not waste time applying DCA to any crypto that we want to hold for a few years that we can see can provide good savings for
our future and our loved ones.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Uruhara

• Activity: 1131
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 10:26:26 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Quick Poster Topic Starter
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2024, 08:09:53 AM »

Well, this is the most appropriate step. that is, we have to prepare capital that we can use to accumulate altcoins if there is a correction after the Bitcoin halving occurs. And usually that happens. Even though there was a period after the halving, BTC still had a strong increase. And actually what I hope this time is that BTC must continue to rise so that the many altcoins that we hold can also continue to increase.

Offline debra

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1659
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 12:00:33 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2024, 09:26:50 AM »
We already have some pumps, it already begins from the previous month. In the last month, there were altcoins that can increase more 100%. However, after the pumps there should be dumps, market needs a correction. So, it is not surprising if we have some dumps lately in the market.

About miners sold Bitcoin, why they do it too early? I think they must know in the halving, Bitcoin may increase more significantly. It will be more benefits to sell in the halving time.

Offline Gladitorcomeback

• Activity: 1102
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 03:21:02 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Search 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2024, 01:48:19 PM »
We already have some pumps, it already begins from the previous month. In the last month, there were altcoins that can increase more 100%. However, after the pumps there should be dumps, market needs a correction. So, it is not surprising if we have some dumps lately in the market.

Only a few altcoins managed to do that in the previous month when Bitcoin went up crazy, but most altcoins are still struggling to recover and manage to get on the list of top performers. About the pumps and dumps or corrections, I believe Bitcoin will correct itself right before or after the halving event.

About miners sold Bitcoin, why they do it too early? I think they must know in the halving, Bitcoin may increase more significantly. It will be more benefits to sell in the halving time.

They do know that there is a bull run coming up and they can get higher profit if they hold their assets and sell them later, but they can't always do that because they require funds to cover expenses for their mining.

Offline KingsDen

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1562
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 11:59:08 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Search Poll Voter 1000 Posts
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2024, 05:11:12 PM »
I don't hold altcoins. The only altcoin I have held for 2 years now is Shiba . And I didn't intentionally hold it. It is just that it crashed on me and I have been holding it right from the last bull run and I am currently in almost -80% losses. I cannot seem at lose and I just keep holding till the next bull run if something miraculous can happen.

The only altcoins that have the capacity to be held for long time is Ethereum and BNB. Others are yet to prove themselves.
If you are holding an altcoin then the price of the altcoin you are holding experiences a price decline and also you are experiencing a very large loss of 80% in conditions like this it is better for you to hold it until you have no loss or gain.. holding the altcoin system is better short term than long term and we have to monitor it all the time so that if there is a price increase or vice versa you can take quick action.
Yea, I have also known that many people who hold altcoins do not just do that willingly. It could be that they were not fast to sell and the market dumped on them and they have no option than to wait just like me. Holding altcoins for a long time is just too risky, unless the high cap altcoins which we are sure will still be around in the next few years to come. I have already listed the coins above. It is unfortunate that some people have meme coins like Bonk, Pepe and more in their portfolio. It will make sense because bull run is close. Maybe they will sell all during bull run.

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 862
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 08:46:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2024, 06:32:10 PM »

Even though we cannot predict on what the market may turns at any particular time in season, but we always have our specific and strategic place on the target on each particular season, in which we have an idea of when the market is on the bull or bear season and from there we know if we are expected to buy or sell, this halving also gives more indications as you all have said, we know that in such periods, more bitcoin are released and there is bullrun, the market remains volatile as highly expected and some buy, sell or hold during the process.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2024, 06:32:10 PM »

Offline legend45

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1768
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 05:45:41 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2024, 10:25:20 PM »

Yea, I have also known that many people who hold altcoins do not just do that willingly. It could be that they were not fast to sell and the market dumped on them and they have no option than to wait just like me. Holding altcoins for a long time is just too risky, unless the high cap altcoins which we are sure will still be around in the next few years to come. I have already listed the coins above. It is unfortunate that some people have meme coins like Bonk, Pepe and more in their portfolio. It will make sense because bull run is close. Maybe they will sell all during bull run.
Holding memes for the short term makes sense, but holding them for the long term is very risky. I hold doge and shib, because these two coins are more popular. I don't want to hold a lot of meme coins because I prefer koij coins that have clear projects such as ethereum, BNB, solana and plkadot

Offline EthereumDev_

• Activity: 969
  • Last Active: Today at 02:57:02 AM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2024, 11:27:40 PM »

Holding memes for the short term makes sense, but holding them for the long term is very risky. I hold doge and shib, because these two coins are more popular. I don't want to hold a lot of meme coins because I prefer koij coins that have clear projects such as ethereum, BNB, solana and plkadot
I think you never want to hold meme coin for a long time, because as you have said, meme coin is a shitcoin that does not have a clear selling product, making its price movements very volatile and future developments like meme coin will not be hype again.

Offline Zeddicus

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 7
  • Last Active: April 23, 2024, 12:56:35 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Poll Voter Topic Starter First Post
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2024, 02:28:38 AM »
Interesting question if I must say,
To know the a good crypto to HODL, one needs to go through few things like its road map, tokenomics, the narratives it's trying to solve. Again it must not have features that is too good to be true.

For the second question, I can hold for more than six months to say like 2 years. Did you guys recall where solana was 2 yrs  ago but now its has printed more returns such are my kind of gem that i HODL at the trade smarter Exchange.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 02:32:36 AM by Zeddicus »

Offline legend45

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1768
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 05:45:41 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2024, 07:38:20 AM »

I think you never want to hold meme coin for a long time, because as you have said, meme coin is a shitcoin that does not have a clear selling product, making its price movements very volatile and future developments like meme coin will not be hype again.
Many of the members here always advise, don't hold meme coins for a long period of time because you will experience losses or get trapped in the price. because coin memes need hype. We can invest in meme coins, but for the short term, that's what I and several members here think

Offline Power420

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1229
  • Last Active: Today at 05:15:48 AM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster 1000 Posts Poll Starter
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2024, 03:24:21 PM »
We all are aware of the higher risk involved in trading than HODLing and it has always been advisable to HODL rather than trade especially to Beginners. Just few days after new year this happened :Market dip hit crypto traders with over $650 million in long liquidations last week. This gives more reasons to avoid trading especially for beginners, since traders may usually fall into pump and dump Schemes and trading especially when trading Altcoins. Its advisable to HODL but the reason I made this post is about from the fact that, we know the surety of HODLing bitcoin, it can be HODL for over a decade but this is not true for most altcoins. Though I have 2 altcoins I can advice anyone to HODL which are Solona and Ethereum while I may have surety of HODLing altcoins for at most 2 years maybe with an exception of Ethereum which I may HODL longer.
I know there are other altcoins worth HODLing but I guess my knowledge is quite vague about investing and HODLing altcoins and so I will like to ask the questions.
  • How do you know an altcoin will be good for HODLing?
  • How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?

I don't like holding Altcoins, because I have been holding these coins for a long time and I have experienced the most losses. The only suitable bitcoins for long-term holdings are the more bitcoins you can hold for a longer period of time, the more benefits you will be able to achieve. You have to keep calm and be patient in investing in Bitcoin, but in Altcoin investing, if you are patient for a long time, there is definitely a chance of loss.

Offline doc

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1736
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 02:55:26 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2024, 04:21:13 PM »

I don't like holding Altcoins, because I have been holding these coins for a long time and I have experienced the most losses. The only suitable bitcoins for long-term holdings are the more bitcoins you can hold for a longer period of time, the more benefits you will be able to achieve. You have to keep calm and be patient in investing in Bitcoin, but in Altcoin investing, if you are patient for a long time, there is definitely a chance of loss.
If you choose long-term investment, actually the most suitable coin is bitcoin. You can buy when the price is still low when it is bearish and hold it for several years, around 3 years, you will make a profit. The longer you hold it, the more benefits you will get

Offline IvugeoEvolutionCoin

• Activity: 669
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 12:50:24 AM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2024, 06:23:31 AM »
If you choose long-term investment, actually the most suitable coin is bitcoin. You can buy when the price is still low when it is bearish and hold it for several years, around 3 years, you will make a profit. The longer you hold it, the more benefits you will get
It's true that for long-term investment, Bitcoin is a very good choice, but for investment, you should also be able to pay attention to the Bitcoin price increase cycle which only occurs once every 4 years and Bitcoin price declines also often occur during bearish seasons, so wait for the bearish time to arrive to invest. in bitcoin, after that wait until the price goes up again, as now the price has become very expensive and is suitable for selling and withdrawing profits.

Offline doc

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1736
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 02:55:26 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2024, 06:40:47 AM »
It's true that for long-term investment, Bitcoin is a very good choice, but for investment, you should also be able to pay attention to the Bitcoin price increase cycle which only occurs once every 4 years and Bitcoin price declines also often occur during bearish seasons, so wait for the bearish time to arrive to invest. in bitcoin, after that wait until the price goes up again, as now the price has become very expensive and is suitable for selling and withdrawing profits.
I will not sell bitcoin under $100K, because I have targeted selling bitcoin at $100k. Although that will wait until next year, because holding bitcoin is the best way right now. The market is currently dumping, but this is only a correction because Bitcoin has shown good movement before the halving.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG