follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Delete  (Read 1304 times)

Offline TOYMAN

• Activity: 123
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: March 29, 2024, 04:55:59 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Posts Karma 50 Posts
Delete
« on: February 04, 2024, 08:23:06 PM »
Delete
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 04:58:12 PM by TOYMAN »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Delete
« on: February 04, 2024, 08:23:06 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2937
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 01:46:21 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
Re: Bitcoin VS Quantum Computing
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 08:47:58 PM »
What impact could advances in quantum computing have on the security and integrity of the Bitcoin blockchain? Moreover, what efforts need to be made within the crypto community to address potential vulnerabilities ?
Before discussing, I think we should refer to some real data about the development of quantum computers and the safety of the Bitcoin blockchain:

"According to calculations, an honest quantum Bitcoin miner would need around 10,000 qubits quantum computer without considering quantum noise. That should be enough to fit the transaction data into a block and calculate hash values.

A fork may be needed to make Bitcoin more resistant to quantum attacks. I.e., 20 million qubits at worst would be required to break a 2048-bit RSA encryption, commonly used nowadays for protection, such as credit card data.

IBM plans to offer 433-qubit quantum systems in the near future and to unveil the world’s first universal quantum computer, with more than 1,000 qubits, this year. Also, the company expects to produce a quantum computer with more than 4,000 qubits by 2025[1]."

These figures show that for many years to come, quantum computers cannot defeat the Bitcoin blockchain, while the Bitcoin blockchain continuously becomes more secure as the Hashrate continuously increases.

A fork could make the Bitcoin blockchain thousands of times more quantum-resistant than it is now, which would be enough to protect the Bitcoin blockchain and the entire crypto market  8)

References:
[1] Bitcoin could be in danger as quantum computing advances (November 15, 2023)

Online Z-tight

• Activity: 1018
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 10:56:47 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 09:03:09 PM »
Quantum computers is not a problem to BTC right now, and we are many, many years away from it being a problem, in the context of your post you sound like quantum computers are already a problem to BTC, which is not true. Take note that the network is also an evolving one, and before quantum computers become a problem, the BTC network would have evolved and a solution would have been found.

Offline Metha Wulandarin

• Activity: 1120
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 10:52:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Quick Poster 1000 Posts Karma Good
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 04:14:17 AM »
In the context of technological developments between quantum and Blockchain, it is constantly evolving.
Quantum itself continues to develop to create sophisticated information technology due to technological competition.
Blockchain continues to develop to create Anti-cyber even though there are still many DEX platforms that are affected, therefore platforms such as Uniswap continue to develop until now there is Uniswap V3 and we as smart users must carefully choose the DEX platform to interact in.

Offline Yamane_Keto

• Activity: 518
  • Last Active: April 08, 2024, 02:56:16 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    500 Posts Search Karma Good
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 05:16:36 AM »
If quantum computers pose a threat to Bitcoin in terms of encryption by making 2048-bit RSA encryption useless, then I think there are thousands of systems that will be damaged, unlike Bitcoin, as the same encryption algorithms are used all over the world, while in Bitcoin you can easily create a hard fork and transfer your coins to new addresses.

Online yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1782
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 11:12:13 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 05:49:49 AM »
Blockchain continues to develop to create Anti-cyber even though there are still many DEX platforms that are affected, therefore platforms such as Uniswap continue to develop until now there is Uniswap V3 and we as smart users must carefully choose the DEX platform to interact in.
DEX platforms have nothing to do with the topic. The topic talks about the danger of development in quantum computing, where a powerful enough quantum computer can reverse engineer a public key to discover its corresponding private key as well as be able to carry out a 51% attack, which makes it a major risk to the security of cryptocurrency and blockchain.

Fortunately, the crypto community is actively developing and researching post-quantum cryptography (PQC) algorithms that could have promising results in resisting quantum computing attacks.

Offline retreat

• Activity: 422
  • Last Active: May 03, 2024, 05:52:57 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Poll Voter Mobile User Search
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 06:17:04 AM »
Quantum computers is not a problem to BTC right now, and we are many, many years away from it being a problem, in the context of your post you sound like quantum computers are already a problem to BTC, which is not true. Take note that the network is also an evolving one, and before quantum computers become a problem, the BTC network would have evolved and a solution would have been found.

That's the point, even though quantum computers have the opportunity to threaten Bitcoin, to reach that point it may take decades and before quantum computers achieve that there will probably be the development of new quantum-resistant cryptographic algorithms and cryptographic keys that are longer than before which is where it will be resistant to hacking carried out by quantum computers.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 06:17:04 AM »

Offline Wiseman

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4396
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 08:27:20 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Quick Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 09:03:54 AM »
Advances in quantum computing pose a potential threat to the security of the Bitcoin blockchain. Especially because of its ability to break widely used cryptographic algorithms. There is a risk of compromise in the current encryption methods we commonly use to protect Bitcoin transactions. I think one of the highest efforts in the cryptocurrency community needs to be on developing quantum resistant cryptographic algorithms. Because our private keys can be vulnerable to quantum attacks.

Now My Question
What impact could advances in quantum computing have on the security and integrity of the Bitcoin blockchain? Moreover, what efforts need to be made within the crypto community to address potential vulnerabilities ?

Copy: wtsimis
I wrote and read a lot about it on another forum, and now they talk about it, if (or when) they can write software to work on a quantum computer (so far they practically do not know how to work on it) it is not able to do such calculations that are needed to crack bitcoin, so for now we should not be afraid.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Metha Wulandarin

• Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2024, 07:55:02 PM »
DEX platforms have nothing to do with the topic. The topic talks about the danger of development in quantum computing, where a powerful enough quantum computer can reverse engineer a public key to discover its corresponding private key as well as be able to carry out a 51% attack, which makes it a major risk to the security of cryptocurrency and blockchain.

Fortunately, the crypto community is actively developing and researching post-quantum cryptography (PQC) algorithms that could have promising results in resisting quantum computing attacks.
Okay, sorry, maybe I misinterpreted or misunderstood.
If for example it is true as you say then what should we do to anticipate it, of course it is impossible if we have to change wallets every day or every time to avoid quantum attacks.
Is there already a solution from the crypto community, especially Bitcoin?

Offline elbans89

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1575
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: March 24, 2024, 05:24:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2024, 10:22:09 PM »

I wrote and read a lot about it on another forum, and now they talk about it, if (or when) they can write software to work on a quantum computer (so far they practically do not know how to work on it) it is not able to do such calculations that are needed to crack bitcoin, so for now we should not be afraid.

At the past several years, we heard about this, quantum computer. But Until now I don't hear quantum computer can do this. So, I agree with you. Don't be afraid about this. It's just rumours.
I still believe private key of our wallet is safe. I don't believe quantum computer can crack bitcoin. It's not easy.

Offline therozaq

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2639
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: April 04, 2024, 06:48:55 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    too active, 25 Posts in one day 2500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2024, 03:19:47 AM »

At the past several years, we heard about this, quantum computer. But Until now I don't hear quantum computer can do this. So, I agree with you. Don't be afraid about this. It's just rumours.
I still believe private key of our wallet is safe. I don't believe quantum computer can crack bitcoin. It's not easy.

You're right mate, I think quantum computing can't hack  bitcoin.
Although if we talk about private key of our wallet, No one can crack it until now..But we don't know what will happen at the coming future.

Online yhiaali3

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2024, 05:36:30 AM »
Okay, sorry, maybe I misinterpreted or misunderstood.
If for example it is true as you say then what should we do to anticipate it, of course it is impossible if we have to change wallets every day or every time to avoid quantum attacks.
Is there already a solution from the crypto community, especially Bitcoin?
That's okay, it usually happens.

Currently, there is no danger from quantum attacks because they have not yet reached the level required to reverse engineer a public key to discover the private key or be able to carry out a 51% attack, but if development in quantum computing continues with this momentum, they may soon be able to do so.

But so far there are no real concerns and we do not have to do anything, as I mentioned in my previous post. Fortunately, the crypto community is working on developing and researching post-quantum cryptography (PQC) algorithms that will resist quantum computing attacks. So until then we don't have to do anything just monitor developments.

Offline Metha Wulandarin

• Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 07:06:11 AM »
But so far there are no real concerns and we do not have to do anything, as I mentioned in my previous post. Fortunately, the crypto community is working on developing and researching post-quantum cryptography (PQC) algorithms that will resist quantum computing attacks. So until then we don't have to do anything just monitor developments.
Discussions like this are what I always expect from this forum, it can add insight and knowledge about crypto in the future.
Is this quantum project only attacking Bitcoin or all crypto assets such as ETH and USDT?
If what often happens on the DEX platform is purely a mischievous person or there is a group that deliberately attacks to bring down the crypto ecosystem so that everyone hesitates to enter the crypto world. ?

Offline Wiseman

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4396
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 08:27:20 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Quick Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2024, 08:00:58 AM »

If this happens and they can do it, we should not worry about cryptocurrency, but about fiat money banks which quantum computer will crack without straining, to our concern it is worth noting that quantum computers are made only to order and only to proven companies.

Online yhiaali3

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2024, 12:37:14 PM »
Discussions like this are what I always expect from this forum, it can add insight and knowledge about crypto in the future.
Is this quantum project only attacking Bitcoin or all crypto assets such as ETH and USDT?
If what often happens on the DEX platform is purely a mischievous person or there is a group that deliberately attacks to bring down the crypto ecosystem so that everyone hesitates to enter the crypto world. ?
Thank you, it is true that this is the goal of the forum, to exchange discussion and constructive ideas among members.

As for your question, yes, quantum computing (in the future), with its superior ability, can attack all types of cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, ETH, USDT, and all other currencies, but Bitcoin is always talked about in the first place because it uses the SHA-256 algorithm, which is considered the strongest, most secure, and most difficult to penetrate among all algorithms. so Bitcoin is only being talked about because if quantum computing can hack it, the other won't be as difficult for it.

As for DEX, do not rely on it. A professional hacker with simple tools and high experience can hack it, as happened several times, so it is not considered safe at all.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG