follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: When will Bitcoin catch up with Gold in capitalization?  (Read 6478 times)

Offline Papusha20

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1240
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: March 31, 2024, 11:31:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: When will Bitcoin catch up with Gold in capitalization?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2024, 05:09:51 AM »
$13T for gold's marketcap while for Bitcoin is currently at $1.2T. So, there's a need to 10x for Bitcoin's market cap to reach gold's market cap. And that means that if it's for the value, Bitcoin should be around $600k for its price as indication for its value to reach gold's market capitalization. It takes time but as we all know, Bitcoin's growth is fast. Maybe a three or more halving and we'd see that in the future but  I wouldn't focus on that part.
I think that Bitcoin still requires quite a longer process than gold. So far gold is also very easy to get but still has an expensive price, while Bitcoin is currently very difficult to get and the price will become expensive in the future.

Maybe we will get gold very easily in future but Bitcoin will be very hard to get very easily. As the value of bitcoin continues to rise day by day, the gold market does not go up and down as much as the updown happens in the bitcoin market. If you want you can buy gold in present time at very easy price but bitcoin was very easy to get in past time but in present time its role is much more.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2024, 05:09:51 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline NikeFit_7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1221
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 09:16:30 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Karma Bad 500 Posts
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2024, 08:20:47 AM »
Where did you find it?
Could you share the source, please.
Let me go ahead by sharing a website at which you can get similar chart and information, even more than that.
It seems the chart does not update for S&P500 and Long US bonds some months ago. Not sure why.
P.S. This is not an advertisement for this channel! If you do not understand languages other than English, you will need to use a translator. Thanks for sharing the resources - if there are others, please share with me. It would be appreciated.  8)

Link: https://t.me/kopeechkav

About bitcoin and gold. In the screenshot below, you can see: "top 10 global assets." At the moment, bitcoin is already at number 9. I don't know for what period, but BTC has confidently overtaken Meta. + I understand that already today BTC has confidently overtaken silver. It is likely to take the honorable 8th place. But, it's worth waiting for the official news. Which I don't see yet. As soon as that happens, I will undoubtedly report it here.  ???

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online Litzki1990

• Activity: 859
  • Last Active: Today at 03:07:53 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    500 Posts Topic Starter Karma Good
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2024, 02:21:04 AM »
Those of us who are involved with Bitcoin or investing now may think that Bitcoin is a rival to gold and that Bitcoin is digital gold. Those of us who are involved in cryptocurrencies will think so, but those outside of cryptocurrencies will not accept that Bitcoin is equal to gold. It may never officially happen that people are comparing Bitcoin to gold. Gold and Bitcoin are two different things, Gold is a digital currency and Bitcoin is a physical precious metal. Just as Bitcoin is the best of digital currencies, gold is the best of physical metals. Without distinguishing between the two, we can consider the two as the best in two respects.

Online KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2911
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 02:34:17 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2024, 03:43:15 AM »
Those of us who are involved with Bitcoin or investing now may think that Bitcoin is a rival to gold and that Bitcoin is digital gold. Those of us who are involved in cryptocurrencies will think so, but those outside of cryptocurrencies will not accept that Bitcoin is equal to gold. It may never officially happen that people are comparing Bitcoin to gold. Gold and Bitcoin are two different things, Gold is a digital currency and Bitcoin is a physical precious metal. Just as Bitcoin is the best of digital currencies, gold is the best of physical metals. Without distinguishing between the two, we can consider the two as the best in two respects.
I think comparing BTC with Gold and calling BTC Gold 2.0 helps BTC affirm its position in the crypto market, and makes BTC become an asset with great value and worth storing, similar to Gold. I don't see the negative impact of this.

I myself have BTC, and I have never had gold in my asset portfolio, which is different from my parents and grandparents. People of the older generation continue to believe in Gold and refuse to approach BTC because for them BTC is just numbers on a screen and can never be sold in fiat. I accept this difference but do not forget to update news about BTC for their reference  ;D

Offline tranthidung

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1482
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 03:39:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Karma Good Quick Poster Karma
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2024, 08:43:30 AM »
About bitcoin and gold. In the screenshot below, you can see: "top 10 global assets." At the moment, bitcoin is already at number 9.
Any people can get this information at

I don't know for what period, but BTC has confidently overtaken Meta.
Bitcoin is still in its discovery phase in this cycle and we all know that after a bull market, there will be a bear market when Bitcoin price will drop a lot like -70% to -80% from its all time high. We don't know what will be Bitcoin ATH in this cycle, but let's see and the time when Bitcoin definitely stays above Meta, Silver is still long in future.

+ I understand that already today BTC has confidently overtaken silver. It is likely to take the honorable 8th place. But, it's worth waiting for the official news. Which I don't see yet. As soon as that happens, I will undoubtedly report it here.  ???
We don't need any news, just watch the table but as aforementioned, Bitcoin will need some more years to actually surpass Silver on the ranking table and won't lose it to silver again.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 765
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 09:20:58 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2024, 09:25:47 AM »
Gold and Bitcoin are two different things, Gold is a digital currency and Bitcoin is a physical precious metal.

Don't worry Liz... happens to me all the time  :D

Online Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1727
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 01:14:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter Quick Poster Karma Good
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2024, 12:26:47 AM »
The thing with Bitcoin is that it fluctuates, we have 4 year cycle, only unique to us. So I don't think that there should be comparison. And again, after the 2017 bull run or during that time, there are a lot of comparisons and up to this day, I don't know why we still have to put Gold vs Bitcoin every time.

We should let go of this argument in my opinion. If Bitcoin catches up, then good, if not, then it won't affect us by any satoshis, just saying.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2024, 12:26:47 AM »

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 765
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 09:20:58 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2024, 12:50:58 AM »
I don't know why we still have to put Gold vs Bitcoin every time.

because they are the 2 major alternatives to fiat currencies, given their limited supply, so people wonder which one is the best alternative.

I agree with you that most comparisons between gold and BTC don't make a lot of sense, especially when one compare their performance.
I think that instead of putting them one against the other, gold and BTC should be considered as friends (and probably it's smart to invest in both).

Offline Jamal Aezaz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1533
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 09:24:38 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Quick Poster Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2024, 03:55:49 PM »

because they are the 2 major alternatives to fiat currencies, given their limited supply, so people wonder which one is the best alternative.

I agree with you that most comparisons between gold and BTC don't make a lot of sense, especially when one compare their performance.
I think that instead of putting them one against the other, gold and BTC should be considered as friends (and probably it's smart to invest in both).

Yes exactly we should not compare bitcoin and gold with each other because both have their own functions and both are profitable but some people wants investment in physical asset while some wants to make investment in digital asset.

If someone wants to be more profitable then I think he should choose both bitcoin and gold but remember that both of these will give you profit only when you hold it longer otherwise no one will show advantages to you and will not increase in value in short time.
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2024, 10:38:59 PM »
The thing with Bitcoin is that it fluctuates, we have 4 year cycle, only unique to us. So I don't think that there should be comparison. And again, after the 2017 bull run or during that time, there are a lot of comparisons and up to this day, I don't know why we still have to put Gold vs Bitcoin every time.

We should let go of this argument in my opinion. If Bitcoin catches up, then good, if not, then it won't affect us by any satoshis, just saying.
The comparison comes from the expectations of investors in the crypto market: Gold is the king in the commodities market, and BTC is the king in the crypto market. They have different natures but share many common uses such as a reserve asset for companies, countries or Spot ETFs. I think the comparison will always exist, not in terms of performance but in terms of market capitalization. We want to see BTC gradually catch up with Gold to become one of the most valuable assets in the world. I also hope that BTC can reach the top 2 in terms of market capitalization and only be behind Gold in this uptrend.

Offline damsix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2466
  • Last Active: April 16, 2024, 05:31:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2024, 01:48:30 AM »
I see that currently the market cap of Bitcoin is 1 trillion USD and the market cap of Gold is 14 trillion USD.
The difference is very far up to 13 trillion USD and this may be difficult for Bitcoin to catch up because the value is very large and very far away.

If we fantasize and if only the Bitcoin market cap could exceed the Gold market cap, the price of 1 Bitcoin would feel very expensive, maybe 1 Bitcoin would cost 1,000,000 USD or more.
In this reality, nothing is impossible, it could be that next year or in the next few years the Bitcoin marketcap could overtake the gold marketcap, but unfortunately for now I have to think logically because 1+1=2, not 1+1=0 .
retire and rest in peace

Offline MRY

• Activity: 248
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 23, 2024, 08:16:44 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Search Signature Avatar
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2024, 10:35:05 AM »
The comparison comes from the expectations of investors in the crypto market: Gold is the king in the commodities market, and BTC is the king in the crypto market. They have different natures but share many common uses such as a reserve asset for companies, countries or Spot ETFs. I think the comparison will always exist, not in terms of performance but in terms of market capitalization. We want to see BTC gradually catch up with Gold to become one of the most valuable assets in the world. I also hope that BTC can reach the top 2 in terms of market capitalization and only be behind Gold in this uptrend.
I think gold and bitcoin have very different characters, with gold having a physical form with an unlimited supply making the price of gold not have a profitable price movement, while BTC has a limited supply that can have price movements that are often used to find profit by many investors and others.

Online KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2024, 12:24:00 AM »
I see that currently the market cap of Bitcoin is 1 trillion USD and the market cap of Gold is 14 trillion USD.
The difference is very far up to 13 trillion USD and this may be difficult for Bitcoin to catch up because the value is very large and very far away.

If we fantasize and if only the Bitcoin market cap could exceed the Gold market cap, the price of 1 Bitcoin would feel very expensive, maybe 1 Bitcoin would cost 1,000,000 USD or more.
In this reality, nothing is impossible, it could be that next year or in the next few years the Bitcoin marketcap could overtake the gold marketcap, but unfortunately for now I have to think logically because 1+1=2, not 1+1=0 .
BTC still has a long way to go to catch up with the Gold market cap, and BTC is moving forward to achieve that goal. The larger the market cap, the slower the growth rate will be, and we may have to wait a few decades to see BTC cap = Gold cap. However I am not worried about that, I just want to profit from BTC instead of focusing on the cap race.

Currently, we also see that BTC is becoming more attractive than Gold from an investment perspective, the flow of money from spot Gold ETFs is flowing to spot BTC ETFs, this is a positive signal for the maturity of BTC in the race with gold.

Offline doc

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1736
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 02:55:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2024, 06:08:03 AM »
I think gold and bitcoin have very different characters, with gold having a physical form with an unlimited supply making the price of gold not have a profitable price movement, while BTC has a limited supply that can have price movements that are often used to find profit by many investors and others.

You are right, I agree with you. Gold has unlimited physical form and supply. Meanwhile, bitcoin is a digital currency whose supply is very limited. it is recommended not to use these two different assets. Having both is better.

Offline Crypto Library

• Activity: 949
  • Living life with Hemophilia-A
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 08:22:07 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Search Karma Bad
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2024, 06:45:21 AM »
I think I saw a topic like this on the Bitcoin Talk forum as well.  Now to answer this question, we must first say that it will take a long time.  And it is doubtful whether Bitcoin can touch gold's capitalization at all.  Because if we notice the market cap of Gold is still several times higher than Bitcoin market cap .  And even if the price of Bitcoin increases by two or three times the previous all-time high price every halving season, it will take another 10-15 years to reach the current market cap of gold.  Moreover, on the other hand, Gold is constantly being mined and its market cap will also increase in the future.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG