follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: When will Michael Saylor and MicroStrategy sell BTC?  (Read 2537 times)

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2897
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 12:31:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
When will Michael Saylor and MicroStrategy sell BTC?
« on: February 20, 2024, 02:07:14 AM »
Currently, besides BTC Spot ETF providers, Michael Saylor's MicroStrategy is also famous as a unit that is actively collecting BTC from the market. MicroStrategy purchased an additional 850 BTC in January 2024 to demonstrate that BTC is still in a very good price range for accumulation[1]. Currently, when the investment in BTC has helped MicroStrategy profit about 4B USD[2], we no longer hear sarcasm about their BTC tactics like in mid-2022, when MicroStrategy suffered losses of up to 1B USD[3]. Everyone is hailing Saylor as the brother who led the crypto market through the winter, many people expect that MicroStrategy will buy more BTC, but I am thinking about another problem: when will MicroStrategy sell BTC?

Although Michel Saylor once said that MicroStrategy will never sell BTC, meaning that MicroStrategy will be a permanent BTC holder[4], I think things are not that simple.

MicroStrategy is a publicly traded company, it has shareholders, and it operates to make a profit. MicroStrategy started BTC strategy to profit from BTC, not to hold and show diamond hands. Investors in MicroStrategy are Capital International Investors, Vanguard, Blackrock, Morgan Stanley[5], they all want to profit from the price increase of MSTR and dividends from MicroStrategy. Since the start of the BTC strategy in July 2020[6], the MSTR price has increased by nearly 500% and brought great profits to investors, however, missing out on the opportunity to take BTC profits in 2021 is not the best investment decision.

I think it's possible that Saylor truly believes in the future of BTC and MicroStrategy has no plans to sell BTC in the future, but investors could put pressure on them if BTC hits $160K USD in 2025 and there are signs of a reversal from increase to decrease. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if MicroStrategy would sell BTC in 2025, which is expected to be the next peak of a 4-year cycle.

If MicroStrategy will sell BTC in 2025, I think the crypto market will have a lot of interesting fluctuations.
  • Positive impact: MicroStrategy needs to announce the amount of BTC it buys or sells each month. Thanks to that, we can know MicroStrategy's perspective on BTC and the crypto market. When MicroStrategy will sell BTC, I will also sell my BTC.
  • Negative impact: the event of MicroStrategy selling BTC could create extreme fear in the market and trigger an extremely sharp decline on the BTC price chart. Investors will have no reason to continue holding BTC if diamond hands MicroStrategy has also let go of BTC. BTC price will likely fall below 60K USD by 2026.
The cyclical nature of BTC price fluctuations existed before MicroStrategy entered this market, Saylor and MicroStrategy are smart enough to recognize that. If in this cycle they continue to hold BTC through the crypto winter 2026-2027, I will be very surprised!

I would like to know your opinion on this issue:
  • What are your thoughts on the possibility of Michael Saylor and MicroStrategy selling Bitcoin during the current bull cycle's distribution phase?
  • If such a sale were to occur, how do you anticipate it affecting the price of Bitcoin and the broader cryptocurrency market?
  • Do you consider the actions of individual entities, such as MicroStrategy, when making investment decisions?

References:
[1] MicroStrategy acquired 850 bitcoin for $37.2 million in January
[2] Michael Saylor’s MicroStrategy Bitcoin Bet Tops $4B in Profit
[3] MicroStrategy’s Losses on Its Bitcoin Bet Near $1 Billion
[4] Michael Saylor Suggests MicroStrategy Will Never Sell Its Bitcoin
[5] MicroStrategy Incorporated (MSTR): Holders
[6] MicroStrategy becomes first listed company to buy bitcoin as part of its capital allocation strategy

Note:
  • My opinion was posted first in that topic, on Bitcointalk
  • I leave the source link to avoid plagiarism accusation.
  • I excluded/ included minor things from an original thread if necessary.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 02:11:29 AM by KryptoBull »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

When will Michael Saylor and MicroStrategy sell BTC?
« on: February 20, 2024, 02:07:14 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Online Tribalchief

• Activity: 455
  • Bitcoin or Nothing
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 01:47:09 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Karma Good Poll Voter Signature
Re: When will Michael Saylor and MicroStrategy sell BTC?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 03:47:04 AM »
Holding forever? That's complete joke. These are people we don't even know, so we can't assume they have clear intentions for Bitcoin. You mentioned some of Microstrategy's investors, and we know what they represent in our community. What makes us think Saylor won't one day sell those Bitcoins? Are they meant to be held forever? We can't trust those who hold a large portion of this coin, so it's best to take precautions and stay as up-to-date as possible.

We've seen how prices drop when there's news. It's often the work of Bitcoin whales. They're always on 24-hour standby to sell at any time, so as not to incur losses.

• What are your thoughts on the possibility of Michael Saylor and MicroStrategy selling Bitcoin during the current bull cycle's distribution phase?
  • If such a sale were to occur, how do you anticipate it affecting the price of Bitcoin and the broader cryptocurrency market?
  • Do you consider the actions of individual entities, such as MicroStrategy, when making investment decisions?
Answer 1: Not sure if MicroStrategy will be having any sales soon, but we still need to stay at alert because we can't read their minds.

Answer 2: Truth be told, it's going to be very ugly. The reason is that other whales, who hold a significant amount, would not want to incur losses. This could lead to many people selling and later buying at a lower rate.

Answer 3: Of course, since every news from their direction might have positive or negative impact.
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████

███████████████▀▀███
██
█████████▀▀░░░░███
███████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐███
███▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░████
█▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐████
█████░█▀░░░░░░░█████
█████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐█████
██████░▄███▄░░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
THE.BEST.CRYPTO.MARKETING.AGENCY
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██
▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄███
████████████▄░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████

Offline hugeblack

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1657
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: Today at 01:07:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 08:53:54 AM »
The emergence of the BTC Spot ETF does not mean that companies like MicroStrategy will be forced to sell, but that they will lose their status as a bitcoin proxy, as there will be different and cheaper ways to invest in bitcoin.

we no longer hear sarcasm about their BTC tactics like in mid-2022, when MicroStrategy suffered losses of up to 1B USD[3].
If we remove Bitcoin, MicroStrategy MSTR is a worthless company or in fact they have no investment other than Bitcoin.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 10:19:02 AM »
What are your thoughts on the possibility of Michael Saylor and MicroStrategy selling Bitcoin during the current bull cycle's distribution phase?
That would be fun to be honest as we all know that they have huge amount of Bitcoin on their hands enough to manipulate the market so this should be an eye opener for those who has plans to trade.

If such a sale were to occur, how do you anticipate it affecting the price of Bitcoin and the broader cryptocurrency market?
We cannot really predict but by observing the flow in the market I think we can find a clue if something has to happen and we should be watchful and find the best timing to jump-in or exit when they are dumping their BTC's.

Do you consider the actions of individual entities, such as MicroStrategy, when making investment decisions?
Yes, as we all know they possess tremendous amount of Bitcoins so they can control/manipulate the market and that is where our trades will be filled depending on what they are doing either dumping or accumulating. If they wanted to play the market I think we should learn to go with the flow so we don't end up missing opportunities it might bring.

Offline tranthidung

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1478
  • Last Active: April 20, 2024, 06:21:21 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Good Quick Poster Karma
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 04:50:25 PM »
The emergence of the BTC Spot ETF does not mean that companies like MicroStrategy will be forced to sell, but that they will lose their status as a bitcoin proxy, as there will be different and cheaper ways to invest in bitcoin.
They will sell but because they invest with solid plan, they will probably exit with solid plan too. They will not sell their bitcoins because of Bitcoin Spot ETFs but they will sell their coins when they need money or need to rebalance their capital after a while.

When they sell their coins, they will not mind whether Bitcoin Spot ETFs will be buyers or retail investors.

If we remove Bitcoin, MicroStrategy MSTR is a worthless company or in fact they have no investment other than Bitcoin.
I don't think so. They have their successful company with products and income, profit. They became more famous with their investment in Bitcoin since 2020 and their stock got benefit too. However I really disagree to say they will become a worthless company if they stop investing in Bitcoin.

Offline bayu7adi

• Activity: 1092
  • Last Active: Today at 10:34:19 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 04:52:41 PM »
1 - Who knows, that could happen, or maybe they're still holding because it's their only investment. But we all understand that MS still needs money, so there might come a time when they sell at an unpredictable moment.

2 - Hopefully, I'll get that news first so I can sell at a better price. Even though it's tough, maybe the only way is to DCA again by buying gradually at lower prices.

3 - Nope. Right now, I'm using the DCA method, where my buying price will average out better. Even if MS makes a big purchase, I'm still sticking to accumulating it according to schedule.

Offline Crypto Library

• Activity: 948
  • Living life with Hemophilia-A
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:13:11 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Search Karma Bad
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 06:50:24 PM »
It's seems I saw that news just now that , A reporter asks Michael Saylor when he plans to sell Bitcoin.
Michael Saylor: I'll be buying forever.
Although I do not fully believe in the words of these big whales, I do not see anything impossible here because Bitcoin is digital gold, and whoever has more of this digital gold will be stronger. As currently we can see that the more gold the country or the person has, the stronger it is economically. Not only are they economically strong, they are also militarily strong, as currently the top gold reserve holder is the United States of America. So maybe these big whales have not understood the meaning of Bitcoin, so they want to keep Bitcoin in their reserve.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 06:50:24 PM »

Online MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15805
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 02:27:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 08:36:35 PM »
MicroStrategy is a publicly traded company, it has shareholders, and it operates to make a profit. MicroStrategy started BTC strategy to profit from BTC, not to hold and show diamond hands. Investors in MicroStrategy are Capital International Investors, Vanguard, Blackrock, Morgan Stanley[5], they all want to profit from the price increase of MSTR and dividends from MicroStrategy. Since the start of the BTC strategy in July 2020[6], the MSTR price has increased by nearly 500% and brought great profits to investors, however, missing out on the opportunity to take BTC profits in 2021 is not the best investment decision.
~
I believe that missing the opportunity to take profits in 2021, the losses and pressures in 2022 have become valuable lessons for Saylor and MicroStrategy to do better in this cycle: that is, sell at the peak and buy back more BTC at the bottom. Only the right decisions will help the company strengthen investors' confidence, not recklessly collecting and holding as they did.

1. I believe Saylor and MicroStrategy will sell their BTC in 2025.
2. If this happens, we will see a repeat of the cyclicality in the market: meaning nothing too different from the past.
3. It would be better if I could sell before there is an official announcement from MicroStrategy. In the opposite case, I will also sell according to Saylor!
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline tranthidung

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 03:05:57 AM »
I believe that missing the opportunity to take profits in 2021, the losses and pressures in 2022 have become valuable lessons for Saylor and MicroStrategy to do better in this cycle: that is, sell at the peak and buy back more BTC at the bottom. Only the right decisions will help the company strengthen investors' confidence, not recklessly collecting and holding as they did.
They will have to take profit because profit is actual profit after they take it, cash it out. Profit is only an estimated number and is not real if they don't take profit.

1. I believe Saylor and MicroStrategy will sell their BTC in 2025.
2. If this happens, we will see a repeat of the cyclicality in the market: meaning nothing too different from the past.
3. It would be better if I could sell before there is an official announcement from MicroStrategy. In the opposite case, I will also sell according to Saylor!
They might take profit but possibly won't sell all bitcoins they have and wait for chances to enter again in a next bear market. If they 100% exit the market, it will cause big market shock and even MicroStrategy plan to come back, they will not use this exit style that is not favorite by institutional investors.

I also very agree with you that even Bitcoin market now have MicroStrategy, Bitcoin Spot ETFs, its cycle will be repeated and not too different than past cycles. An older traditional assets like Gold has its cycle too and Bitcoin will not be an exception.

Offline JoyMarsha

• Activity: 742
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:33:01 PM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Poll Voter 500 Posts
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 11:09:51 PM »
1. There is always an open ground for Michael Saylor and MicroStrategy to sell their bitcoin at any given time, and we don't know when will that time be "coming bull run or before 10 years''. One certain thing is that they will sell it someday. Maybe little by little as the year goes by.

2. it will have a big negative impact on the price of bitcoin, many investors lose out on their investment in a twinkle of an eye, as they would prefer to sell their bitcoin than hodling it for when the market bounces back.

3. Not at all. Because everyone is mindful of the amount they invest and what they will make in the future. No one is looking at what others have invested already because the crypto market is open to everyone and it is not a competitive market of who invested more than others.

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1714
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 05:02:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 07:43:21 AM »
Is there any verifiable data for this, or are you basing your judgment on their public statement? I find it hard to believe that they never sold anything or took profits in one way or the other back when the bull run happened. Even if that is true, it is hard to verify if they really regret it or if that is profitable for them since they can just buy cheaper. As pro-Bitcoin as they are, it is hard to believe they don't make any sustainable profit to keep them running and keep buying BTC every month or so. I don't trust their public statement either, if they truly do have investors they probably told them other data to keep their trust intact so they can keep buying BTC as usual.

Offline tranthidung

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 03:40:52 PM »
Is there any verifiable data for this, or are you basing your judgment on their public statement? I find it hard to believe that they never sold anything or took profits in one way or the other back when the bull run happened.
Only if they hide something, we all don't know but with what we know, they only purchased Bitcoin so far and did not make any sale.

Some trackers on MicroStrategy investment in Bitcoin. Temporarily they have $3.78B in estimated profit and ROI is about 60%. [1]

Offline Don Pedro Dinero

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1657
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:27:29 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Poll Voter Search
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2024, 03:48:23 PM »

Well, never say never ever but I think the probability of him selling bitcoin precisely during the bull run is close to zero, other than a small amount for tax purposes as he did once before.

If we are talking about selling a large amount, which is extremely unlikely, I believe that FUD would occur and would at least temporarily and in the short term affect the market downwards.

Not at all.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline Captain Corporate

• Activity: 1000
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:21:56 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2024, 07:32:12 PM »
Those are some quite strong wealth people and company, so its not going to be that easy for them to sell. When you are "that" rich, do you even need to sell? You could just ride or die type of thing with it and not sell it ever. The more money they make, the more they could put it into bitcoin. They are not an ETF really, they just invest into bitcoin as a software company and that's quite good, it is really a benefit for them because when the price of bitcoin goes up, their cash liquid value increases as well. This could either be used to grow as a company later on, or just keep it as it is and be rich forever.

Offline IvugeoEvolutionCoin

• Activity: 662
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 07:41:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2024, 11:45:21 PM »
Is there any verifiable data for this, or are you basing your judgment on their public statement? I find it hard to believe that they never sold anything or took profits in one way or the other back when the bull run happened. Even if that is true, it is hard to verify if they really regret it or if that is profitable for them since they can just buy cheaper. As pro-Bitcoin as they are, it is hard to believe they don't make any sustainable profit to keep them running and keep buying BTC every month or so. I don't trust their public statement either, if they truly do have investors they probably told them other data to keep their trust intact so they can keep buying BTC as usual.
Maybe they give statements like that to maintain the issue, remain humble, and hope that investors will come in and provide support for them, because, as you said, they still have several strong people, but they don't want to make this known to the public.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG