follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Exchange vs wallet tokens. Your preference  (Read 206 times)

Online MCcabe Rory

• Activity: 61
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 04:40:30 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster 50 Posts Karma
Exchange vs wallet tokens. Your preference
« on: April 23, 2024, 07:41:40 PM »
I've never been a fan of native tokens from exchanges or wallets, but the recent hype around BNB, OKB, and BGB has piqued my interest. These tokens, especially BNB and BGB, have shown remarkable growth, driven by the demand to participate in launchpools, launchpads, and other events. BNB has soared by nearly 80% in the past year, while BGB has taken the spotlight with an impressive 190% gain. OKB might not have made significant moves recently, but its potential shouldn't be underestimated.

Meanwhile, wallet tokens like Trust Wallet and C98 Wallet have been performing decently, although not as spectacularly as exchange tokens. I have a feeling that wallet tokens might start showing impressive price action as we approach the post-halving period, thanks to an expected increase in transactions. I'm especially curious about the potential of BWB token, which is set to launch soon with an airdrop.

What do you think about its prospective potential?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Exchange vs wallet tokens. Your preference
« on: April 23, 2024, 07:41:40 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1733
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 06:34:59 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
Re: Exchange vs wallet tokens. Your preference
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 04:08:59 PM »
I can see the appeal of exchange-based tokens, especially if they launch many launchpads where the buyer needs their token to participate. On the other hand, I don't see much value in wallet tokens, even if the number of transactions increases exponentially. Most of the features that I've seen are about discounts on transaction fees, and that has a low appeal on a network with a cheap transaction fee. I don't see any other use cases other than as small market cap tokens for pump & dump. Not saying a wallet token won't explode like crazy, since the market is irrational sometimes, but the chances are probably lower than exchange tokens entering the top 10. CMIIW.

Offline Mega Mind

• Plagiarism strike
  • Baby Steps
  • Activity: 38
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 08:56:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Karma Topic Starter 10 Posts
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 04:29:37 PM »
I can see the appeal of exchange-based tokens, especially if they launch many launchpads where the buyer needs their token to participate. On the other hand, I don't see much value in wallet tokens, even if the number of transactions increases exponentially. Most of the features that I've seen are about discounts on transaction fees, and that has a low appeal on a network with a cheap transaction fee. I don't see any other use cases other than as small market cap tokens for pump & dump. Not saying a wallet token won't explode like crazy, since the market is irrational sometimes, but the chances are probably lower than exchange tokens entering the top 10. CMIIW.

Of course you're right when you highlighted the fact that what gives these exchange tokens value is the use-case it has and what they use them for, but let's not forget that everything in the blockchain world still needs some time and faith. BTC started like there was nothing in it, same is the wallet tokens, even though they might have not seen wide adoption yet, the BWB for example is still cheap and there has been some airdrop in it and it is also linked to and exchange. If we focus on the present time, we might miss out on the opportunities that lie in them and who knows, what if there are things created in the future that will require that we use wallet tokens?

Offline Gurujebs

• Activity: 1111
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 09:10:16 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2024, 06:36:36 PM »
What do you think about its prospective potential?

Exchange tokens will always win because when it comes to utility, the exchanges has many ways of utilizing their tokens and make it more demanding than the wallet utility. Look at the exchange tokens from Binance, Okex, Kucoin and many more reputable exchanges that has token have a working token than most of this wallet tokens. Even Trust wallet token TWT is where it is right now because it's supported by Binance and many venture capitals that has a lot of money invested in the project.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline bayu7adi

• Activity: 1114
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 10:55:59 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 08:20:06 PM »
Coins from exchange companies and wallets do have their own advantages, but looking at the current condition of the cryptocurrency market where we can store money in exchanges and wallets, but cannot trade as usual in wallets... this means that the exchange function itself already includes wallet function (but with its own centralized mechanism)... Binance has something more here and also I feel that storing there is at least safer than storing in a custodial wallet.. although it can be said that it is not 100% safe...

So my choice is a token or coin from an exchange with more long-term potential. Of course, for exchanges that have large users and trading volumes.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG