follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Will Cryptocurrencies be accepted in a Civil War Scenario?  (Read 195 times)

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1613
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 10:13:51 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
Will Cryptocurrencies be accepted in a Civil War Scenario?
« on: April 28, 2024, 10:21:21 PM »

i just watched the Civil War 2024 movie, quite scary if it happens where you are in the middle of the wars of groups you don't wanna join.
there's a scene in the movie where they tried buying gas which when they said they have Canadian Dollar and the group of individuals who ruled that place accepted the money.  it looks like Canadian Dollar is  still sought after. i hoping to see crypto wasn't introduced there but none.

if we are in this kind of situation where the electricity is still on like its normal situation still and internet is accessible, wouldn't it make sense for the warlords to accept BTC and other crypto?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Will Cryptocurrencies be accepted in a Civil War Scenario?
« on: April 28, 2024, 10:21:21 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1432
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 12:41:03 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
Re: Will Cryptocurrencies be accepted in a Civil War Scenario?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 10:30:24 PM »

i just watched the Civil War 2024 movie, quite scary if it happens where you are in the middle of the wars of groups you don't wanna join.
there's a scene in the movie where they tried buying gas which when they said they have Canadian Dollar and the group of individuals who ruled that place accepted the money.  it looks like Canadian Dollar is  still sought after. i hoping to see crypto wasn't introduced there but none.

if we are in this kind of situation where the electricity is still on like its normal situation still and internet is accessible, wouldn't it make sense for the warlords to accept BTC and other crypto?
I think that would be safer way to store the money through Bitcoin in that kind of situation compared to having fiat currency or physical money or precious metals that can be looted or robbed. Though phones and devices can be looted but as long as you have the private keys of your wallet it is still safe.

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4166
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 02:37:12 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 06:46:30 AM »
...if we are in this kind of situation where the electricity is still on like its normal situation still and internet is accessible, wouldn't it make sense for the warlords to accept BTC and other crypto?

I am going to see where I can watch this supposedly good movie According to Wikipedia: "Civil War is a 2024 dystopian war film written and directed by Alex Garland. It follows a team of journalists traveling across the United States during a civil war fought between an authoritarian federal government and several regional factions." Now, to answer your question, I think the producers and writers of the said movie have never thought of cryptocurrency and that is why they opted for Canadian Dollar. We have to remember that in case there can be a nationwide civil war, the government will not be functional well and central banking can be collapsing so fiat money can be worthless. In case, there can still be electricity (solar option can surely be available unless there is already a nuclear war) and the internet, then money can be Bitcoin and the rest of the crypto gang and there can be some that will introduce war memecoins. Of course, all of these things are just speculative ideas as nobody can be sure of what can happen in case we can experience a big civil war disruption. Let's hope we can never have the bitter taste of a civil war in our lifetime.

Online Sim_card

• Activity: 806
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 05:02:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 06:19:45 PM »
Accepting bitcoin and other form of cryptocurrency will be better during such period, because no one will be able to rob you of your funds, and you can have millions but no one will know that it is withing your reach. In civil war banks can disappoint us but as long as there is internet and phones, crypto cannot disappoint.

Offline Gurujebs

• Activity: 1111
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 09:10:16 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 08:20:37 PM »

I think in a war situation, it's normal for Bitcoin price to appreciate because during such time difficulties, a lot of people will want to abandoned US dollar for settlement  of trade, nobody will be interested in buying yuen and euro, a lot of people will be seeing their shares and stock and will used it to buy food and health care items.

For people who still want to have their value save from any circumstances, Bitcoin is going to be the only option for investment but there will be a lot of things as well, people might start attacking each other when Bitcoin becomes the next big thing, this scenario just make me to remember a movie call TIME, if you have watch it you will understand me better.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1613
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 10:13:51 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 10:01:34 PM »
i've seen TIME, not a very possible move to happen. they could just snatch time from someone's arm which the currency has no security.

...if we are in this kind of situation where the electricity is still on like its normal situation still and internet is accessible, wouldn't it make sense for the warlords to accept BTC and other crypto?

I am going to see where I can watch this supposedly good movie According to Wikipedia: "Civil War is a 2024 dystopian war film written and directed by Alex Garland. It follows a team of journalists traveling across the United States during a civil war fought between an authoritarian federal government and several regional factions." Now, to answer your question, I think the producers and writers of the said movie have never thought of cryptocurrency and that is why they opted for Canadian Dollar. We have to remember that in case there can be a nationwide civil war, the government will not be functional well and central banking can be collapsing so fiat money can be worthless. In case, there can still be electricity (solar option can surely be available unless there is already a nuclear war) and the internet, then money can be Bitcoin and the rest of the crypto gang and there can be some that will introduce war memecoins. Of course, all of these things are just speculative ideas as nobody can be sure of what can happen in case we can experience a big civil war disruption. Let's hope we can never have the bitter taste of a civil war in our lifetime.

what i can think of is that the civil war in the movie is just in the US to which Canada is not affected and their government is still working.  the producers/writers could have picked Mexican Peso assuming the government in the country is more stable but of course they'd pick Canada.

maybe if Canadian government is also a mess and the Mexican government is also getting crazy like they are part of the civil war in the Amerikan continent, i guess this is where we can see crypto will be the option.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1945
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 03:01:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:22:09 AM »

I live in Ukraine, and I know firsthand what war is like. I also have many friends and acquaintances who lived or had to live in the occupied territory or the territory destroyed by terrorist troops of a neighboring country. So I will tell you how it is in reality:
- Few people are interested in risky, illiquid assets. Everyone is interested in dollars, euros, gold, etc. assets that can be used to buy or exchange food, medicine, etc. goods
- The occupation authorities are always totally restricting and controlling all data channels - in occupied DNR, LNR, Crimea - all communication is totally controlled (from wiretapping to blocking data transmission), protocols are blocked (all messengers that are difficult to control are banned). For violation or attempts to bypass - very severe punishment, up to death.
- In destroyed villages and towns, there is no communication at all, and often no electricity.
- Banking systems, card accounts and transactions do not work. You simply will not be able to convert cryptocurrency into physical/fiat assets.

Therefore, in such situations - assets that are difficult to use and do not have high guaranteed liquidity and stable price are unlikely to become a substitute for stable currencies and gold.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:22:09 AM »

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG