follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Is your social media account yours?  (Read 6442 times)

Offline sologub

• Activity: 150
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: November 11, 2023, 11:02:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Is your social media account yours?
« on: January 11, 2021, 08:58:25 PM »

I am very interested in the issue of owning an account on a social network. Should the account belong to the person who registered it or is it the property of the company that owns the platform? Let's think it over.

Some people, for example, invest in design, promotion and content creation for their account. If we assume that the account does not belong to a person, then it turns out that his investments are very doubtful. If we assume that a person's account is his property, then we need a mechanism to hold them accountable for displaying prohibited content.

Let's try to compare a social media account and a house (an ordinary house, or an apartment that you own). If you posted on your house a call to violence in letters that are visible from many meters away, the police would come (after the complaint) to you. Home is yours, no one questions it. But you will be asked to withdraw the call. In this case, you are sure that your house will not be demolished, even if you refuse to withdraw the call. Other sanctions will follow, but your house will remain standing even if you go to jail for a ride to resist the police.

What do you think of it?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« on: January 11, 2021, 08:58:25 PM »

For Monthly biddings Check Here

Offline TROXIE

• Activity: 51
  • Last Active: April 30, 2021, 04:21:45 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
Re: Is your social media account yours?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 07:47:21 AM »
I initially felt, how would you borrow someone social media account to make campaign and you will have constant access to the account such that you will fulfil your assignments here accordingly.but I remember some people use to hack account to get it done.

Offline Gormicsta

• Activity: 224
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: March 20, 2024, 12:54:03 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Quick Poster too active, 25 Posts in one day 100 Posts
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 03:06:04 AM »
Yes it's mine full time.

Online DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1765
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 09:00:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 07:55:01 AM »

I am very interested in the issue of owning an account on a social network. Should the account belong to the person who registered it or is it the property of the company that owns the platform? Let's think it over.

Some people, for example, invest in design, promotion and content creation for their account. If we assume that the account does not belong to a person, then it turns out that his investments are very doubtful. If we assume that a person's account is his property, then we need a mechanism to hold them accountable for displaying prohibited content.

Let's try to compare a social media account and a house (an ordinary house, or an apartment that you own). If you posted on your house a call to violence in letters that are visible from many meters away, the police would come (after the complaint) to you. Home is yours, no one questions it. But you will be asked to withdraw the call. In this case, you are sure that your house will not be demolished, even if you refuse to withdraw the call. Other sanctions will follow, but your house will remain standing even if you go to jail for a ride to resist the police.

What do you think of it?

Just read the Offer/Contract/EULA and you will realize - NO, you do not own your account. When you register online you often check the box "I agree to the terms of use". But a fraction of a percent, follow the link to that document and read it. And believe me, there's a lot of "interesting" stuff in there. If you read it, then with a high probability you will learn - that everything that is on the site (your posts, your data, your photos and videos, ...) belong to.... not to you, but to the company that owns this social network/platform.  Even if it is not written in big letters in the first paragraph "User Rights", it will be written in the document implicitly or implicitly.

Offline retreat

• Activity: 421
  • Last Active: Today at 04:10:16 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Poll Voter Mobile User Search
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 12:11:53 PM »
But having social media and having an apartment/house are two different things. When you own a house/apartment then you have a contract before you occupy it. The contract explains that you are the permanent/contractual owner of the house/apartment and you have full rights to the place.
Meanwhile, when you have a social media account, even though the account represents you, the account is not actually yours, because there is an agreement at the beginning which states that the platform has the full right to limit or close the account if there are things that are not in line with their regulations. So even though we have the right to post or various other activities using our account, the platform has full rights to that account.

Offline Bodhi2021

• Activity: 47
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: March 15, 2024, 09:07:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Signature Karma Linux User
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 12:22:36 PM »
Yes, is my if it is been registered by me! But I know one day it won’t be my again or even be bound from using it after a several years of not being login on it, which can either be of my death, or notice to have been hacked by hackers, will wish to dump it for another one to avoid being Manipulated. This my own view in the said topic.
Always be yourself.

Online DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 11:59:25 PM »
But having social media and having an apartment/house are two different things. When you own a house/apartment then you have a contract before you occupy it. The contract explains that you are the permanent/contractual owner of the house/apartment and you have full rights to the place.
Meanwhile, when you have a social media account, even though the account represents you, the account is not actually yours, because there is an agreement at the beginning which states that the platform has the full right to limit or close the account if there are things that are not in line with their regulations. So even though we have the right to post or various other activities using our account, the platform has full rights to that account.

This is exactly what I was talking about a little earlier! All users of social networks, having created an account there are not OWNERS, we are all RENTERS of some services ! And the biggest problem is that:
1. 99,99 did not read the license agreement
2. All rights to the content that you create belong, according to the same license agreement, to the owner of this social network !

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 11:59:25 PM »

Offline goaldot

• Activity: 60
  • Last Active: March 15, 2024, 11:18:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    50 Posts Topic Starter 10 Posts
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 05:49:34 AM »
Yes, it is mine. I opened it and have been operating it. So far so good. Any post or comment from this account is from me. If incidentally it is hacked, the needful should be report to admins and also announce to the public so as to prevent hackers from scamming other people with it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 02:18:17 PM by goaldot »

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 862
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 08:53:07 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2024, 11:05:16 PM »
OP, I think I read you correctly and I perfectly understand your point. What I want you to know is that the social medias are centralized platforms which operates on different rules, terms and policies. Those customer (individuals) who create accounts on those social media are only there to there to be regulated by the terms and policy of that company, if you don't agree with those terms, then don't create account. If you create account and violate any of their terms, you may put your account at risk. Centralized platforms usually have authorities that are in charge, so I don't see any confusion here mahn.

The account you have on social media is yours and can be yours for lifetime as long as you don't violate any other the platform's rules. I have been using my Facebook account for more than 8 years now and it's just there.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1213
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: March 26, 2024, 07:32:54 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 12:56:13 PM »

This is exactly what I was talking about a little earlier! All users of social networks, having created an account there are not OWNERS, we are all RENTERS of some services ! And the biggest problem is that:
2. All rights to the content that you create belong, according to the same license agreement, to the owner of this social network !
I agree and this is the reason why instead of creating a normal and legit account I prefer mine as dummy ones on social media. 😅  And I don't get it when OP compare or make house as an example in relation to the socmed accounts we own as we all know they are totally different.

Online DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2024, 05:26:01 PM »

I agree and this is the reason why instead of creating a normal and legit account I prefer mine as dummy ones on social media. 😅  And I don't get it when OP compare or make house as an example in relation to the socmed accounts we own as we all know they are totally different.

I agree that social networks should not give away their real data, considering how and for what purpose they started researching them. In the initial stages, yes, it was a delight, the opportunity to find your neighbors from childhood, classmates at school, classmates at the institute, former employees and in general people with whom you have long lost touch but would like to find. That's how it was at the start.  But then social networks began to use the accumulated data.  And they began to use them not only for basic advertising, according to my interests, but also my correspondence, personal data, etc., went into "work". And I didn't like it. That's why I still have 1 real account in one social network, and it remained only for searching people. I do not use this network constantly or even often, so, occasionally, when there is a need to find someone from the people.... This is the end of my relationship with social networks through my real data.
Forums and other resources are tied to absolutely virtual data....

Offline EluguHcman

• Activity: 235
  • Last Active: March 26, 2024, 11:52:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Poll Voter Karma Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2024, 04:29:48 AM »
What do you think of it?
Your illustration is buyable and considerate. If a tenant in a landlords house does something atrocious and could not be found, the landlord who wasn't part of the action would be questionable.

About owning an online account in a site, I keep saying this on repeated note even across the radio stations and other means that speculates public infos that they should verily verified individuals which tends to influence the audience in any form either by adverts, entertainment or otherwise because most audience falls victims in different ways due to the fact that they believe such communication sites or stations are reputable and trustworthy and so, whatever that comes out or through them are legit and trusted. But these sites are either not after the welfares of the audiences neither are they firm to reputable clients to their sites. All they just wanted over and over is making the incomes and yet, obviously running an untransperency operational system between them, the clients and the audiences. All just so selfish.

Offline philipma1957

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1559
  • Last Active: Today at 07:27:02 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    25 Polls 10 Polls Karma Bad
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2024, 04:25:25 AM »
If you post on almost any blog or social media you are pretty much giving the content away.

Which is why have a signature is a decent idea as the coins you get pay something to your ideas and content.

"Speaking of content I just watched Astrid on amazon if was 9 episodes in French dubbed with subtitles.

I liked it and recommend watching on amazon prime for free."  The quotes are my opinion and review which I do not own anymore I gave it away. But not for free as I have a signature.

...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Gormicsta

• Activity: 224
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: March 20, 2024, 12:54:03 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Quick Poster too active, 25 Posts in one day 100 Posts
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2024, 09:12:36 AM »
Of course it's mine full time.

Offline Mimi

• Activity: 49
  • Always be positive
  • Last Active: February 24, 2024, 08:48:02 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Karma Signature Avatar
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 06:38:06 PM »
Of course it's mine full time.

Hmm, not actually I may own it now but with time it won't be my again, that is in the case of my death, that is because am the only one that have access to it unless may be I disclose it to my kids or love ones when I was alive then they can be able to access it and gain or learn from it also to be able to have full control of everything pertaining to it when am not more. So it's sometimes good to share some of your secrets with your child expecially if he or she is next of your kin. But also be extra ordinary careful because now are days some children are so awesome that they will do something that even you the parents will never expect such from them. So my social media is my now but with time it won't be my again.
Mimi❤️

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG