follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: What is cryptocurrency???  (Read 746 times)

Offline Mimi

• Activity: 49
  • Always be positive
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: February 24, 2024, 08:48:02 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Signature Avatar
What is cryptocurrency???
« on: January 27, 2024, 02:49:03 PM »
I have a grasp of what cryptocurrency is but I would like to know more about it as I am developing more interest in it and would like to start investing, so advisably which crypto should I go for and which App should I use.??
Mimi❤️

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

What is cryptocurrency???
« on: January 27, 2024, 02:49:03 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline JoyMarsha

• Activity: 759
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 11:45:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter 500 Posts
Re: What is cryptocurrency???
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 09:29:58 PM »
People are really looking into crypto because it brings about the digital money of investment. You as an investor, invest in crypto, for a short or long while you make profits.

Cryptocurrency is a risky investment, the investment made in it, is at one's risk, not of someone else. That's why you ought to be mindful of that kind of investment to make in crypto.

To be at a safe side of crypto investment, invest in bitcoin and be sure of future profits.

Offline DannyD234

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 31
  • Last Active: April 23, 2024, 04:39:42 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Karma Avatar Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 02:10:42 AM »
 There are so many aspect when you want to invest in cryptocurrency you can either buy crypto and wait for an increase in price or you can go into forex trading if have enough knowledge and experience when I mean trading in demo account and learning the basics my advice for a newbie who want to invest in cryptocurrency don't invest in shitcoin

Offline Hatchy

• Activity: 400
  • The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
  • Last Active: Today at 07:04:04 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Karma Bad Karma Good Poll Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 03:01:51 AM »
There are so many aspect when you want to invest in cryptocurrency you can either buy crypto and wait for an increase in price or you can go into forex trading if have enough knowledge and experience when I mean trading in demo account and learning the basics my advice for a newbie who want to invest in cryptocurrency don't invest in shitcoin
I don't think that should be the first advice to be given to a newbie who knows nothing about cryptocurrency as he may end up losing his investment to trading. Trading should be done at a level where you have full understanding and experience of how it works, the market and many aspects of crypto.
As for op, the first thing you need to ask your self now is are you going for a long term holder or a short term trader. And if yes then you should also be aware that there are lots of cryptocurrency in the market and investing on good reputable one would be the best idea if you don't want to end up with a bag of worthless coins or tokens at the end of the day. I will always advice people to carry it research to ensure they understand all they need to know about a particular coin before investing. Bitcoin is still the king and has always been if you know you can invest in Bitcoin then you should get a good wallet like electrum and accumulate using the DCA method.

If you choose to go for other cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin like etherum, then you should get also a good wallet like unstoppable but make sure to keep your keys safe and away from thefts of loss.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 01:32:46 AM by Hatchy »

Online DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1068
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 10:18:58 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2024, 06:46:51 AM »
As you already have a good understanding of cryptocurrency, it is recommended to start investing in only one crypto or primarily invest in Bitcoin. Investing in Bitcoin while you gather more knowledge not only about investing but also other important information about cryptocurrency will be helpful. By accumulating or holding Bitcoin as much as possible, you will gain valuable knowledge. Once you have acquired sufficient information about the market and cryptocurrencies, you can start investing in any other cryptocurrency that interests you.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Ambatman

• Activity: 258
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 06:23:39 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Quick Poster Poll Voter Avatar
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2024, 07:18:45 AM »
I don't know,  I feel this is an information that can be easily gotten from the net.
If you truly interested like you claim,  then you should start doing research yourself and maybe ask questions on topics that feels vague or too complicated.

In investing,  it all depends on your goal if you want a relatively safe coin to invest then I would say all the top ten coins with some level of volatility

But if you looking for high rewarding coin which is usually tied with high risk
Then I would say you should pick low caps coin or IDOs.

But since you inexperienced I would say buy a coin with good utility,  community and Team and hold.  Sell when you comfortable with the profit.

Offline MVL~$

• Activity: 332
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 03:49:58 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Karma Good Search
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2024, 10:43:56 AM »
Since you already have a basic idea about crypto currency, I won't say much. The next thing you asked for an opinion on is investment. You can invest in bitcoins as an initial investment if you want. Bitcoin investment is mostly for those who can hold and be patient with Bitcoin at the end of the day it leads to profit. So you can start your cryptocurrency journey by investing in Bitcoin. Then you will be so motivated when you benefit from it. Then I would say try to know a little better about these things. If you don't know, you might have a wrong idea about it. In that case you will feel bad about it. So I would say first gain knowledge about this topic.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2024, 10:43:56 AM »

Offline Mimi

• Activity: 49
  • Always be positive
  • Last Active: February 24, 2024, 08:48:02 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Karma Signature Avatar
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2024, 07:52:17 AM »
Thank you everyone for your input I had knowledge but didn’t have experience and this forum is a place filled with people with crypto experience that is why I asked the question here and truly you did not disappoint and I have learned more about it ,I have been studying the cryptocurrency for a while now and I understand that the prices fluctuate and I know it’s risky but I think the trick is to invest an amount you will be comfortable losing not going in with a lot of amount and invest in short term and not quickly selling your tokens immediately it falls but while it’s still at its peak.
Mimi❤️

Offline jeraldskie11

• Activity: 701
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 07:14:13 PM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2024, 09:00:03 AM »
I have a grasp of what cryptocurrency is but I would like to know more about it as I am developing more interest in it and would like to start investing, so advisably which crypto should I go for and which App should I use.??
If you don't know anything about cryptocurrency, I highly recommend investing in Bitcoin and using the Binance app.

Why Bitcoin?
It's because this is the safest and the lowest risk among the other cryptocurrencies, you can be sure that if you keep your key in a safe place no one can get it from you. And in terms of its value, even the price fluctuates you can assure that it will not go down to zero especially this days where the halving is nearly coming.

Why Binance?
It's because it is the rank 1 centralized exchange, and I can prove it to myself that your funds are safe here just don't violate their rules.

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 857
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 08:40:00 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2024, 08:28:13 PM »
Since the google is most friendly on everyone, we can easily get some information about what cryptocurrency is right before asking, this is what I expect seing from you to first take action on, make findings on your own and read article that talked about what cryptocurrency is, this is all about digital currencies, we can choose to and hold them, make payments with them and also use them as our investment digital asset or currency.

Online BitMaxz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1520
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 10:21:31 AM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter Karma Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2024, 09:01:36 PM »
Thank you everyone for your input I had knowledge but didn’t have experience and this forum is a place filled with people with crypto experience that is why I asked the question here and truly you did not disappoint and I have learned more about it ,I have been studying the cryptocurrency for a while now and I understand that the prices fluctuate and I know it’s risky but I think the trick is to invest an amount you will be comfortable losing not going in with a lot of amount and invest in short term and not quickly selling your tokens immediately it falls but while it’s still at its peak.

There are lots of sources where to learn about Crypto without enough knowledge it's too risky to invest in crypto.
Crypto is too volatile and some of them just created for churn and burn if you want to invest in crypto you need to stick to the top 50 crypto on Coinmarketcap and Coingecko and also make sure to buy crypto only in well-known exchanges don't deal with anyone who PM you here or in telegram most of them are scam and before you invest make sure to search deep about that crypto.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline Z-tight

• Activity: 1000
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 08:04:36 AM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2024, 12:54:21 AM »
You are asking what is cryptocurrency, and at the same time you are looking for one to invest your money in, i feel you should first understand what crypto is. A basic definition will be that they are digital currencies that are different from fiat currencies, digital currencies should be decentralized and run on an immutable and transparent blockchain, but there are so many centralized crypto in the industry that work just like traditional currencies.

If you learn about crypto and you are ready to buy some, i recommend you buy BTC and store it in your self custodial wallet, i.e. Electrum or BlueWallet.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline Gladitorcomeback

• Activity: 1094
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 03:48:36 AM
    • View Profile

Search 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2024, 12:06:19 PM »
It's a digital currency that people buy and sell, meaning that there's no such thing except coins. Like we buy something in the market i.e. in the market or in the shop it has the same type but only this digital currency speaks it and you can get a lot of profit from it and sometimes suffer loss too. But the loss occurs in the case that if you take some coins and are hasty in selling it, that is, if its price is going down, then you sell it wearing what you have. You have to bear the loss.

If you any one hold these coins and didn't panic then in future they will sell these coins in profit. So let's discuss in short that its the type of normal currency but you can say digital currency. All the currencies are moving according to BTC.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline ZAINmalik75

• Activity: 858
  • Tengri Privacy tools
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 09:28:36 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter Karma Bad Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2024, 06:58:42 AM »
This is not that easy, we don't know how much funds you have in your pocket ready to be thrown into crypto assets, and we also don't know what are your plans, like either you want to hold your investment for longer periods of time like for 5 to 10 years or you want to make profit in one day. There are different types of trading, there is swing, day, short-term, mid-term, etc. What do you want to try?

There are many apps, that suit best according to your geographical location of yours and we also don't know that. We don't know what's on your mind. In total, we can't help you with this, but I can tell you that cryptocurrencies are digital assets, tokens, and coins, that have value some have intrinsic while some have no intrinsic value. That depends on the nature of the token. If you want to make profit from trading, then it is better that you start doing your own research, and make some analysis, if you don't know how to do that then learn first.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Faisal2202

• Activity: 808
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 05:14:28 AM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Search Poll Voter
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2024, 12:38:20 AM »
Welcome to the crypto world, I am happy that you have found your way in and also trying to develop some interest in it. Talking about what is a cryptocurrency, it's like a digital asset, coin, or token that runs or functions on blockchain technology. Now you will ask what is blockchain technology, it's a chain of blocks that are attached to one another in sequence increasing the security of the data stored on these blocks.

In short, cryptocurrency is like digital money but it is more volatile that's why investors and traders prefer to use it to make some profit, but don't get confused that you only get profit out of it, you can also make a loss too. Therefore proper research is needed otherwise you can lose everything.

I can't give you any financial advice but if you have some funds and want to invest for the long term then ETH and BTC are the best choices right now, but still, I will say DYOR and follow your guts because following others makes you dependent on them. So try to learn more and groom more. Best of Luck!
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██