follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Bitcoin post-halving price consolidation could last 2 months  (Read 925 times)

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4235
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 03:49:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster 50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary

With the "bearish" mood of the Bitcoin market right now just around two weeks after the halving, many are really wondering where is the direction the King of Cryptos can be taking us and whether we can soon see the impact and benefits of the halving come to the market so we can experience a new bull run either this year or 2025. Now, we know that halving will not immediately make Bitcoin a very attractive asset again...and surely this can be taking some months.

According to Bitfinex market report: "Bitcoin could experience up to two months of price consolidation following the halving.
Bitcoin could continue to be the price action benchmark for the crypto market in May and the leading indicator for the entire cryptocurrency market cap. In addition, the macroeconomic environment is more resilient than in previous years and the likelihood of rate cuts remains low in the short term."

In case this analysis can be true, then it would be good to just continually hodl and wait as this is not a question of IF but of WHEN. This can be the best time to exercise caution and not be swayed by temporary movements of the market and look for the long-term prospect of Bitcoin.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1738
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 07:00:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
Re: Bitcoin post-halving price consolidation could last 2 months
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 03:16:21 PM »
Apart from all the could, can possible in that article there is one thing that really made me raise some eyebrow

Michaël van de Poppe, founder of trading firm MNTrading, suggests that Bitcoin’s dominance may have peaked as traders begin to shift liquidity to altcoins. Crypto trader Matthew Hyland echoed this, highlighting that Bitcoin market dominance is losing major support.

WTF is this guy smoking, Bitcoin is all over the news and there is like no talk about altcoins whatsoever, everything is about Bitcoin, Bitcoin ETF, bitcoin bonds, approval and regulations, no coin is coming even close to the spotlight and he thinks that altcoins are driving the market. One hiccup from the king and everyone is in red but lol, Bitcoin is losing dominance. Good luck keeping the market in the green with PEPE.

Offline jeraldskie11

• Activity: 764
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 07:58:04 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 06:32:44 PM »
Apart from all the could, can possible in that article there is one thing that really made me raise some eyebrow

Michaël van de Poppe, founder of trading firm MNTrading, suggests that Bitcoin’s dominance may have peaked as traders begin to shift liquidity to altcoins. Crypto trader Matthew Hyland echoed this, highlighting that Bitcoin market dominance is losing major support.

WTF is this guy smoking, Bitcoin is all over the news and there is like no talk about altcoins whatsoever, everything is about Bitcoin, Bitcoin ETF, bitcoin bonds, approval and regulations, no coin is coming even close to the spotlight and he thinks that altcoins are driving the market. One hiccup from the king and everyone is in red but lol, Bitcoin is losing dominance. Good luck keeping the market in the green with PEPE.
Maybe that guy were just buying the news to encourage investors to sell their Bitcoin holdings. But we are different now, I don't think investors really believe in them particularly those old investors, maybe new investors believe in them. For me, I believe in Bitcoin dominance because I really noticed it in the market. But there are times that Altcoins prices exploded without the influence of Bitcoin, and that is what we called the Altcoins season.

Online MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 16005
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 01:48:41 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 10:02:34 PM »

With the "bearish" mood of the Bitcoin market right now just around two weeks after the halving, many are really wondering where is the direction the King of Cryptos can be taking us and whether we can soon see the impact and benefits of the halving come to the market so we can experience a new bull run either this year or 2025. Now, we know that halving will not immediately make Bitcoin a very attractive asset again...and surely this can be taking some months.
~
In case this analysis can be true, then it would be good to just continually hodl and wait as this is not a question of IF but of WHEN. This can be the best time to exercise caution and not be swayed by temporary movements of the market and look for the long-term prospect of Bitcoin.
In previous cycles, BTC price has typically traded sideways for a few months after a halving before resuming its strong growth trend. Therefore, the current price correction and the 20% decline from the $73K peak is completely normal. We should accept this re-accumulation as it is necessary for the bullrun at the end of this year.

I cannot predict the exact time when BTC price could break out and make a new high, but I can only present a case on Elliott wave use count. In this wave count, BTC has gone through the first 3 waves of bigger impulse and is currently in wave 4 - a correction wave. BTC price could be pushed down to Fibo 0.382 ~ $49K or Fibo 0.618 ~ $38K. Timewise: wave 4 could last 100% or at least 61.8% of wave 3, so we should expect the end of wave 4 in early July or September of this year. In a worst-case, we may have to wait until December, and I do not hope this will happen as the bullrun needs to start before investors get frustrated and leave the market.

█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Online Captain Corporate

• Activity: 1041
  • Last Active: Today at 12:44:11 AM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 11:41:06 PM »
I would say accumulating was what I was attempting to do before this, and that will be what I will try to do for the future as well. I am not saying that its a bad business deal or anything like that, its obvious that people will be willing to sell during this period and I get that selling when its going down is a thing that people do, some will buy more at lower price, and some will just stay away, some will get in even at higher prices because they regret. I will just hold, that's what I do, and I will try to buy some more if I can but money is tight these days so it will not be that simple to find some money to get in.

Offline bitterguy28

• Activity: 1161
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 01:27:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 05:56:11 AM »
2 months is enough i think?

remember what we have had before the Halving happens?  we have a breaking of ATH and I think that its normal that we see this market response now.\

But the thing about investors are shifting to altcoins? i don't know if there is a room for this since the whole market is bleeding also .

Offline MRY

• Activity: 312
  • Last Active: May 15, 2024, 08:04:10 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Search Signature Avatar
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 12:58:33 PM »
2 months is enough i think?

remember what we have had before the Halving happens?  we have a breaking of ATH and I think that its normal that we see this market response now.\

But the thing about investors are shifting to altcoins? i don't know if there is a room for this since the whole market is bleeding also .
So far, seeing exchanges that are in the red due to the impact of falling bitcoin prices is very sad. It seems that bitcoin is having difficulty increasing its price again. The altcoin season may come with a bitcoin crash in the next wave when bitcoin hits bottom.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 12:58:33 PM »

Offline yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1802
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 10:11:18 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2024, 10:27:34 PM »
Personally, I expect the downward trend to take more than two months. We may need at least the end of the year to see the real impact of halving on the ground.

This is not the first time. In most previous cycles, it took a few months for us to see the effect of halving. This time the same thing, I think. Perhaps some people thought that the large rise that occurred before halving due to the effect of the ETF would change things, but this did not happen because we are now almost two weeks after halving We see the decline continuing and we do not see major movements in Bitcoin. The market needs a lot of patience.

Offline LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1659
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 08:41:48 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2024, 05:14:24 AM »
~
Why wait if you can still buy more Bitcoin how that we might experience corrections over the next 2 months. :)

I mean if you believe that Bitcoin will reach $100,000 in the upcoming bull run then there's no reason for us to accumulate even more Bitcoin, right? If we believe that a bull run will happen in the next few months, then I don't see any reason why we don't buy not just Bitcoin but other top altcoins as well. Of course, if you have spare funds then you can do this, but if you don't have then follow what OP said.

Hold and wait for your selling targets to be reached. As for me, if this analysis will happen then I'll be good as I'm still continuing to accumulate even more Bitcoins and other top altcoins as well, and I hope all of us here are doing the same as well. :)

Offline babo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1638
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 02:26:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Poll Voter Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2024, 10:19:40 AM »

The black curve “Realized Price” indicator represents the average price at which traders sold their bitcoins during a dip.

The red curve, however, represents the average cost at which traders purchased the bitcoins sold during the decline.

In bear markets, this average cost acts as resistance to the "Realized Price" (i.e. the black curve is below it and fails to rise above it), while in bull markets it acts as support (the black curve bounces above during normal corrections ).
As you can see, this time too, as in the previous ones in this bull market, the black curve has rebounded.  8)
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Lucius

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1658
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 04:26:37 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2024, 04:02:59 PM »

These guys obviously have their own vision of how the crypto-market works, and it is not excluded that they try to direct those who read in the direction of investing in altcoins by selling them the story that Bitcoin is losing its dominance. I have always called articles like this cheap PR, because in reality, when you look at it, some people just want to promote themselves and their business in such a way that they will say something that people will discuss.

Logical thinking is not the forte of such people - I always remember the famous Tom Lee, whose statements could be used to write a book called "A Hundred Wrong Speculations" ::)
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline babo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1638
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 02:26:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Poll Voter Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2024, 12:21:29 PM »

The Realized Cap represents the capital realized by holders when they sell their bitcoins at the cycle highs.

As seen in the center of the chart, during the 2021 cycle, holders sold very little at the first cyclic peak, while they sold a lot during the second peak (yellow bands: BTC sales, blue bands: ETH sales).
On the right, the small yellow and blue bands indicate that in our current cycle, there hasn't been any significant selling yet, as holders do not view the current peak as the absolute high for this cycle. This suggests that the exponential phase, during which the true highs will be reached for this cycle, is still to come.
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Online philipma1957

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1707
  • Last Active: Today at 01:55:06 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    One year Anniversary 25 Polls 10 Polls
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2024, 10:22:01 PM »

According to Bitfinex market report: "Bitcoin could experience up to two months of price consolidation following the halving.
Bitcoin could continue to be the price action benchmark for the crypto market in May and the leading indicator for the entire cryptocurrency market cap. In addition, the macroeconomic environment is more resilient than in previous years and the likelihood of rate cuts remains low in the short term."

Or we could jump up to 111k by June 1

Don't lock into short term. move to 2025 and beyond
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online JoyMarsha

• Activity: 831
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 01:24:33 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Poll Voter 500 Posts
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2024, 10:45:00 PM »
Personally, I expect the downward trend to take more than two months. We may need at least the end of the year to see the real impact of halving on the ground.

This is not the first time. In most previous cycles, it took a few months for us to see the effect of halving. This time the same thing, I think. Perhaps some people thought that the large rise that occurred before halving due to the effect of the ETF would change things, but this did not happen because we are now almost two weeks after halving We see the decline continuing and we do not see major movements in Bitcoin. The market needs a lot of patience.
Patience is what everyone in the crypto space needs since every one of us has a dream prices of bitcoin that they expect to come to fulfillment before the end of 2025.

The way many crypto investors are anxious about how they will see their bitcoin investment skyrocket in price would make you think that they are all ready to sell their bitcoin holdings at once, not knowing that many would still like to hodl their bitcoin for long until it reaches their desire price like above $100k

Online Igebotz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1946
  • The Sherrif
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: Today at 12:41:19 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Poll Voter Poll Starter Quick Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2024, 10:49:50 PM »
Or we could jump up to 111k by June 1

Don't lock into short term. move to 2025 and beyond

I've never been so convinced of $100k in the next cycle but after looking at this price chart I think $100k is minimum,.I think we're heading to $200k. I don't see anything stopping it.

░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██