follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Does pegging crypto to SDR (instead of stable coins) make any difference?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Galley

• Activity: 801
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: July 21, 2022, 12:26:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Does pegging crypto to SDR (instead of stable coins) make any difference?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2021, 06:27:32 PM »
I am into investing DeFi rather than just Bitcoin and Ethereum. DeFi space amuse me with its incredible capability of solving real-world problems. So, I regularly research and invest in DeFi projects. So today, I heard of new term known as "SDR". Created by IMF, it is basically combination of five well-established fiat currencies - the U.S. dollar, the Euro, the Chinese renminbi, the Japanese yen, and the British pound sterling. So, pegging certain crypto coins with SDR instead of stablecoins like USDT, USDC or DAI makes any different?

Let's discuss!
The information presented, in my opinion, is not enough to draw certain conclusions. If the term "SDR" means only the aggregate of the five major currencies of the world - the US dollar, the euro, the Chinese yuan, the Japanese yen and the British pound sterling, and is not exposed in some new shell, then this, in fact, does not change anything. Cryptocurrency is already equated to each of these currencies. Stablecoin is just a shell for fiat, and what is SDR is a little unclear.

I also do not really understand what these innovations are for. In fact, the cryptocurrency is focused on pegging to the US dollar, and the rest are already playing from quotes to the dollar. What else can you think of here?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Re: Does pegging crypto to SDR (instead of stable coins) make any difference?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2021, 06:27:32 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG