follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: MORE DETAILS ON Altcoin  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1035
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 03:17:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
Re: MORE DETAILS ON Altcoin
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2024, 10:43:39 PM »
In regards to what others have said, you should know that Bitcoin was the first crypto which also the leader of every other cryptocurency. So, altcoin is the name that is used to classify any other cryptocurency that was created after Bitcoin was created. You can refer any other coins as an altcoin but when you are talking about Bitcoin be specific with the name.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2024, 10:43:39 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 847
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 08:35:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2024, 10:51:34 PM »
I'm new to the system, and as far as I comprehend, the term "altcoin" is a blend of two words: "alternative, crypto currencies and token. Could you provide further insights into this concept?

i think you've said it already, altcoins means alternate coins or cryptocurrencies and the exception in these is only bitcoin, you can refer to all of them as cryptocurrencies but alternate coins exclude only bitcoin from their midst, the whole idea is just for you to get the meaning behind the use of the two words in concept and that's all, it can be called altcoins or alternate cryptocurrencies.

Offline yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1716
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 10:30:00 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2024, 03:31:30 AM »
i think you've said it already, altcoins means alternate coins or cryptocurrencies and the exception in these is only bitcoin, you can refer to all of them as cryptocurrencies but alternate coins exclude only bitcoin from their midst, the whole idea is just for you to get the meaning behind the use of the two words in concept and that's all, it can be called altcoins or alternate cryptocurrencies.
We can distinguish between three types:
Bitcoin is the main coin.

Altcoin: which consists of all independent cryptocurrencies that have a blockchain and an integrated system for financial transactions.

Tokens: which are coins, but they are not independent and do not have their own blockchain or independent system. Rather, they depend for their existence on the blockchain of major alternative coins, such as tokens operating on the Ethereum, Binance, or other networks.

Offline Crypto Library

• Activity: 948
  • Living life with Hemophilia-A
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:13:11 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Search Karma Bad
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2024, 07:34:03 AM »
I'm new to the system, and as far as I comprehend, the term "altcoin" is a blend of two words: "alternative, crypto currencies and token. Could you provide further insights into this concept?
Before telling you details about Altcoin, I wanna ask you that do you know Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency, And as an alternative to it, after the three years invented of bitcoin in 2011, it was created the first altcoin, And the coin name is  Namecoin (NMC). In the beginning, alternative coins were not so much as they are now. Currently, there are more than twenty thousand altcoin projects. And among the alternatives, there are several types such as meme-coin, stable coin, utility token, etc. For more details you can read this article- What Is an "Altcoin"?

Now if you want to invest in cryptocurrency, then I would say that instead of investing in altcoin, you should take a long-term strategy and invest in bitcoin, because investing in altcoin can be a victim of scam. Because if you see Luna crash in 2022 then FTX incident these will serve as warning message before investing in altcoin. But if you are more interested in investing in alternative coins, you can choose from top pairs such as Etherium, Solana, Lite-coin Polygon(matic).

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 07:39:28 AM by Crypto Library »

Offline OWAS

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 28
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 02:26:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Karma 10 Posts Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2024, 07:07:54 PM »
Omor am overwhelmed with the different explanation from all of our senior man here about altcoins talk, truths  be told I really learn alot from your explanation thanks to you all,  am new in this forum and I was thinking altcoins it a project on it own not knowing it has a senior brother  which is bitcoin where he benefits from it,

Offline vegasus

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 11:47:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2024, 11:22:05 PM »
Altcoin is alternative cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. So any coins or tokens other than Bitcoin are included in Altcoins. Altcoins can be meme coins, stable coins, privacy coins, exchange coins, and various other types of coins and tokens. There are many altcoins and you have to be smart to choose which altcoins can really survive and develop. Oh yes, you can visit the site https://coinmarketcap.com/ to find out which coins are ranked on that website.

Offline bayu7adi

• Activity: 1096
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 10:15:17 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2024, 10:24:48 AM »
It's not wrong, that's what altcoins are, an alternative to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the strongest cryptocurrency today because it was a pioneer and early adopter. But that doesn't make everyone like Bitcoin. So altcoins were born to complement some of Bitcoin's shortcomings. Some people like this competition between altcoins, so I consider altcoins to be the best complement to Bitcoin. Everyone certainly doesn't agree that there is a monopoly on the cryptocurrency market.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2024, 10:24:48 AM »

Offline EthereumDev_

• Activity: 954
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:12:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2024, 09:20:07 PM »
Altcoin is alternative cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. So any coins or tokens other than Bitcoin are included in Altcoins. Altcoins can be meme coins, stable coins, privacy coins, exchange coins, and various other types of coins and tokens. There are many altcoins and you have to be smart to choose which altcoins can really survive and develop. Oh yes, you can visit the site https://coinmarketcap.com/ to find out which coins are ranked on that website.
With Altcoins you can use them to grow your Bitcoin assets. At least the important coins in cryptocurrency remain in Bitcoin. Even though Altcoins currently have very high development and are widely used by people, cheaper transaction costs with high speed are a consideration. important for altcoins.

Offline Litzki1990

• Activity: 842
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 08:23:09 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    500 Posts Topic Starter Karma Good
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2024, 02:19:27 PM »
OP, a different explanation has been given to you on what altcoin is all about. In addition to that, altcoins are decentralized. Meaning that can be controlled and they follow the lead of bitcoin. If bitcoin increases or decreases in price, they all do. Less I forget, they are not good for long term investment plan but instead for short term.
OP may have thought that ALT coin is a coin but if OP thinks that then he is wrong because all other coins except bitcoin are generally considered as ALT coins. ALT coins include some coins that are more important than normal coins in terms of popularity value and other aspects. Just like ALT coins have bitcoins, ALT coins have many good coins that investors usually invest in. If the OP is interested in knowing about any coin, he should have directly mentioned the name of a specific coin. When the OP mentioned a specific coin we could discuss that coin in detail but it is not possible to discuss all ALT coins in the same post.

Online taufik123

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1628
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 11:48:49 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster Topic Starter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2024, 07:12:09 AM »
OP may have thought that ALT coin is a coin but if OP thinks that then he is wrong because all other coins except bitcoin are generally considered as ALT coins. ALT coins include some coins that are more important than normal coins in terms of popularity value and other aspects. Just like ALT coins have bitcoins, ALT coins have many good coins that investors usually invest in. If the OP is interested in knowing about any coin, he should have directly mentioned the name of a specific coin. When the OP mentioned a specific coin we could discuss that coin in detail but it is not possible to discuss all ALT coins in the same post.
You have explained it in detail about Altcoins, I think OP also understands.
But besides Altcoins there is another under Altcoin that is now being hyped, namely Memecoin, or shitcoin which does not even have any utility.

There are NFTs (Non-Fungible Token) which are digital assets that can be used as proof of ownership of items that can be purchased with cryptocurrency.
NFTs cover various fields such as artwork, video clips, music, games and so on.

Online Z-tight

• Activity: 1000
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 11:13:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2024, 09:12:19 PM »
So altcoins were born to complement some of Bitcoin's shortcomings.
I don't know if i will call altcoins that, i probably won't because i don't really believe in diversification, that is buying BTC and a lot of altcoins to see which one is going to give you profit. Even if you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket, i would recommend you buy BTC and then real estate, silver, etc; that is because these assets are not linked to BTC.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Online DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1056
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 12:30:51 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2024, 02:49:30 AM »
So altcoins were born to complement some of Bitcoin's shortcomings.
I don't know if i will call altcoins that, i probably won't because i don't really believe in diversification, that is buying BTC and a lot of altcoins to see which one is going to give you profit. Even if you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket, i would recommend you buy BTC and then real estate, silver, etc; that is because these assets are not linked to BTC.
Your suggestion contradicts itself. You have stated that you don't believe in diversification, but in the end, you recommend investing in BTC and other assets such as real estate, and so on. This strategy was also considered as diversification as you are putting your money in different assets that can give you profit in the long run.

Also, from what I understand from the above statement, I think what he means by that is that altcoins were created with the features that Bitcoin does not have. It means altcoins can give satisfaction to some users who are looking for another use that they can't find in using Bitcoin.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline labid846

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 18
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 01:45:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 4
    10 Posts First Post Linux User
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2024, 11:56:39 AM »
Altcoins are generally defined all cryptocurrencies in other than Bitcoin
  In term of used to describe all cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin BTC o .39% from the fact that they re alternative to Bitcoin and traditional Fiat money. The first altcoin launched in 2011 and by  now  there are thousabda of them

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG