follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: The UFC Discussion and Prediction Topic  (Read 4512 times)

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1615
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 23, 2024, 09:59:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Bad Quick Poster Poll Voter
Re: The UFC Discussion and Prediction Topic
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2024, 10:59:51 PM »
Lets get back to upcoming UFC event Moreno vs. Royval 2.
I think this one is going to be super exciting, it is happening in Mexico City so Brandon Moreno and Yair Rodriguez will have big support from the home crowd.
I counted nine fighters with Mexican origin in this card but there are few more with Mexican blood.

That's what the UFC tends to do when they organise events outside of the US. They'd try to pack it with as many local fighters as possible to please the crowd and to increase UFC's popularity.
Those two fights are looking pretty good. Moreno has already beat Royval back in 2020 by TKO.
Yair Rodriguez has also won against Ortega but that was due to Ortega's shoulder injury.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2024, 10:59:51 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1676
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 10:48:40 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2024, 09:04:45 PM »
Lets get back to upcoming UFC event Moreno vs. Royval 2.
I think this one is going to be super exciting, it is happening in Mexico City so Brandon Moreno and Yair Rodriguez will have big support from the home crowd.
I counted nine fighters with Mexican origin in this card but there are few more with Mexican blood.

That's what the UFC tends to do when they organise events outside of the US. They'd try to pack it with as many local fighters as possible to please the crowd and to increase UFC's popularity.
Those two fights are looking pretty good. Moreno has already beat Royval back in 2020 by TKO.
Yair Rodriguez has also won against Ortega but that was due to Ortega's shoulder injury.

both Moreno and Yair i think will do it again this time Yair might really KO Ortega, Yair did look good the first time they fight. and Moreno maybe will end in a UD.  it will be a good parlay to add Zellhuber. the fighters in the contender series are ready to build their names.

Dana have lots of fave fighters and i think Volk is one so yes he may approve a rematch for him.  Volk had done so much rematch to fighters he beaten but if Dana considers fairness, Volk will have to do a lot of wins to deserve  it.  he was knock cold, i'm not sure if UFC can do that but probably now is the time he should fight Josh Emmett.

Tuporia proved he is a bad ass. but they already know this since Bryce Michell fight. he showed how scared Bryce's face was when his fist was about to land.

It would make sense for Volk to face another opponent and get a rematch only if he wins, but I think the rematch is still likely to happen, as there are no real alternatives and fitting Volk again will probably be most profitable for Topuria + all parties agree to fight in Spain.
Plus - Volk is not getting any younger, so if the UFC want to honour his past achievements and grant him the rematch, they'd have to do it rather sooner than later.
The real question is whether Volk really wants to fight Ilia again, or if it's just an automatic reaction after a loss.

Holloway wants to challenge Tuporia but also  added that Volk may be given an opportunity to reclaim. not sure how he came to that but because fans love Volk, the question could be a gauge for Dana to approve.

Offline notblox1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1721
  • Last Active: Today at 01:26:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2024, 11:42:49 PM »
I know they are doing that, and they are reducing costs for tickets and transportation for all local fighters ;)

This is not UFC news, but I just found out that Francis Ngannou is going to fight against Renan Ferreira in his first MMA fighter after getting a new PFL contract.
Renan Ferreira just beat Ryan Bader with a KO in main event of PFL vs Bealltor Champs event.
Do you know I created other topic about MMA and we can talk there about PFL, Bellator, ONE and other organizations: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=317167

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2024, 12:29:09 AM »
Yair might really KO Ortega, Yair did look good the first time they fight.

He landed some nice shots in their first fight but Ortega landed few as well and managed to hold Rodriguez against the fence which made an impression of him controlling the fight (until that shoulder injury).
I'm 100% rooting for Yair here, as I really like his fighting style and the entertainment value he brings into all his fights, but I have a feeling Ortega could make a surprise here. I think he'll give up on the idea of having a striking match against Yair and will be shooting for takedowns from early on to neutralise Yair's biggest advantage.

Holloway wants to challenge Tuporia but also  added that Volk may be given an opportunity to reclaim. not sure how he came to that but because fans love Volk, the question could be a gauge for Dana to approve.

I kind of hope Volk will get a rematch. He deserves it and there aren't many better options for Topuria.
Alternatively, Volk could be matched up with a winner of Rodriguez/Ortega and, if he wins, then he could get a rematch. And Topuria could fight Holloway next, unless Max performs poorly in the UFC 300 against Gaethje.

Offline notblox1

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2024, 03:21:58 PM »
This was a crazy fun event, and I feel a little sorry for Brandon Moreno losing, maybe he burned out in front of hot home crowd.
Nice comeback for Brian Ortega after losing two previuos fights, title contender fights are going to be really interesting now.
Dana White said UFC has big plans for Mexico, they opened office there and it is possible to have events all the time there.

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2024, 05:43:02 PM »
So my gut feeling turned out to be right and Ortega grabbed a win. I feel sorry for Yair, but respect to Brian for that beautiful art triangle choke.
I think Ortega proved to be worthy of another title shot. Looking at his record, and not counting that shoulder injury, he only lost to Volk by decision and to Max Holloway by doctor's stoppage.
This boils down the number of potential opponents for Topuria's next fight to 3, in order of likelihood: Volk (rematch), Holloway (provided he doesn't get destroyed by Gaethje in the UFC300 and Ortega.

And if the Octagon fights were not enough, there were some fan brawl, apparently uninterrupted by security, because... Mexico.
i=ByHztwYEtSbBs-jh&t=177

All main card results:

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2024, 09:51:51 PM »

a fight in the crowd whenever there is an event like this seem normal in central and south America. i remember there was also a boxing match where their champ was defeated by a nobody, they were throwing lawn chairs inside the right. the guards only came when the riot is almost over.

Saudi is welcoming Jon Jones! is it possible they are already in the negotiation to have UFC in the desert for Jones vs Francis?   

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2024, 09:51:51 PM »

Online Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3543
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 03:42:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2024, 02:32:14 PM »
~ Saudi is welcoming Jon Jones! is it possible they are already in the negotiation to have UFC in the desert for Jones vs Francis?
Let's see if oil money could buy Dana's policy ;D As it stands, Jon Jones has to be out of the UFC contract for this fight to happen but he reportedly signed an eight-fight deal. Both fighters will be too old when this happens ;D

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2024, 11:47:06 PM »
~ Saudi is welcoming Jon Jones! is it possible they are already in the negotiation to have UFC in the desert for Jones vs Francis?
Let's see if oil money could buy Dana's policy ;D As it stands, Jon Jones has to be out of the UFC contract for this fight to happen but he reportedly signed an eight-fight deal. Both fighters will be too old when this happens ;D

Dana will agree to anything if the money is right.
As for Francis, it was recently announced that he'll return to mma to fight Ferreira, a PFL champion who defeated Ryan Bader (Bellator's champ) within 30 seconds of the very first round. It sounds interesting, but the date is not confirmed yet, so could be a long wait.

Offline notblox1

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2024, 12:26:32 AM »
I know Dana White will never allow Jon Jones to fight against Francis Ngannou, but I secretly hope Jones will leave UFC at some point  before he ends MMA carrier.
Until than, I will enjoy watching other heavyweight fighters in octagon and this week it is Rozenstruik vs Gaziev as UFC main event.

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2024, 06:59:52 PM »
I know Dana White will never allow Jon Jones to fight against Francis Ngannou, but I secretly hope Jones will leave UFC at some point  before he ends MMA carrier.

It's going to be tough one, as Jones was said to sign an 8-fight contract with the UFC at the beginning of 2023, so he still has 7 fights left. At the current pace of less than a fight a year, he will retire before the contract comes to an end.
But anything is possible if the money is right. If Jones was to put his foot down and said he only wanted to fight Ngannou and would rather retire than fight anyone else AND if the UFC would get a hefty share of such fight, then I can't see why not.

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2024, 11:25:23 PM »
The main card for the UFC fight night this weekend:

Nurmagomedov was meant to be fighting Sandhagen (ranked in the top 5 back then) in mid 2023 but he had to pulled out to to an injury, and now he's match-up against a completely unknown fighter who is having his UFC debut. Almakhan record looks impressive at first with 17-1 but he hasn't fought anyone with recognisable name in his career. Looks like he's more of a striker, so Umar probably will be mopping the floor with him. Odds confirm that with x1.07 for Umar.
It's clear as a day that UFC wants to make him a new star and give him an easy fight after the injury to make sure he puts another win to his record.

Offline notblox1

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2024, 12:47:38 AM »
It's going to be tough one, as Jones was said to sign an 8-fight contract with the UFC at the beginning of 2023, so he still has 7 fights left. At the current pace of less than a fight a year, he will retire before the contract comes to an end.
That is a lot of fights and we know he had only one fight since 2020, or two since 2019  :o
He is 36 years old now, and Dana White will try to make him retire in UFC to avoid fights outside UFC.
If Connor could box and be in UFC why Dana is not allowing other fighters to do that?  >:(

Back to Connor McGregor, he is serious about his acting carrier  ;D
https://www.gamesradar.com/conor-mcgregor-road-house-remake-rejected-movies-exclusive/

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2024, 09:23:13 PM »
i can't imagine him winning an oscar. if those guys from the A-team movie are still up to add another of its misadventure i think conor will fit well. they can convince Chuck Norris to join,  that man can do wonders for a promotion.

anyway, Jon Jones at his age still have 7 fights under his contract, he will end up like Tony Ferguson in the end. we hate to see a GOAT retire with the worse loss of his career.
lets say he engages to the Saudis on his own and then Dana finds out, i guess Dana will unleash his  wrath on him. making Jon fight at the age of 45.

UFC Fight Night 238 is up. anyone sharing their picks?

Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Shamil Gaziev           
Vitor Petrino vs. Tyson Pedro           
Alex Perez vs. Muhammad Mokaev           
Eryk Anders vs. Jamie Pickett           
Umar Nurmagomedov vs. Bekzat Almakhan           
Matt Schnell vs. Steve Erceg

i just learned YuginKadoya is not around anymore.

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2024, 11:58:45 PM »
If Connor could box and be in UFC why Dana is not allowing other fighters to do that?  >:(

Letting Conor box Mayweather was not the same as supporting UFC's direct competitors, as that's how it could be seen if Jones was to fight a MMA fight against someone from a different organisation. The UFC is the biggest in the world right now and doing that would look like rival organisations being on the same level. Not to mention that if Jones was to lose, in the eyes of MMA fans, the UFC would no longer be the home of the best in the world.

Back to Connor McGregor, he is serious about his acting carrier  ;D
https://www.gamesradar.com/conor-mcgregor-road-house-remake-rejected-movies-exclusive/

It's never a good sign if an active fighter takes his focus of fighting to focus on other things. But we all know he's well past his prime.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG