follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Bitcoin hardware wallet  (Read 9771 times)

Offline Kiakia

• Activity: 322
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: January 29, 2024, 07:47:37 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Badges: (View All)
    Signature Avatar 100 Posts
Re: Bitcoin hardware wallet
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2024, 09:11:34 PM »
I have never used Hardare Wallet and I also haven't seen the hardware wallet.
But many say and suggest in this forum to use hardware wallet in the form of TREZOR and Nano Ledger.
It's not advisable to use Ledger wallet because they come with lots of baggage, they have some security problems before and many customers have lost interest in them, Trezor is still better and of cos it's open source, unlike Ledger wallet, it's closed source or maybe I should say half open source?

I started taking hardware wallet serious after I lost my Bitcoin, all this while I have promised to buy a hardware wallet and I keep postponing it, after the incident I quickly purchase one and since then I feel more comfortable that before.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2024, 09:11:34 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1281
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: June 06, 2024, 11:24:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2024, 10:32:19 PM »
I have not used any hardware wallets, but I think Trezor Safe 3 is one of the best hardware wallets. For those who don't have the funds to afford hardware wallets, electrum, exodus, safe pal, and blue wallet are great software wallets.

Offline Husna QA

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1585
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: Today at 01:46:15 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2024, 02:34:25 AM »
-snip-
You still need to install stupid ledger apps even if you use only electrum wallet and you dont use ledger live app  :P
I don't know any other hardware wallet that has so complicated system with apps, and I think this can be another big ''hack'' in future for them.
They messed up almost everything, so I would suggest making transition to any other open source device (trezor, keyston, bitbox, etc).
Easy way is just importing seed phrase from ledger, but if you want to be extra safe better generate new seed words and start fresh.

I know that Ledger still requires Ledger Live for firmware updates. Likewise, with Trezor Suite, I also need it for firmware updates because neither of them can upgrade the firmware via other methods, such as ColdCard, which can upgrade the firmware via MicroSD.

Even though I also have a Trezor, I don't want to throw away the Nano X as long as it still functions normally, and so far, it is still safe when I use it (for other users: DWYOR, DYOR).

I prefer using different seeds on each hardware wallet instead of importing Ledger seeds into another.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline tomos81

• Activity: 765
  • Last Active: May 25, 2024, 12:52:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Karma Bad Avatar Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2024, 03:06:15 AM »
Especially those who are in financial crunch can use software wallet. Nowadays software wallets are quite secure like Electrum Wallet, I use Electrum Wallet.  Wallets are generally safe, but if you don't use Key 🗝️ carefully, you'll be at risk. I think it is very important to keep the keys in a generally safe place.

Offline SamReomo

• Activity: 1169
  • Available for rent!
  • Last Active: June 05, 2024, 10:49:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2024, 05:05:03 AM »
Why did you forget about Trezor? , this is also an open source wallet, in fact a lot of people use
  Ledger wallet and I don’t remember anyone talking en masse about how they get hacked; if there were cases, they were isolated; in a personal meeting with attackers, in any case, not one wallet will save you.)
It's similar to Ledger wallet the difference is that it's open source but I still wouldn't suggest it because a hardware wallet is always going to cause you damage than a software wallet. By the way the software wallets that are open-source are still better than hardware wallets because they cost you nothing to start with.

I know some people still prefer hardware wallets because they have made their mindset that hardware wallets are very secure and their coins will always be safe with hardware wallets no matter what happens. But, I believe that those hardware wallets are of no use if you know how you can secure your assets with a open-source software wallets.

If someone still believes that hardware wallets are good then they should at least go with the one that's open-source. In that case Trezor is better than Ledger because it's open-source, but still I personally would never choose a hardware wallet because it's of no use for me.
Signature space available for rent

Offline Litzki1990

• Activity: 962
  • Last Active: May 26, 2024, 08:49:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    500 Posts Topic Starter Karma Good
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2024, 06:44:13 AM »
Bitcoin is one of the most valuable digital currency and to store this digital currency we need to use more secure wallets. When it comes to choosing the wallet with the highest security, we first discuss hardware wallets. We consider hardware wallets as the most secure wallets because the access to this wallet is limited to one user and fraudsters or hackers cannot hack bitcoins from such wallets. Most investors use hardware wallets, but investors in countries that don't allow cryptocurrencies usually don't have the opportunity to use hardware wallets because it's natural that hardware won't be allowed in countries where Bitcoin isn't allowed. Hardware wallets are the most secure, but if there is any compulsion to use hardware wallets, users can choose to use some important mobile wallets, which will surely provide enough security for the user to hold bitcoins.

Offline Rubel007

• Activity: 1150
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: June 05, 2024, 02:24:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    1000 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2024, 07:15:49 AM »
Hardware wallets are the most secure wallet types, as it comes with different levels of security.

Now, can anyone tell the best bitcoin hardware wallets to store the bitcoins safely?
Various types of wallets are currently available in the market for storing Bitcoins. However, hardware wallets have gained more popularity considering the safety of investors or holders. One of the most popular hardware wallets in recent times is the Trezor Wallet. But there are some special reasons why we give so much priority to Trezor Wallet.

All types of wallets aim to provide maximum security to customers. The security of Trezor Wallet uses a secure element for key protection. It ensures sufficient security to show the need for physical confirmation in case of any transaction.

Moreover, this wallet code being open source can be easily monitored by anyone. As a result, no one doubts its transparency. Users can quickly identifies its weaknesses and helps to resolve the problems.

In this wallet a holder will be able to store Bitcoin and various cryptocurrencies. As a result, a Bitcoin holder can save as many tokens as he wishes. Trezor built a good reputation in the market. It also get good reputation at all levels of security. Moreover, the device's interface and set-up process is also relatively easy, so everyone can use it with ease.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2024, 07:15:49 AM »

Offline tjtonmoy

• Activity: 458
  • Last Active: May 20, 2024, 11:05:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2024, 04:19:18 PM »
The name that I have heard a lot is Ledger Nano. I am not a hardware wallet user myself but seems like this should be a good option. But as everyone suggested, they can be quite expensive.
If you want a cheaper solution to that, you can use an air-gapped device to create cold storage for your BTC. You can find many tutorials online if you wanna do it on your own.

The trick is to never make any contact with the internet with your device. You can use an old cheap PC to do it. And it is as safe as hardware wallets as long as you make sure not to connect it with the internet at any cost.
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████

███████████████▀▀███
██
█████████▀▀░░░░███
███████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐███
███▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░████
█▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐████
█████░█▀░░░░░░░█████
█████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐█████
██████░▄███▄░░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
THE.BEST.CRYPTO.MARKETING.AGENCY
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██
▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄███
████████████▄░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline PX-Z

• Activity: 1116
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 07:56:44 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Voter 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2024, 04:36:46 PM »
The name that I have heard a lot is Ledger Nano. I am not a hardware wallet user myself but seems like this should be a good option. But as everyone suggested, they can be quite expensive.
If you want a cheaper solution to that, you can use an air-gapped device to create cold storage for your BTC. You can find many tutorials online if you wanna do it on your own.

The trick is to never make any contact with the internet with your device. You can use an old cheap PC to do it. And it is as safe as hardware wallets as long as you make sure not to connect it with the internet at any cost.
As long the user knows and has patience when making transactions using the airgap device, from signing, removing the device stick, and then broadcasting. Also, the prevention of getting the airgap infected using the USB stick. As long as the user knows these cons then it should be fine. This be much safer than using a hardware wallet besides how costly HW nowadays.

Offline ajiz138

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1268
  • Last Active: June 06, 2024, 02:38:48 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2024, 04:59:15 PM »
I have several hardware wallets including Trezor, Ledger Nano X, and Safepal.

But for storing bitcoins long term, I prefer trezor because I first started buying a hardware wallet is this while for Ledger Nano X I bought it from someone on the forum.

Safepal hardware is only for storing altcoins.

If you ask which one is the best then it's a choice every individual is always different in the comfort of the hardware wallet he chooses.

Offline CryptoLaila

• Activity: 160
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 03:42:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    100 Posts Avatar 50 Posts
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2024, 11:09:24 PM »
~~

I also haven't tried any hardware wallet before  but  does all hardware needs a desktop wallet to function  because  I know of trezor + Exodus.... I don't know if all hardware follow this pattern or they stand alone without any partner with external wallet

Offline SamReomo

• Activity: 1169
  • Available for rent!
  • Last Active: June 05, 2024, 10:49:58 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2024, 02:53:36 AM »
Yes, I think you have shared some good information with the users. An air-gapped device with a open source wallet like Electrum is much safer than those hardware wallets, and the best thing about an air-gapped system is that they aren't super expensive.

Anyone can use even a very old Core2duo based CPU or even a slower duel core laptop for the purpose. But such users should understand that windows operating system is not a good choice for an air-gapped system and they should install a Linux distribution for best security of the system.

There are many tutorials for making such a system anyone can easily find those with a Google search. It's always going to be safer and cheaper option as compare to a hardware wallet. And, the best thing is that it can be done in any part of the world even in those areas where people can't purchase hardware wallets due to unavailability.
Signature space available for rent

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1736
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: June 04, 2024, 05:14:23 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fourth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2024, 03:30:31 AM »
I have been in the cryptocurrency business for a few years, and I have long wanted to have a hardware wallet for the long-term assets that I will hold. That's why I haven't been able to buy it until now. Because of the priorities I prioritize for my family,.

Although I have used cold and hot wallets, so far I have not had any problems with these things. As long as you know how to be careful and how to avoid the unexpected, it's fine even if you don't have hardware wallets. But I have options on what I'm going to try to buy, and they're the Secux and Trezor wallets.
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline tjtonmoy

• Activity: 458
  • Last Active: May 20, 2024, 11:05:01 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2024, 08:55:21 AM »
As long the user knows and has patience when making transactions using the airgap device, from signing, removing the device stick, and then broadcasting. Also, the prevention of getting the airgap infected using the USB stick. As long as the user knows these cons then it should be fine. This be much safer than using a hardware wallet besides how costly HW nowadays.
Not gonna lie, everything has its pros and cons. This is no different. But the thing with this is, you can easily avoid them. They are not hard to deal with if you do some trial-and-error tests. Do not jump right into using it without learning everything about it. That's the best advice I can give anyone if they are willing to use an air-gapped device for storage. But then again, it is not 100% secure. Nothing is.

And, the best thing is that it can be done in any part of the world even in those areas where people can't purchase hardware wallets due to unavailability.
Yeah, I forgot to mention this. Thank you for mentioning it. Super cheap and always available. The part of Windows and Linux is a personal choice TBH but Linux should be the first choice for sure.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 08:59:33 AM by tjtonmoy »
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████

███████████████▀▀███
██
█████████▀▀░░░░███
███████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐███
███▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░████
█▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐████
█████░█▀░░░░░░░█████
█████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐█████
██████░▄███▄░░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
THE.BEST.CRYPTO.MARKETING.AGENCY
████████████████████

████████████████████
██
▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄███
████████████▄░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline Cantsay

• Activity: 1051
  • [center]FOFF[/center]
  • Last Active: Today at 12:49:48 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Quick Poster 1000 Posts
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2024, 08:20:52 PM »
The name that I have heard a lot is Ledger Nano.

Since the introduction of their recovery service a lot of people no longer trust Ledger.

According to what I read ledger now has a service that backup user’s private key incase they misplace it they (ledger) can help them recover it and a lot of people are scared that if ledger is compromised then billions of dollars will be stolen.

Just like you said, I’m not a hardware wallet but if you can properly handle your airgapped wallet then you should be safe – even if you’re planning to hold for long term.
FOFF

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG