follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Rolling back Bitcoin a possibility but what will be the effect on the community?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline vicoma

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 11
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: June 13, 2021, 09:13:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
According to this report from CoinDesk (https://www.coindesk.com/binance-may-consider-bitcoin-rollback-following-40-million-hack [nofollow]) In the wake of a multimillion-dollar hack on Tuesday,  7th of May, 2019, Changpeng Zhao, the CEO of cryptocurrency exchange startup Binance publicly discussed whether the company might seek to encourage bitcoin miners and node operators to “rollback” the bitcoin blockchain, reversing transactions confirmed by the network to return the funds.

The comments were made as Zhao hosted an Ask-Me-Anything session at 3:00 UTC on Wednesday after the hack to address various questions about the hack, which saw assailant steal some 7,000 bitcoin from the exchange.

Answering questions on whether the firm would consider attempting to convince network stakeholders to roll back bitcoin network transactions, which would require pushing for consensus from major miners and mining pools to gather over 51 percent of the network’s total hashing power, Zhao said:

To try and roll back the network without an agreement between the entire industry and community would most likely be seen by many as effectively an attack on the bitcoin network, which is intended to be immutable.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
There is also the update:

UPDATE: After this article was published, Changpeng Zhao, CEO of Binance, said in a follow-up tweet that after speaking with various parties, the exchange decided not to pursue the rollback approach.

I'm not surprised, this is a terrible idea and surely miners would not agree, it would create a Bitcoin Binance fork that would be utterly ridiculous!
Not to mention a 7,000 BTC rollback, when it is 0.03% of the total supply, makes no sense what-so-ever.

Offline damsix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2466
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 16, 2024, 05:31:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
I also don't want to make SPAM posts but I'm sure if CZ Binance has many friends
Even Justin Sun from TRON also has full support to be ready to replace the loss of 7000 Bitcoin.

I see this evidence from Justin Sun on Twitter.
retire and rest in peace

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG