follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Reporting low value posts  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3537
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 11:42:49 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Reporting low value posts
« on: December 11, 2020, 03:18:33 PM »
Another example of two low value posts that I was planning to report but I have to wait another 360 secs to report the second.

Reported:
Thank you very much brother for sharing such a beautiful topic with us. We got to know and understand a lot from your topic.  And we have benefited from learning a lot from here. You have said that you have discussed the tax of Bitcoin. Thank you brother for discussing like this.  And hopefully such valuable posts will help us in the future.

Unreported (Wait for 360 secs):
You have created a very informative and informative post. No topic has been created about Bitcoin tax so far. This is the first time you have created a topic. Thank you so much for presenting such an informative post in a beautiful way. We have learned a lot from your post.  I was able to learn. Do more and more such educational posts so that we can know all the unknown information.
^ somebody else take care of this because I'm not waiting.

Similar and both are basically padded "thank you" posts. no real value added to the OP.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Reporting low value posts
« on: December 11, 2020, 03:18:33 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
Re: Reporting low value posts
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 03:29:39 PM »
    Another example of two low value posts that I was planning to report but I have to wait another 360 secs to report the second.

This is why you report them here instead though: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=182780.0

If the posts get deleted, then other users won't have the opportunity to give -karma.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
    • Activity: 3537
    • Coinomize.biz
    • Referrals: 34
    • Last Active: Today at 11:42:49 AM
      • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »

If the posts get deleted, then other users won't have the opportunity to give -karma.
    That's a very poor policy to be honest and it's high time to change it. Why would admin prefer to keep low quality posts like that? Not only they are getting paid to post shit (bounty), they are also earning Activity and Points (that they can later convert to tokens) for that. So in a way, this forum is incentivizing shitposting.

Other than that, newbies are being exposed to reading these types of posts. What can they learn from a padded thank you reply?

Seriously, how many of the higher rank members actually care about -K now? I bet for every 1 person giving -K to that post, there are two or more willing to give +K.

Probably best to leave this for another discussion as it's not the purpose why I created this topic.

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
    • Legendary
      • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 04:29:40 PM »
    That's a very poor policy to be honest and it's high time to change it. Why would admin prefer to keep low quality posts like that? Not only they are getting paid to post shit (bounty), they are also earning Activity and Points (that they can later convert to tokens) for that. So in a way, this forum is incentivizing shitposting.

Actually, it was changed from "PMing admin" regarding low quality posters for users to be punished back in April 2018 to do not report in May 2019.
    The policy has changed, but the other way around. The amount of LQP that was getting reported was becoming hideous.
    One persons idea of low quality isn't the idea of anothers either.

Other than that, newbies are being exposed to reading these types of posts. What can they learn from a padded thank you reply?

Hopefully that doing so can lead to negative karma, and thus is to be discouraged.

Seriously, how many of the higher rank members actually care about -K now? I bet for every 1 person giving -K to that post, there are two or more willing to give +K.

Not enough. This is community problem however, not a moderation problem. Curation is the responsibility of the curators, not the creators or maintainers.

This is why I updated the LQP so users know what they should be doing: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=13796.0
    As well as clearer guidelines for giving -karma to karma issuers: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=182766.0
    Karma topic has also been updated to include shitposting: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=657.0
    The issuance of -karma has also now been incentivized: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=182908.0

I hope this will help change the tide of karma issuing from almost exclusively positive to a better balance of positive and negative, as used to be the case here before more members were made karma issuers and therefore karma issuing became more widespread. But only time will tell.

As a quick reminder, this is when you are supposed to issue negative karma:

Probably best to leave this for another discussion as it's not the purpose why I created this topic.

I split the topic to create a new one here now, it's a good discussion none the less :)
    « Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 04:35:10 PM by dragononcrypto »

Offline Master107

• Legendary
    • Activity: 3732
    • Referrals: 3
    • Last Active: January 21, 2024, 01:34:58 PM
      • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
      Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
    « Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 04:42:36 PM »
    Allow me to join.

Probably, to lower or disabling the 360 secs time interval can help the concern citizens to report LQP faster and locate them faster.

360 secs is long enough to waste time and possible to forgot to report the LQP.

Well, the forum is just 3 years and on progress. There are more good changes in the future.

Offline hair

• Hair
    • * Vice President *
    • Mythical
    • Activity: 9416
    • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
    • Referrals: 5
    • Last Active: May 21, 2024, 06:13:52 PM
      • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
    « Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 08:28:59 AM »
    I support reporting low value posts. it's very good to educate them not to repeat the same mistakes. Maybe getting LQP badges could also be considered to warning them beside review karma
    █████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    MixTum.io
    █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    █████
    ▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
    █████
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    █████
    ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    MIX FREE
    Up to 1mBTC
    ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    █████
    ████████████████████████
    █████████████▀▀████████
    ████████████▀▄█████████
    ██████████▀▌▄██████████
    ██████████▌███████████
    █████████▀▄███▀████████
    ██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
    █████▀▄█▀▄████████████
    ██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
    █████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
    ██████████████▄██████
    ███████▄██████▄████████
    ████████████████████████

Offline yemight62

• Activity: 110
    • Referrals: 0
    • Last Active: July 22, 2022, 03:14:39 AM
      • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    « Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 11:20:49 AM »
    I support reporting low value posts. it's very good to educate them not to repeat the same mistakes. Maybe getting LQP badges could also be considered to warning them beside review karma
    I think I will second that great idea. The low quality posters needs to know what low quality posts is because what looks like a quality post to me might be a shit to the moderator and their should be a new way which LQP can be punished apart from -Karma. The forum is still young, and a step should be taking at a time. We will definitely get there.
    XSL Labs   ◉  SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA  ◉
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬     https://www.xsl-labs.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 11:20:49 AM »

Offline Malam90

• Mythical
    • Activity: 5871
    • Referrals: 8
    • Last Active: March 13, 2023, 02:19:03 PM
      • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 03:11:08 PM »

Low value post actually doesn't bring any value to the community. It just elaborates discussion's length. In Bitcointalk, i see Mods delete low value posts if they find or someone reports to mods. Admin and Mods of Altcoinstalks are always working on it to eradicate LQP by different steps.
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:14:58 PM by Malam90 »

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
    • Legendary
      • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 10:11:42 PM »
    Locked topic in favor of this topic: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=182780.0

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
    BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
    BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
    BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG