follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Airbnb CEO Proud of Former Employee Who'd Quit to Start Coinbase  (Read 329 times)

Offline LazY

• Activity: 384
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: August 16, 2021, 08:16:49 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
The co-founder and CEO of Airbnb, Brian Chesky has said that he is really proud of Brian Armstrong, one of his company’s first software engineers for starting Coinbase, the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the United States. Recently, Coinbase went public in a direct listing on the Nasdaq stock exchange marking a significant milestone for the nascent crypto market industry.

Airbnb CEO Proud of Brain Armstrong for Starting Coinbase
In an interview on CNBC’s Tech Check on April 16th, Airbnb co-founder and CEO Brian Chesky had all praises for one of his former employees, none other than Brain Armstrong, the Co-founder, and CEO of Coinbase, saying:

“Brian actually is one of the original architects of our payment platform and our fraud detection system. So I’m really, really proud of what he’s doing.”

Brain Armstrong had worked for the online rental marketplace for a little over a year. Departing in 2012, Armstrong started Coinbase. At the time the U.S-based cryptocurrency exchange was found, Bitcoin was only three years old, priced around $6.

Despite him leaving the company, Chesky said he kept in touch with Armstrong.

The Airbnb Crypto Connection
The CEO of the online rental marketplaces even highlighted cryptocurrencies role towards economic empowerment and accessibility, as well as Coinbase’s focus on security:

“I think one of the lessons here is when you give power to people, it provides more economic empowerment and more access. But in order to get more power to people, people have to be able to trust each other.”

Chesky then went on to link cryptocurrencies and Airbnb, sharing both are based on the system of trust:

“Obviously, cryptocurrencies have their own system of trust. Airbnb, our system of trust based on our reputation system, I think has been able to unlock a lot of economics. So I think these general trends of unlocking systems of trust that allow more people to participate in the economy is a huge boon to the global economy.”

When host Deirdre Bosa asks Chesky whether Airbnb has any plans towards crypto adoption, Chesky replies he did not “have anything to announce right now. But I can tell you that we’ve been certainly looking at this.”

Airbnb CEO Proud of Former Employee Who'd Quit to Start Coinbase
https://cryptonews.net/550402/?utm_source=CryptoNews&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=shared

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG