follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Newb - Bought too much MetaHero - how do I swap?  (Read 962 times)

Offline loll_l

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 14
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: January 04, 2022, 04:26:51 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary
Newb - Bought too much MetaHero - how do I swap?
« on: December 30, 2021, 06:56:25 PM »
I use Binance as my exchange and TrustWallet as my wallet (on my phone)...

I bought £600 (600 GBP) of MetaHero (HERO) pretty much by accident. I still want to keep £200 of MetaHero but I want to swap the other £400 for other altcoins...

I have a list of altcoins that I want to invest in and I noticed that one of them - Elrond (EGLD) - can be swapped for HERO through PancakeSwap on TrustWallet. I subsequently went ahead and swapped £50's worth of HERO for EGLD through PancakeSwap but the problem is that the EGLD tokens are not showing in TrustWallet - the balance of my EGLD is still 0! Does this mean I have lost those tokens or does it just take a while for the transaction to fully go through and for the EGLD to appear in my wallet?

I also want to swap more HERO for other coins such as Crypto.com (CRO) but there seems no simple way to do this! Is there an easy way to swap coins that I am missing?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Newb - Bought too much MetaHero - how do I swap?
« on: December 30, 2021, 06:56:25 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline loll_l

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

Re: Newb - Bought too much MetaHero - how do I swap?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 01:36:41 AM »
HELP!...

The Elrond still haven't shown up in my TrustWallet :(... I thought they would have done by now as I purchased them around 8 hours ago!...

Does this mean I've lost the MetaHero I used to purchase the Elrond? Or, if/when the transaction fails, will the MetaHero be returned to me?

Offline loll_l

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 01:44:44 AM »
Admin/moderators - I think I should have probably have posted this on the 'Altcoins & Cryptocurrencies discussions' forum instead.... please can you move it over to there?

Offline masterrex

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1737
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 22, 2023, 03:40:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 02:27:03 PM »
I use Binance as my exchange and TrustWallet as my wallet (on my phone)...

I bought £600 (600 GBP) of MetaHero (HERO) pretty much by accident. I still want to keep £200 of MetaHero but I want to swap the other £400 for other altcoins...

I have a list of altcoins that I want to invest in and I noticed that one of them - Elrond (EGLD) - can be swapped for HERO through PancakeSwap on TrustWallet. I subsequently went ahead and swapped £50's worth of HERO for EGLD through PancakeSwap but the problem is that the EGLD tokens are not showing in TrustWallet - the balance of my EGLD is still 0! Does this mean I have lost those tokens or does it just take a while for the transaction to fully go through and for the EGLD to appear in my wallet?

I also want to swap more HERO for other coins such as Crypto.com (CRO) but there seems no simple way to do this! Is there an easy way to swap coins that I am missing?

Mate just relax your EGLD is not lost, Just follow this simple step first you must manually add it EGLD Bep20 token in your Trust Wallet by importing the EGLD BSC smart contract I will paste here for you and then paste it in the "Add Custom Token" that simple your EGOLD will be shown in your Trust wallet.

source: CoinMarketCap *EGLD Bep20 token SmartContract  0xbf7c81fff98bbe61b40ed186e4afd6ddd01337fe
Note: if you still dont get it, you can add me on Telegram I will teach you "step by step" Telegram username @BlockchainBillings
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 02:33:18 PM by masterrex »

Offline loll_l

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 10:19:47 PM »
Thanks for you reply masterrex....

I do actually have Elrond showing in my TrustWallet (see below) so that's not the problem... the problem is that the balance is showing as 0! :(

[nofollow]

Were your instructions just to get Elrond showing in the list? Or do I have to take further steps in order to import the balance?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 11:20:27 PM by loll_l »

Offline Master107

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3732
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: January 21, 2024, 01:34:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 12:54:40 PM »
Hello mate....

If you did it correctly no need to worry. However you should be careful to put the correct contract address, make sure that the token is right or else you will missed something.

Try to track the transaction in your transaction history.

The details will lead you to see what token you bought, when and how much.

From there, try to get the contract address of the token and then put it on pancakeswap in research token. If not listed you need to add token. (Try to watch yt videos on how to add new token in pancakeswap).

Good luck

Offline loll_l

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 02:49:57 PM »
Haha yeah I get it now!... thank you both for your help.... I didn't realise that you could have different versions of EGLD so just thought the balance of the 'Elrond' (the bottom listing on the below screenshot) would go up. The tokens have in fact been added to 'Binance-Peg Elrond' (3rd from the top)....

[nofollow]

This leads me onto another question...

- I now own a very small amount of 'Smart Chain' and 'Binance-Peg Elrond' when I'm supposed to have bought 'BNB' and 'Elrond' respectively. (i.e. the names are different but the coins seem to be the same).... Why do they have different names and are these tokens with different names still safe to buy?

Also, regarding making swaps on PancakeSwap....

As an experiment, around a week ago, I tried to swap a very small amount of MetaHero (HERO) into CryptoMafia ($CMF) through PancakeSwap. I have since been advised not to invest in rebase tokens like $CMF but I didn't know about rebase tokens at the time. The first part of the conversion (HERO to Smart Chain) seemed to go through ok but on the second part (Smart Chain to $CMF) an error came up. I believe the error was "not enough gas" but I can't say for certain as I've had a fair few beers between then and now! The transaction hash, taken from my Smart Chain transaction history, was 0xd9028ecf9741784bc047b8a567f9926bab349d920555fc3139099809ad3c91d2. My queries are as follows:

- Is there any way I can find out how much I tried to swap using the transaction hash? I can't seem to see anything regarding the amount on BscScan!
- As the swap didn't complete, what has happened to the tokens/coins? Would it now be in my account as Smart Chain? Or, would it have been converted back to HERO when the swap failed? Or, would I have just lost it?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 02:49:57 PM »

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG