follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Poll

How would you describe mainly your activity with cryptos?

Saving
8 (16%)
Investing
26 (52%)
Trading
12 (24%)
Speculating
2 (4%)
Gambling
2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Saving... Investing... Speculating... Gambling? (Poll)  (Read 14666 times)

Offline $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1799
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 06:01:17 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
Re: Saving... Investing... Speculating... Gambling?
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2024, 09:54:45 AM »
Most crypto communities know that the main reason for those entering this industry is to look for investments that will help grow investors' capital in the future. Of course, when the purchased crypto coins are correct and legitimately have potential, investors will make a profit.

Now, where can investors buy potential crypto assets? I see only two possible sources for that: first from the trading platform, either Cex or Dex, and second from the new campaign projects, although the risk level is high when buying investment in new projects.
It's interesting when we try to invest in new projects. Of course the risk is very high and it is not uncommon to fail in investing in new projects. We must really use more money because if we fail it will not be something that burdens us. Disappointed for sure, but at least it doesn't make our finances worse.

I did it several times, the results were successful, some were ordinary and some failed and had to lose money. But I am quite satisfied because I can learn a lot from the experience. Indirectly it can hone our ability to analyze new projects that will be useful for analyzing other new projects.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2024, 09:54:45 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 20, 2024, 09:57:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2024, 11:26:53 PM »
It's interesting when we try to invest in new projects. Of course the risk is very high and it is not uncommon to fail in investing in new projects. We must really use more money because if we fail it will not be something that burdens us. Disappointed for sure, but at least it doesn't make our finances worse.

I did it several times, the results were successful, some were ordinary and some failed and had to lose money. But I am quite satisfied because I can learn a lot from the experience. Indirectly it can hone our ability to analyze new projects that will be useful for analyzing other new projects.
When you don't have too much money, it's best not to waste time by contributing to new projects because there is no guarantee of profit that can be obtained, at least they must remain alert when they want to make an investment and must analyze the existing project more deeply, maybe it could be Material for consideration are projects that have direct support from Binance Labs which will provide a small guarantee of profit because the support they have is a very large platform.

Offline I-Bit

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2213
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 09:57:44 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2024, 11:42:20 PM »
When you don't have too much money, it's best not to waste time by contributing to new projects because there is no guarantee of profit that can be obtained, at least they must remain alert when they want to make an investment and must analyze the existing project more deeply, maybe it could be Material for consideration are projects that have direct support from Binance Labs which will provide a small guarantee of profit because the support they have is a very large platform.
New projects will be always very risky to join. Although we want to join new projects, it is better to only use small money. I think we don't need to vid them at all, but we must be very careful. Many of new projects can be scams or weak projects. They can stop development any time, many people already lost money in new projects. Although the projects launched by Binance labs, always do a deep research..

Offline Captain Corporate

• Activity: 1061
  • Last Active: Today at 12:42:21 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes Topic Starter
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2024, 01:45:59 AM »
I selected both saving and investing, because I do save "some" money in the crypto, but its also considered invested at the same time. I mean when you put like 50 bucks per month into bitcoin, that is you saving 50 bucks from your salary every month (may not sound a lot in other nations, not too terrible where I live, still not a lot though) so you are saving money from salary while also investing into bitcoin. But, trading is not something I do often, I do it a bit but not a lot ,and gambling is something totally different, I do gamble but very different ways, so not really relevant here. This leaves, majority of it could be considered investing, with just a bit of saving as well.

Offline Odohu

• Activity: 348
  • Last Active: April 10, 2024, 10:38:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Karma Good Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2024, 07:55:04 AM »
I personally have been saving money mainly in Bitcoin through the DCA method. I consider this method effective because it allow me to buy with my small investment budget on a regular basis, understanding the power of humble beginning. Before now I had wanted to buy Bitcoin in bulk but I never had the opportunity of raising the kind of funds I was expecting. Little did I know that with my salary that is not much, I could actually invest a part of it in Bitcoin after meeting my basic needs and setting aside part of it for any emergency.

It is my plan to use Bitcoin as my retirement saving option and so far, I'm happy with how far I have come with building my Bitcoin asset.

Online bitterguy28

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1206
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 11:37:20 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2024, 10:19:19 AM »
Saving... Investing... Speculating... Gambling... what's the difference?
Does it matter anyway?

And if it does, how would you describe your activity with cryptocurrencies?
\
Aren't Saving and Investing are the same thing ? if you are investing then that is automatically saving for the future.

Use gambling only for fun and if you cannot manage that then never gambling at all.

Speculating ? what is the relevance of this to those 3? sorry but this one is none sense to the topic.

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 863
  • Last Active: Today at 12:38:26 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2024, 11:56:39 AM »
Aren't Saving and Investing are the same thing ? if you are investing then that is automatically saving for the future.

Hi bitterguy
I agree, there is no clear cut distinction between these concepts.
One can take a financial decision with both motives - investing & saving - in his mind.
One decision can be good both from a saving point of view and from an investing point of view.
Some instruments suit better investing but are good for saving too, and vice versa, some other instruments suit better saving but can be used for investing too. For example, you can buy/sell gold in order to invest, gamble, save or speculate (but I think - in general - gold suits better the saving motive).
Etc. etc.

On the other hand I believe you are wrong - Saving and Investing are not the same - otherwise there wouldn't exist 35.000 results when you put "saving investing difference " into google.
For example, I read:

Saving
This is putting money aside, bit by bit.
You usually save up to pay for something specific, such as a holiday, a deposit on a home, or to cover any emergencies that might crop up (like a broken boiler).

Investing
This is taking some of your money and trying to make it grow by buying products that might increase in value over time. For example, you might invest in stocks, property, or shares in a fund.
While the gains from investing can be bigger than saving, the value of investments can go down as well as up.

https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/savings/how-to-save/should-i-save-or-invest

So, what can we learn from this bitterguy
For example "Prioritize savings if you don’t have an emergency fund" and "Choose saving over investing if you’ll need the cash in the near future"

Speculating ? what is the relevance of this to those 3? sorry but this one is none sense to the topic.

In the first postings of this thread I put down some distinctions - with a couple of infographics too -, it could help if you start from there bitterguy

That said, maybe you are right bitterguy, but I sense that you didn't do any research before putting down that condescending remark, so I'm not going to spend another 60 minutes trying to explain to you the relevance of Speculating to the other 3, because in order to do it I should - just for you - ... go to Google.com... search for "investing speculating difference"... "gambling speculating difference"... "saving speculating difference"...  look at the result ... spend quite some time reading around ...
I'm sure our conversation would be more productive if you do it first  :)

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2024, 11:56:39 AM »

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 953
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:14:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2024, 04:15:50 PM »
Of all that has been . mentioned, gambling is totally different from them all, you cannot compare or bring in gambling here where there's more you could have learn or do with trading and make it not look like you're gambling with your investment, when we gambles, we loose our money but when we trade, we are investing on an asset that could be profitable and the risk is minimal to the loss we could afford when we are gambling.

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2180
  • Last Active: Today at 07:41:58 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2024, 04:46:10 PM »
Of all that has been . mentioned, gambling is totally different from them all, you cannot compare or bring in gambling here where there's more you could have learn or do with trading and make it not look like you're gambling with your investment, when we gambles, we loose our money but when we trade, we are investing on an asset that could be profitable and the risk is minimal to the loss we could afford when we are gambling.
It is true that we must instill in ourselves and the environment around us that gambling cannot lead to wealth, which is certainly destruction. People gamble because they have extra money, and it is considered recreation, or indeed, a tradition that cannot be eliminated, but not for profit. but now it has lost its purpose; gambling is used as a livelihood to be profitable. Obviously, you are right that trading is the same as making an investment in the form of something that we sell to get more difference, which is also called profit.I agree that investing with a small risk is inversely proportional to gambling with a large risk, so you just have to choose which one to do.​

Offline Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 866
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 04:10:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2024, 10:07:38 PM »
New projects will be always very risky to join. Although we want to join new projects, it is better to only use small money. I think we don't need to vid them at all, but we must be very careful. Many of new projects can be scams or weak projects. They can stop development any time, many people already lost money in new projects. Although the projects launched by Binance labs, always do a deep research..

-   Yes, indeed, many new investors often fall victim to new projects because of their lack of knowledge about the opportunity they are entering into, which they think will help them get profit because they were just carried away by the trend and hype.

That's why doing research first is a big contribution to the investor so that the capital that they will use in a new project is not wasted, although there is something that can be said that is legitimate, so you just have to really search and find out well and know how to do it, of course. .

Offline Nwada001

• Activity: 736
  • Last Active: May 21, 2024, 12:23:39 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    500 Posts Karma Karma Good
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2024, 10:42:31 PM »
Saving... Investing... Speculating... Gambling... what's the difference?
Does it matter anyway?

And if it does, how would you describe your activity with cryptocurrencies?
Saving is what we just use to stack money that we are not yet ready to use for the main time, and this money is saved in our local bank account. It might just remain stagnant with no profit, but inflation will be affecting the value.

One thing about investing is that you will have to enjoy the profit if you make the right investment decision, like investing in the right coin. If it happens that you hold for a long time until the bull run, profit will definitely be certain, but sometimes we run into losses. This can only occur if you sell out of panic, and when the price drops, you will definitely be on the losing side, but if you hold, you can regain what you think you are losing.

For gambling, I see this as one of the most risky parts to get myself involved in. If you gamble and you lose a game, the money is gone for good, and if you continue chasing your losses, you might keep losing more games.

Offline UNIVERSE

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1798
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 11:51:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2024, 11:10:53 PM »

Use gambling only for fun and if you cannot manage that then never gambling at all.

Basically this is quite similar in the crypto space. but actually, there is a slight difference.
Well maybe this can help:

here is the completed information:
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/022516/saving-vs-investing-understanding-key-differences.asp

But the matter is is about the cryptocurrency, what's for?
Every decision will have its risk. for me, I ma doing investing in several certain cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and also some top altcoins. Because I am not taking high risk, so , it will be better to go to those kind of cryptocurrencies. And am doing investing with long term holding, so this is good for me to not thinking about the price fluctuation in the market, except that focusing for the bullish era later.

Offline debra

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1676
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 11:15:04 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2024, 11:21:42 PM »
You're right. Gambling is very different with saving and investing. When we gamble, we have no idea about the result because it relies on the luck. But when we investing or saving, we know how to analyze the results. We have some ways to increase the chance to succeed in these things. That's why learning become a very important part of saving and investing. But in gambling, we don't need to learn anything, specifically for luck-based games.

...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline TopT3ns

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1495
  • Last Active: May 21, 2024, 12:35:06 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    too active, 25 Posts in one day Topic Starter 1000 Posts
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2024, 11:35:44 AM »
You're right. Gambling is very different with saving and investing. When we gamble, we have no idea about the result because it relies on the luck. But when we investing or saving, we know how to analyze the results. We have some ways to increase the chance to succeed in these things. That's why learning become a very important part of saving and investing. But in gambling, we don't need to learn anything, specifically for luck-based games.
Investment is the point when you are trapped at a high price and there is no other choice but to lose, cut losses, or stay afloat. When you are trapped in a coin with potential like Bitcoin, it is not a problem because the price will definitely go up again, but if you are trapped in an altcoin, it will make you lose all the value of your assets because it is difficult to increase prices without clear use of the product. Gambling is a game that can make you rich instantly but can also make you poor instantly, which means the risk of loss is higher than trading.

Offline alltalk

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3597
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 9
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 09:26:40 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2024, 11:29:31 PM »
I personally have been saving money mainly in Bitcoin through the DCA method. I consider this method effective because it allow me to buy with my small investment budget on a regular basis, understanding the power of humble beginning.
When you put money in Bitcoin, you are investing your money. It isn't a type of savings.  ;)
DCA is a good method as long as you understand how to do it properly. Sure, we must have certain way to optimize it if we have limited funds. I also sometimes do DCA, but I don't do it continuously.

It is my plan to use Bitcoin as my retirement saving option and so far, I'm happy with how far I have come with building my Bitcoin asset.
So do you plan to keep your Bitcoin until you have retired from your current job in real life? It is a good idea but I think you don't rely on Bitcoin only. Get other investment for your retirement assets. Land and gold are also interesting assets to have. Why don't consider to have them as well.

█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████