follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: HODLing Altcoins  (Read 13798 times)

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1200
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 01:24:10 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
Re: HODLing Altcoins
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2024, 02:38:20 PM »
Newbies are not usually advised to go into trading while they don't have proper knowledge yet about cryptocurrencies. Before anyone can start trading, they must have good knowledge about cryptocurrencies, liquidity, volatility, security risks and precautions, and lastly, fund management.

A trader who doesn't have good knowledge about the volatility of so many alt coins can just invest in any kind of random coin and get liquidated instantly. Some newbies don't know about the term liquidation. If a trader doesn't even know the meaning of some trading terms and words, how can they perform very well in trading?

Another thing I want to talk about is the way some newbies ingage in trading all kinds of coin pairs; they don't only relay on two or three pairs, but you will see them jumping from one pair to another. For example, some traders only trade Bitcoin/USDT and ETH/USDT and make a profit, while others trade different pairs every day and run into losses.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2024, 02:38:20 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline UNIVERSE

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1798
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 11:51:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2024, 11:14:09 PM »
Newbies are not usually advised to go into trading while they don't have proper knowledge yet about cryptocurrencies. Before anyone can start trading, they must have good knowledge about cryptocurrencies, liquidity, volatility, security risks and precautions, and lastly, fund management.
Because, it's really, Trading is very risky and not every newbie is suitable to do the activity, with the high risk. But the problem is that many newbies are interested to do trading, moreover with future because they are seeing other people who are doing future trading can gain very big profits. This is a big problem actually for the newbies itself because they don't learn at first, only expect and think about high profits, without understanding its risk. This is bad to know this fact. Hopefully there are many more newbies that understand about this basic concept of trading and will go for trading if they are really able to do and ready to do. And this is exactly much better for newbies to do investment, moroever in the Bitcoin.

Offline debra

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1676
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 11:15:04 AM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2024, 11:18:17 PM »

A trader who doesn't have good knowledge about the volatility of so many alt coins can just invest in any kind of random coin and get liquidated instantly. Some newbies don't know about the term liquidation. If a trader doesn't even know the meaning of some trading terms and words, how can they perform very well in trading?
Agree. Newbies must have knowledge about trading and crypto first before they start to trade. It is a must to do, they will have no idea about trading in a proper way without knowledge. Sure, they will get difficulties if they don't have knowledge, it will be hard to deal with the market volatility and trends in crypto market.

Newbies must focus on learning, they must avoid to invest as well. Investing in crypto coins also need good knowledge. It is impossible to succeed in trading or investing without knowledge.

...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Bitcoin_people

• Activity: 708
  • Ramadan Mubarak ☀️
  • Last Active: April 09, 2024, 10:08:25 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    500 Posts Quick Poster Signature
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2024, 02:34:33 PM »
Users who do not have experience and knowledge about trading must be at a disadvantage if they go to trade. Before starting a trading business a user needs to gain experience about the crypto market and the volatility in the market and when the market is pumping and dumping. Moreover, one should always start a business with caution and never start training without sufficient funds. However, it is always risky for a user to start trading in altcoins with the expectation of high profit. Both holding and trading are risky in altcoins but holding bitcoins can be profitable, while in altcoins it can lose money at any time.

Offline LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1693
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 05:02:55 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2024, 04:35:24 AM »
~
  • How do you know an altcoin will be good for HODLing?
  • How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
1. A bit of research, a bit of knowledge towards the project, a little bit of instinct, and a little bit of luck. :D Seriously, I've been investing into altcoins for a long time already, and excluding meme coins (because they are simply shitcoins), all of the altcoins that I invested with ends up giving me some small to huge profits. I mean ALL. My strategy? Don't sell at a loss. :D If you need to hold it for years, and as long as you trust the project then do it. :). Kind of funny, but that worked pretty fine with me.

2. It depends. My strategy is that, I will always sell all of my altcoins during the bull run, so sometimes, I hold an altcoin for a year, sometimes in 2 or 3 years. Which coins am I holding? ATOM, TIA, and SUI composes a huge portion of my altcoin portfolio, and the others are just a small fraction (around 3-5%).

Overall, holding altcoins is very exciting because it's more volatile compare to Bitcoin. It will be more exciting if you will be holding altcoins that are at at least at the bottom 100. Of course always do your research before investing because anytime, these altcoins can just go down in price, and you might end up at a loss.

Offline Power420

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1311
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 02:37:28 AM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster 1000 Posts Poll Starter
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2024, 07:31:09 AM »
It is true that holding altcoins can bring more benefits, but the risks are much higher. Altcoins have the potential to get wiped out of the market very easily and siphon off many investors' money. So I'm basically more confident to invest in Bitcoins because the chances of getting wiped out from the market are very low. FTX, LUNA and many other platforms are completely destroyed from the market so I invest small amount of money for fear of losing money. And have invested more money in Bitcoin from which I am ready to get huge benefits. "Bitcoin is supreme" for long-term holdings, and Ethereum naturally has to do.

Offline Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 866
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 04:10:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2024, 04:17:17 PM »
~
  • How many years if surety do you have in HODLing altcoins and which altcoins are you currently HODLing?
1. A bit of research, a bit of knowledge towards the project, a little bit of instinct, and a little bit of luck. :D Seriously, I've been investing into altcoins for a long time already, and excluding meme coins (because they are simply shitcoins), all of the altcoins that I invested with ends up giving me some small to huge profits. I mean ALL. My strategy? Don't sell at a loss. :D If you need to hold it for years, and as long as you trust the project then do it. :). Kind of funny, but that worked pretty fine with me.

2. It depends. My strategy is that, I will always sell all of my altcoins during the bull run, so sometimes, I hold an altcoin for a year, sometimes in 2 or 3 years. Which coins am I holding? ATOM, TIA, and SUI composes a huge portion of my altcoin portfolio, and the others are just a small fraction (around 3-5%).

Overall, holding altcoins is very exciting because it's more volatile compare to Bitcoin. It will be more exciting if you will be holding altcoins that are at at least at the bottom 100. Of course always do your research before investing because anytime, these altcoins can just go down in price, and you might end up at a loss.

-   You're not the only one doing what you're doing mate, there are many of us here who don't just rely on just one asset in the crypto space to make a profit. Because we believe that it is not enough to put eggs in one basket.

That's why what we do is we save a lot of eggs and hide them in different baskets because everything we can see that will make a profit we will invest here whether short or long-term.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2024, 04:17:17 PM »

Offline Geey

• Activity: 933
  • Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: May 02, 2024, 01:35:52 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2024, 04:54:05 PM »

Agree. Newbies must have knowledge about trading and crypto first before they start to trade. It is a must to do, they will have no idea about trading in a proper way without knowledge. Sure, they will get difficulties if they don't have knowledge, it will be hard to deal with the market volatility and trends in crypto market.

Newbies must focus on learning, they must avoid to invest as well. Investing in crypto coins also need good knowledge. It is impossible to succeed in trading or investing without knowledge.
That's right, in starting a business like investing in cryptocurrencies you have to have a lot of knowledge and have a lot of information about crypto... for beginners they have to find out how to become a professional investor and also have time to monitor market movements even they have to communicate with many people about crypto trading...
If they have done all that, I'm sure they will slowly find out how to get a lot of profit from what they invest
SWG.IO.
Smart World
Global Token
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██████████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▄█████▀▒▒▀█████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▀██▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▀█▀▒▒▒
▄███▄▒▒▒▒▒▄████▄▒▒▒▒▒▄███▄
▀██▀▒▒▒▒▒▀████▀▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▄▒▒▀▀▒▒▄██▄
▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▄▒▒▄█████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██████████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀
BINANCE
#SWGT
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
.BUY NOW.
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███  ICOHOLDER  ███
✅ TOP-3 PRE-SALE
✅ 4.45 RATING

Offline Evgenklm

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2055
  • Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited
  • Last Active: April 08, 2024, 09:02:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2024, 08:33:34 PM »
When choosing altcoins for HODLing, I tend to stick to established and widely recognized projects, such as Ethereum ,Solana, DOT, LINK. They have a strong technological innovation potential.These projects have strong fundamentals and support in the community.It is important to highlight that altcoins are generally riskier and subject to greater volatility than Bitcoin and other major cryptocurrencies.Altcoins for holding, which I personally always consider from the top 20 CMC, then the coins are more risky, I’m not always sure about them.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 08:40:26 PM by Evgenklm »
SWG.IO.
Smart World
Global Token
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██████████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▄█████▀▒▒▀█████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▀██▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▀█▀▒▒▒
▄███▄▒▒▒▒▒▄████▄▒▒▒▒▒▄███▄
▀██▀▒▒▒▒▒▀████▀▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▄▒▒▀▀▒▒▄██▄
▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▄▒▒▄█████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██████████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀
BINANCE
#SWGT
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
.BUY NOW.
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███  ICOHOLDER  ███
✅ TOP-3 PRE-SALE
✅ 4.45 RATING

Offline Captain Corporate

• Activity: 1061
  • Last Active: Today at 12:42:21 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes Topic Starter
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2024, 09:24:03 PM »
Having a certain strong one that you hold for a long time is not really that bad, its actually a good idea, I think it would actually be a nice thing for people, I do support that. However, it also means that we are looking into "all" altcoins in this discussion and I can say that %99 of them are shit, and they are not worth holding. Remember, when you think of alts yourself, you think of maybe five, if lucky ten names, not 150, and we have tens of thousands of them out there in the world. So it is clear that you have to make a correct choice, it would not be smart to make a move that would not be a solid high level one.

Offline masudginanjar

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1854
  • Anonymous Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: February 20, 2024, 06:52:33 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2024, 12:06:33 PM »
My Altcoins experience didn't have a very strong influence on my mind because when I got altcoins for free I immediately sold them.
Maybe in the past on altcoinstalks there were also some bounties that paid with altcoins and now there are still those, but when I got the tokens I immediately sold them.
I don't have a good experience holding altcoins because I have a very busy real job and have a wife at home and need a lot of living expenses to survive in this real world. Maybe it will feel different for those who are not married and don't have a wife.
THORMIXER██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  Anonymous Bitcoin Mixer 
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀███▄
▄████████████▄▄██▀██▄
▄█████████████▀██▄████▄
▄██████████████▄▀██████▄
██████████████▀█▄████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████▄█▀████████
▀██████████████▀▄██████▀
▀█████████████▄██▀████▀
▀████████████▀▀██▄██▀
▀██████████▄▄███▀
▀▀███████▀▀

ONION
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
START MIX.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██████

Offline DaNNy001

• Activity: 591
  • Anonymous Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: May 20, 2024, 09:23:41 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2024, 11:14:59 PM »
I know there are other altcoins worth HODLing but I guess my knowledge is quite vague about investing and HODLing altcoins and so I will like to ask the questions.
You are not the only one with this curiousity and one thing that really marvelled me was when one of my friend actually clear me about a fact which was the fact that Bitcoin itself started like every altcoin out there with little or no value at all and it grew overtime as people start buying and using it so there is every tendency that a particular altcoins can replicate such but I made him understand one important difference between the two coins, which I told him that the decentralization of Bitcoin is what made it unique and special because the government can actually just hod anyone response and forced them to do their biddings.

Offline Doctor

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1955
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2024, 03:48:53 AM »
My Altcoins experience didn't have a very strong influence on my mind because when I got altcoins for free I immediately sold them.
Maybe in the past on altcoinstalks there were also some bounties that paid with altcoins and now there are still those, but when I got the tokens I immediately sold them.
I don't have a good experience holding altcoins because I have a very busy real job and have a wife at home and need a lot of living expenses to survive in this real world. Maybe it will feel different for those who are not married and don't have a wife.

Hold reward from bounty is very risky. Because I see many bounty coins are worthless at the next several years. Why we must hold the altcoin from bounties. I think signature campaign which paid in BTC is better to hold than you hold altcoin from bounty. If we want hold altcoin, I suggest you hold top coins,  not from bounty.

▄█▀
▐█▄    ▄██▄    ▄█▀ ██                          ██
███   ▄████   ▄█▀ ▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄
███  ▄█▀███  ▄█▀ ██▌ ▄██▀▄▀██▌ █▀  ▄█▀       ▄██▌ ▄██▀ ▀▄
███ ▄█▀▐███ ██▀ ██▌ ▐███▀ ▄█▀    ▄█▀        ▄██▌ ▄██   ▄▀
▐██▄█▀  █████▀ ▐██  ███  ▐██   ▄█▀          ██▀  ██▌  ▄▀
 ▀██▀   ▀██▀    ▀█  ▀█   ▀█  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀  ██ ▀█    ▀███▀

Casino & Sports Betting
B O O S T E D
R E W A R D S

FOR CRYPTO PLAYERS
         ▐█▌                        ▄▄
▐██      ██ ▄▄  ▄   █▌ █████      ▄███▄
▐██     ▐█▌ ██  ██ ▐█   ▄██     ▄██████▄
██▌     ██ ▐█▌ ███▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▀▀▀██████▄
██▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██  ██▀██▌ ▄██▄▄      ▐███▌
██▌▄██▄██ ▐█▌ ██▌ ▀▀  █▀▀▀       ████
▐███████  ██  ▀▀            ▄   ▐███▌
▐███▀██         ▄▄▄▄████   ▐███▄████
 █▀
    ▄▄▄ ███ █████████   ████████▌
      ████ ███ ████▄███▌  ▐██ ▀▀███
     ▐███▌▐██▌▐████████   █▀      ▀
     ████████▌▐███▀▀▀▀   ▐▀
     ▀▀▀████▀ ████
▄██      ██▌▄██  ██▌▀██████▀██████ ██
███     ▐██ ██▌ ▐██ ▐██    ▐██    ▐█▌
███     ██▌▐██ ▄██▌ █████  █████  ██
███ ▄█ ▐██ ███████ ▐██    ▐██    ▐█▌
███▄█████ ▐██  ██▌ ██▄▄██ ██▄▄██ █████
▐███████  ██▌ ▐██ ▐██▀▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀  ▀▀
▐██▀ ▀▀  ▀▀▀
   ▄▄     ██   ▄   ▄ ████
      ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ██    ▐█▌▐█ ██ ██  ▄█▀
     █  █ █▄  ▐██    ██ █▌▐████▌ ▄█▀
     █  █ █   ▐██ ▄▄▐█▌▐█▌▐█ ██ ████▀
     ▀▀▀  ▀    ██▄████ ██ ▀▀
               ██████
               ██▀ ▀
BTC
ETH
LTC
DOGE
USDT
USDC
XRP
TRX
BNB
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████

Offline $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1799
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 06:01:17 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2024, 12:44:58 PM »

Hold reward from bounty is very risky. Because I see many bounty coins are worthless at the next several years. Why we must hold the altcoin from bounties. I think signature campaign which paid in BTC is better to hold than you hold altcoin from bounty. If we want hold altcoin, I suggest you hold top coins,  not from bounty.
While there are some that eventually become valuable altcoins, there are not many of them. There is actually nothing wrong with holding altcoins from bounty results because we get them for free just by joining the campaign. But if we want to sell it then that's not wrong either.

I think it's better to sell it and then buy more valuable coins. Or if we believe altcoins from bounties can be very valuable coins, we can hold as much as 20% for example, for the other part we can sell, then buy bitcoin, or whatever we want.

Online Uruhara

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1231
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 10:12:14 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Quick Poster Topic Starter
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2024, 02:19:52 PM »
Users who do not have experience and knowledge about trading must be at a disadvantage if they go to trade. Before starting a trading business a user needs to gain experience about the crypto market and the volatility in the market and when the market is pumping and dumping. Moreover, one should always start a business with caution and never start training without sufficient funds. However, it is always risky for a user to start trading in altcoins with the expectation of high profit. Both holding and trading are risky in altcoins but holding bitcoins can be profitable, while in altcoins it can lose money at any time.
So true. That's why Bitcoin is much safer for beginners. Meanwhile, altcoins can sometimes be riskier for beginners. But one interesting thing is that beginners sometimes enter the world of crypto first by getting to know altcoins. Whether it's from an airdrop or something like that. Only then will he realize that Bitcoin is much safer than altcoins. But in crypto trading, even old crypto users sometimes are still not skilled at trading and the reason is usually not because they don't have analytical insight but usually because they still can't control their emotions in trading itself.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG