follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Which ICO in 2017-2018 left the strongest impression on you?  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Captain Corporate

• Activity: 1068
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 01:51:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes Topic Starter
Re: Which ICO in 2017-2018 left the strongest impression on you?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2024, 08:58:05 PM »
ADA was from that period, in fact BNB is from that period as well. People see them as high so they do not remember, but I was around when binance didn't even existed, and they did ICO to get all the money they had, and sold BNB and then they ended up growing this big. I did not expected them to be this big so that is not an easy thing to do, it has to be something that will take a while. It has to be one of the biggest ones, anyone who invested during that time, even if just a thousand dollars, on their early period, they would probably be rich enough to retire right now. Thats the type of investment everyone should look out for.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2024, 08:58:05 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline alltalk

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3609
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 9
  • Last Active: May 24, 2024, 11:25:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2024, 09:45:52 PM »
I don't have any experience making money with ICO project campaigns because I never got around to it. However, I heard that during 2017, there was a lot of profit in ICOs because it can be compared to the executive income of participants in ICO campaigns.

It's a shame I didn't catch that time, but that's okay because it wasn't too late for me to learn about cryptocurrency. And until now, I've been getting profit apart from the campaigns I'm part of and crypto trading.
Do you never join any ICO? No problem if you don't join ICO, you can focus on investing and trading only. There were many ICOs in 2017, 2018, and 2019. Many people could earn good amount of money from those ICOs but many people also failed to get money because many ICOs were scams. I also ever got some tokens but I failed to sell in the right time. Now, the tokens become shit tokens, there is no clear development on the projects and the prices tend to always drop. If you follow ICOs someday, you need to sell the tokens from the ICOs as long as the tokens still have good prices. Don't be greedy and wait for it skyrockets, it sometimes never skyrockets!!

█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1806
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 11:28:55 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter Quick Poster Karma Good
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2024, 01:15:33 AM »
Indeed it was a crazy era, if my memory serves me right, there was one ICO that I join and it's all on medical sector that time as it was the craze early 2018. And it really give me a good profits in return and I was really surprised by it. My investment turns into thousands of dollars in just 2 weeks.

However, I have to pull it up, as the profit is already good enough for me.

And then reinvestment the money that I got in offline business and that's all good.

Offline taufik123

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1734
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 24, 2024, 11:58:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster Topic Starter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2024, 11:50:50 PM »
Indeed it was a crazy era, if my memory serves me right, there was one ICO that I join and it's all on medical sector that time as it was the craze early 2018. And it really give me a good profits in return and I was really surprised by it. My investment turns into thousands of dollars in just 2 weeks.
Not only in the medical sector, but all ICOs were almost successful in those years because many new crypto users entered and were interested in ICOs.
I followed a lot of Bounties for ICOs that were active and received sizable payouts back then.

There are many projects that hold ICOs and hardcap achieved, tried to follow some ICOs as well and were quite successful.
The most successful when entering the era of IDO (Initial Dex Offering) is the continuation after ICO.

Getting a BSCPAD project is quite hype and goes up to thousands of dollars.
From the IDO price of $0.015 it goes up to $7 and it gives thousands of percent profit, which is incredible.

Online bounceback

• Activity: 928
  • Last Active: Today at 04:49:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Karma Good 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2024, 04:18:32 PM »
I can't forget with the ICO era around 2017 to 2018 because many worth coins invested and raise higher price after listing on the market, CENTRA COIN is most profitable coin from ICO I bought because success listed on the top market such as Binance, sold on higher price around $4 with ICO price very cheapest but has bad the end for this coins after investigating by SEC Commission and that coins today have been scam.
Still had many ICO coins with much profitable but can't memorize all, wish one day later has second chance for joining with ICO project and many trusted of owner success listing their coin with top market.

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: May 20, 2024, 09:57:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2024, 04:25:58 PM »

However, I have to pull it up, as the profit is already good enough for me.

And then reinvestment the money that I got in offline business and that's all good.
ICO is in the medical sector because it aims to be a solution to the COVID outbreak that is currently circulating, but basically this virus has been successfully overcome and there is no need to panic anymore. Now we have moved to the world of digital development and will try to become a fairly sophisticated country with the economic sector, defense, and increasingly sophisticated telecommunications networks.

Online KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2970
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 04:24:42 PM
    • View Profile

Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2024, 11:28:44 PM »
I can't forget with the ICO era around 2017 to 2018 because many worth coins invested and raise higher price after listing on the market, CENTRA COIN is most profitable coin from ICO I bought because success listed on the top market such as Binance, sold on higher price around $4 with ICO price very cheapest but has bad the end for this coins after investigating by SEC Commission and that coins today have been scam.
Still had many ICO coins with much profitable but can't memorize all, wish one day later has second chance for joining with ICO project and many trusted of owner success listing their coin with top market.
Congratulations, you are one of the lucky ICO investors and have profited from ICO in 2017. Many investors have become rich when they easily got huge profits in a short period of time from these new projects, sometimes just one project with a token price increasing 50 times compared to the ICO price is enough to change the financial position in this market.

Currently, the crypto market still welcomes many new projects through IEO, IDO, launchpool, launchpad, you can follow and find good projects like Arb, Op, Dym, Pendle...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2024, 11:28:44 PM »

Online DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 04:19:17 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2024, 11:08:02 PM »
One of the best ICO is the IOTA project. The investment was at the level of 0.2 bitcoins, at its peak, or more correctly, when I withdrew the funds - it was approximately 18 bitcoins. At that time I sold not through the exchange, but through the project’s chat, which had a cool “console” bot built in that made transactions. Due to the large volume of tokens and scattered demand “on the exchange”, I had to prepare about 5 transactions and wait for the moment when the demand was commensurate with my supply :)

Offline Trongduy

• Activity: 1042
  • Tengri Privacy tools
  • Last Active: Today at 11:00:34 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    1000 Posts 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2024, 01:41:17 AM »
1. In 2017, I participated in ICO, because I saw friends and many channels talking about the potential of ICO, as a new form of capital mobilization to replace IPO for convenience and cost savings, reaching global investors...
2. The project I participate in is GoldReward (hope I don't remember a wrong name), MLM and high interest loans like Bitconnect!
3. This project failed shortly after the demise of Bitconnect, and it never came back!
4. Nothing. Initially the project was good, my investment of $150 turned into $570 thanks to the increase in token price, but my account was taken over by bad guys. The reason is that I created an account through fake myetherwallet website from a KOL. At least I got my first lesson in this market 😂
I didn't invest any money because I was scared at that time, but I still knew a few MLM projects. That time I also wanted to buy Regal coin, but because I didn't know how to buy tokens in the ICO, I didn't participate because I couldn't buy it, but it was also a stroke of luck.

At that time, some people I knew invested in Regal coin and lost it all. A few years later, they shared that they had invested. When they lost money, they were too embarrassed to tell anyone. Some people still thought about it, but luckily they didn't do anything foolish. The guys who got in early and won the Bitconnect bet with Fistcoin were already rich at that time. They switched to traditional business and continued to enjoy themselves.
▄█▄
▄█████▄
██▀███▀██
▄███▄████▄███▄
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▄█▄██▀█▀███████▀█▀██▄█▄
▄█████▄█████████████▄█████▄
▀███▀█████████████▀███▀
██▄███▄█████▄███▄██
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▀█▀██▄█▄██▀█▀
▄█████▄
▀███▀
TENGRI CRYPTO
ZERO
LOGS
NO
REGISTRATION
NO
JS
24/7
SUPPORT
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
███████████▌▄██████████
█████████████████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Online Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 873
  • Last Active: Today at 04:30:51 PM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2024, 01:48:10 AM »
     -   I didn't get to the 2017 ICO, but according to what I read in the other forum, it is said that many people experienced good profits during 2017. Is that the type of income of the participants who participated in the campaign? equal to their earnings.

In which I think it looks true. Although it is said that it is worth a few months of waiting because once the reward token is distributed to the participants, it is said that the equivalent profit is large when it is sold on the exchange.

Online KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2024, 11:59:22 PM »
One of the best ICO is the IOTA project. The investment was at the level of 0.2 bitcoins, at its peak, or more correctly, when I withdrew the funds - it was approximately 18 bitcoins. At that time I sold not through the exchange, but through the project’s chat, which had a cool “console” bot built in that made transactions. Due to the large volume of tokens and scattered demand “on the exchange”, I had to prepare about 5 transactions and wait for the moment when the demand was commensurate with my supply :)
Wow, 18 Btc is a huge amount and the best proof that Iota has brought you success in this crypto market. It's a pity because Iota is a good project but the token price cannot create a new ATH in the 2021 uptrend, I hope Iota will not disappoint investors this year.

I didn't invest any money because I was scared at that time, but I still knew a few MLM projects. That time I also wanted to buy Regal coin, but because I didn't know how to buy tokens in the ICO, I didn't participate because I couldn't buy it, but it was also a stroke of luck.

At that time, some people I knew invested in Regal coin and lost it all. A few years later, they shared that they had invested. When they lost money, they were too embarrassed to tell anyone. Some people still thought about it, but luckily they didn't do anything foolish. The guys who got in early and won the Bitconnect bet with Fistcoin were already rich at that time. They switched to traditional business and continued to enjoy themselves.
It's your luck because the majority of investors in MLM projects in 2017 lost money, only a very few were profitable because they joined very early. Ponzi models do not bring any value to the community, they only bring wealth to the scammers.

-   I didn't get to the 2017 ICO, but according to what I read in the other forum, it is said that many people experienced good profits during 2017. Is that the type of income of the participants who participated in the campaign? equal to their earnings.

In which I think it looks true. Although it is said that it is worth a few months of waiting because once the reward token is distributed to the participants, it is said that the equivalent profit is large when it is sold on the exchange.
Along with the emergence of ICOs and extremely successful projects, bounty campaigns also help many hunters earn a lot of profit, which can reach thousands of USD in a good campaign. The problem was just that it was very difficult to choose the best campaigns to participate in, everything we had in 2017 was just a WhitePaper of projects and there wasn't as much of a fundamental analysis team as there is now.

Offline Rubel007

• Activity: 1110
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 24, 2024, 06:43:16 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    1000 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2024, 12:17:46 AM »
2017 and 2018 were called the golden era for ICOs and it is difficult to predict whether the amount of money raised during that time will ever be possible again in the cryptocurrency world by ICO. Those who invested in some good projects at that time achieved their success quickly and scam project owners also had a good time at that time. They fulfilled their purpose in a short time. However, the confidence and knowledge of investors in cryptocurrency is increasing day by day and people are able to understand their flaws. As a result, it is no longer easy for a person to steal money by issuing fake projects by talking about ICOs. The amount of projects that were able to raise their fun in 2017 and 2018 is not possible now. At that time almost most of the ICO projects were successful but the scammers deliberately scammed.

Offline bitterguy28

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1218
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 01:51:45 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2024, 05:41:27 AM »
The ICO craze of 2017-2018 was a wild ride that left an indelible mark on the crypto landscape. While some projects like Cardano (ADA) emerged as giants, many others faded into obscurity, or worse[1], were exposed as scams[2].
2017-2018 is also the year when thousands if not million have become the victim of scams ,actually more than the good project is the scam one , lucky in my side that never I trusted ICO/IEO .

Unfortunately, I was among those who experienced the sting of losses, having invested in the Credits (CS) project. Despite its promising initial promise, the CS token price plummeted over the years, dropped 266 times from its ATH price. The experience was disheartening, and I've largely tried to put it behind me, focusing on my current work in translation.

I'm curious to hear your experiences during that era:
  • Did you participate in any ICOs during 2017-2018?
  • If participated, which one left the most lasting impression on you?
  • That ICO turned out to be a success or a failure?
  • That ICO brought you profit or loss?

References:
[1] Nearly Half of 2017’s Cryptocurrency 'ICO' Projects Have Already Died
[2] Over 80% ICO projects in 2017 are ‘identified scams,’ Statis study finds

Note:
  • It was posted first in that topic, on Bitcointalk
  • I leave the source link to avoid plagiarism accusation.
  • I excluded/ included minor things from an original thread if necessary.
I think you experienced losses because of greedy attitude .

Means you have seen its ATH but you seek for even more this is why you are trapped in the lowest form.

Offline bayu7adi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1210
  • Last Active: Today at 03:00:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2024, 07:22:55 AM »

Means you have seen its ATH but you seek for even more this is why you are trapped in the lowest form.
No one knows if it's the peak or not when a project is still in its infancy. Just like with other coins, it might have hit a peak before, but we don't know if a new peak will form in the future or not. It's just unpredictable.

I've been keeping an eye on Credits' ICO, where the coin sales were really quick and hit the hard cap. But I couldn't predict that the future of CS Token would be this rough. Only BNB's ICO seems quite successful and has lasted till now, in my opinion.

Online KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2024, 12:30:36 AM »
2017 and 2018 were called the golden era for ICOs and it is difficult to predict whether the amount of money raised during that time will ever be possible again in the cryptocurrency world by ICO. Those who invested in some good projects at that time achieved their success quickly and scam project owners also had a good time at that time. They fulfilled their purpose in a short time. However, the confidence and knowledge of investors in cryptocurrency is increasing day by day and people are able to understand their flaws. As a result, it is no longer easy for a person to steal money by issuing fake projects by talking about ICOs. The amount of projects that were able to raise their fun in 2017 and 2018 is not possible now. At that time almost most of the ICO projects were successful but the scammers deliberately scammed.
ICO 2017-2018 was the first time that investors could easily access a form of potential investment that could be x10 and x100 so quickly, and the madness has reached its peak thanks to the success of projects that are nothing but WhitePaper.

Now that investors are more experienced, they can analyze projects carefully and do not easily put money into projects that are less transparent, have no value proposition, or lack reasonable tokenomics. Perhaps ICO will never come back, investors can participate in IEO, IDO and ILO in the market, they are also very potential and safer than ICO.

Yes, I had too high expectations for the project's potential. I thought that CS would be as successful as ETH thanks to superior technology and many large partners in 2018. However, everything just stopped at expectations, the Credits project did not have a chance to do that, it still exists but is hardly mentioned by anyone anymore. This is a big lesson for me to better understand the financial market and act better in the uptrend of 2021 and 2025.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG