follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: [FUN QUESTION] What Would you Do if You Find Yourself In this Situation?  (Read 901 times)

Offline Fivestar4everMVP

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2080
  • Get Hot Mining Hot for free on Telegram
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: Today at 07:22:49 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster Poll Starter Karma Bad
So, guys and ladies..
I was thinking of something to discuss here, something that may likely not happen, but still very realistic and with slim chances of it happening, so, this idea came into my head, and I've actually asked myself this question over and over again, and the Answer in my head made me discover that, I may not actually trust myself completely to do  the right thing at all times, and I can't really explain how it makes me feel..

So, I am going to ask you guys the same question, and one thing I ask of is, that we all look inward ourself, look outward as well, think about how far this can take you in life, and your family as well, and be very honest with your answer.

THE QUESTION
Lets say you woke one morning, and decided to check one of your wallets, and amazingly, you found $1 million dollars worth of bitcoin sitting there, this money was mistakenly sent to your wallet from a wallet address you do not know who it belongs to, but you are very sure it's not from an exchange.

What will you do?
Will you immediately sent the money back to the address it came from?
Or would you keep and spend it?
Or would you just it leave it for a very long time with touching it? If yes, for how long are you going to leave it? And at the end, what will you still do?

Lets have a good discussion on this please..
...HOT.app......Because.It's.Gonna.Be HUGE......Mine.HOT on Telegram...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Nwada001

• Activity: 736
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 21, 2024, 12:23:39 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    500 Posts Karma Karma Good
First, I will start by saying the amount in question is a very tempting amount of money, which will take a lot of thinking before someone can come to a conclusion about what to do.

If such is to happen to me, the first thing I will ask is how come about this money because it's a very big amount of money that someone can't just mistakenly send to an unknown address like that.

The next thing I will do is start investigating the sender's address, where they used to send coins, and if the address has not been blacklisted or not. When I talk about an address being blacklisted, I mean if the address has not been marked as a scam address under surveillance.

After getting the information, the next thing I will do is leave the wallet and the bitcoin for the main time and watch if such a case will be reported, and as such, the sender is likely to report it to any news, so if there is not, which has been done after a few weeks, I can't guarantee I will wait for months, but I will give a few weeks to watch the situation.

And after that, I will move the bitcoin to another wallet, where I will use any mixer to mix it bit by bit and send it to separate wallets.

The reason why I won't send it back to the sender's address is that either the sender might not be the owner or maybe the wallet has been hacked. In the process of the hacker trying to send it out, they mistakenly sent it to the wrong address, so there is no guarantee that if I send the coin back, the owner will actually get its hand on them.

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1200
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 01:24:10 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
THE QUESTION
Lets say you woke one morning, and decided to check one of your wallets, and amazingly, you found $1 million dollars worth of bitcoin sitting there, this money was mistakenly sent to your wallet from a wallet address you do not know who it belongs to, but you are very sure it's not from an exchange.

What will you do?
Or would you just it leave it for a very long time with touching it? If yes, for how long are you going to leave it? And at the end, what will you still do?

LOL, OP, you wouldn't believe that I use to have this kind of thoughts when I was still new in the cryptocurrency space. What actually gave me that kind of mindset is because I actually received an erroneous transaction to my bank account, where the sender sent about $200 to my bank account years back, while I was still in my early 19. When I received that money in my account, I was even scared to visit the bank because I felt maybe some scammers have sent stolen money to my account to victimize me, so I just left the money in that account, and before it was gone a week later, the bank retracted the money and sent me a message that someone mistakenly sent the money to my account. As a matter of fact, people still make such kind of mistakes in my country, by mistakenly sending money to a different bank account, because they make a mistake while inputting the account number. 

With such experience in the traditional banking system, I actually thought, it will also be possible for such incidents to happen in the cryptocurrency space, but I don't see that happening quite ofoften. 

More often, I deal in Bitcoin-Transactions because of the business I do, so if I wake up any morning and see such a value of Bitcoin in my Wallet, I will just assume that someone of my customers or supply has mistakenly pushed their money to my Wallet. I will stay calm and wait for some weeks to see if they'd ask me, but if they don't, I might be tempted to just use the Bitcoin for personal needs. 

Offline Fivestar4everMVP

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2080
  • Get Hot Mining Hot for free on Telegram
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: Today at 07:22:49 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster Poll Starter Karma Bad
@Nwada001, that was or is a well thought out plan there  ;D, but I have to ask, is there actually any need of doing all of those investigations? Let's say in the process of this investigation, you discover that the address the bitcoins came from was blacklisted either as a scammer/hacker or whatever, will this make you send the bitcoins back? Wouldn't you rather just mix the coins and receive them as a clean coins with another bitcoin wallet thank God for changing your life?

@Dr.Bitcoin_Strange, first, let me say that i also have mistakenly sent money to another person's bank account, and unfortunately, I never got that money till today, even after I visited the bank, they asked me to get an order from court, I did all that all that and provided other documents they requested for, but then, the money never got refunded to me.

And coming back crypto, I have actually made that mistake of sending coins to another wallet by mistake, but I was just lucky the day I made that mistake, for the wallet I mistakenly sent the coins to happened to be one of my old wallets I've stopped using, I had the address pinned in my clipboard, I mistakenly pasted that address instead of pasting the one I just copied.

And someone I know though not very close to me have also made mistake through this same very means, he pasted the wrong address from his clipboard, and send the coins without first verifying the address, bitcoin worth around $280 dollars at the time, he sent the coins to an address he doesn't know who it belonged to, he never got the coins back..
...HOT.app......Because.It's.Gonna.Be HUGE......Mine.HOT on Telegram...

Online joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1808
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 10:09:18 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
I did have a similar experience, albeit with smaller amounts. Luckily I have access to the sender so I just sent it back to their address after confirming that he made a mistake. If the situation you described happened to me, I guess it depends on what the status of the coins is. If it is clean, I'll leave it for a while and see if anyone contacts me from the blockchain to something similar. If it is not clean, I'll probably send it to a burn address. At the end of the day, it is not my money, and I'm sure somebody else is freaking out over it and would rather have it back unless they are scammers. If nobody is contacting me after years of holding those coins, maybe I'll just burn it too. But who knows, my situation could change and there is no guarantee I won't succumb to the temptation of liquidating or using it for my purpose.

Offline bounceback

• Activity: 915
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 04:55:17 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Karma Good 500 Posts Karma
For all cryptocurrency transactions, it is very easy to trace the sender, if one day a coin with a large enough estimate strays into my wallet, I would prefer to return it. Regardless of whether someone sent it by mistake or it was just a fad from someone randomly giving assets to another wallet. I remember with similar cases when my friend received BNB balance after some one incorrect input memo number and bad thing my friend not refund the BNB worth more than $10k.

Depend on know or not the sender, if can't detect with sender difficult to refund but if can track who send maybe he has little mistake I think better refund it.

Offline Bspend

• 1st Step
  • Activity: 1
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 12:27:56 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 3
    First Post Linux User Mobile User
A very funny question indeed, and to be honest, i sincerely doubt anybody will return such an amount of money, not when you don't know who owns the address the money was sent from, and who ever sent it don't also know who he or she sent that money to, so for, me, if I was to be in such possibly, I sincere doubt I will return the money, except the person makes a public report stating that who ever he or she sent that money to should return it, and I come across that report, then I may consider sending it back.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Offline Sim_card

• Activity: 887
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 11:17:00 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
Nothing much to say on this topic, since you will see the sender address from which the bitcoin was transferred from to your wallet. The best thing is to send it back, no matter how much it is. This will make you not have fear on anything that will come up, because you don't know whose coins they are, being on the safe side will be is nice. If you keep the coins, some day, you might lose a valuable that worth amount or greater than that amount. Personally, I can't say what I will do if such happens to me, until when that time comes.

Offline Sokani

• Activity: 466
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 03:50:09 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Karma
I know many persons will be tempted to keep the Bitcoin to themselves but what is not yours, is not yours. So I'll return the Bitcoin and have peace of mind. Who knows? It could be someone who knows you, and who you must have had some business dealings with and wanted to put your integrity to test, to truly know the kind of person you are. If you fail the test, you've betrayed the trust and the person would collect his fund since he can prove he sent you the bitcoin.

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4269
  • Last Active: Today at 05:08:44 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Quick Poster 50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary

This is actually a very hypothetical question all because there is really a slim chance it could happen to me or even anyone in my small circle of family, friends, relative and neighbors. Now, having said that, let assumed that one day the Lady of Luck really give me a big smile and out of millions of people with a cryptocurrency wallet someone send me Bitcoin and the value of it is around $1 million dollars worth and it is just sitting there...definitely not standing, not running but just sitting (kidding) meaning that I can spend the amount of Bitcoin in any way I want to. I can send it to another wallet to maybe help me evade someone tracing it (I know this is not the way to do it) or maybe I can send it to Coinomize (my signature below, guys) so as to make that Bitcoin anonymous. Had it been valued at just maybe $10 or even $100 for that matter then I would not anymore bother to take the time to ponder this question: Should I return that Bitcoin to the sender since I am sure it was a big mistake done on his part? Actually, there is no easy answer to this as we know that we are all greedy with different levels of it...and we know that we all need the money all the time but we also know that maybe the sender is actually crying high and low for making such a mistake (which he/she could have avoided in the first place if educated on the precautions to take). So to answer that question, yes I would return the million-dollar Bitcoin but for disturbing my peace I would be asking for a commission which I would negotiate with the sender. How I wish I would be the one to be receiving this Bitcoin...

Offline Odohu

• Activity: 348
  • Last Active: April 10, 2024, 10:38:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Karma Good Linux User Mobile User
If I receive such amount of money, I will not be in a rush to do anything yet because I have to know the source of the funds and how it got into my wallet. Such information will always be posted in the social media because its such a big amount. Apart from waiting to see social media posts, I will do my background checks to know where the money came from using websites like https://www.walletexplorer.com/ that identifies the exchange where transaction came from incase it was sent from an exchange of which it becomes easy to reach out to the exchange to harmonize how to return it.

However, if all efforts at getting through to the sender proves abortive, the chances are high that it may be a donation to my wallet from the OGs, a classical repeat of the Bitcoin faucets ;) ;) ;)

On a second thought, it could also be funds from a crime which might put me in tight trouble, so to be safe, it will be best to consult my lawyer on the best course of action to avoid getting into trouble.

Offline ABCbits

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1625
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 11:59:17 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Quick Poster Search Poll Voter
What will you do?

If it sent to address that i share publicly (e.g. address for signature campaign), i probably will wait until people who claim as the owner contact me. Otherwise, i'll do one of things which already stated by other member.

No, if it comes from custodial service/wallet, it won't return to the rightful owner and will cause additional complexity for both owner and custodial service/wallet.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 16058
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 02:38:15 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
THE QUESTION

What will you do?
I just saved your link to answer seriously when I receive $1M in BTC ^^

And here is my answer now, when I still don't see $1M in my account:
I don't want to keep other people's money, especially when it could be the whole family's savings.
I don't want to use it because it might be BTC related to hackers, I don't want to be prosecuted or waste time in court because of this.
I thought I could use Inscription to create an NFT on the Bitcoin blockchain and then send it to the account that transferred $1M in BTC to me. I will contact him and talk about this matter.
I may also report to the court to avoid getting involved in any dangerous incidents in the future.
██████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 953
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:14:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
THE QUESTION

What will you do?

In life there's nothing too impossible to achieve, this may be the very first and last of its kind of opportunity to ever happened to us provided that we are that lucky to see it in reality, but lets quickly run a check on the possibility to this occurrence, bitcoin transactions are irreversible, when someone make mistake on receiving address, he is more likely to have lost the bitcoin for good because its not like bank where if you made a mistake, it goes to another mans account

lastly, if this happened, then am ever lucky in my life and there's nothing to do than to claim it.

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1676
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 10:48:40 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search

i will immediately send the coins to COINOMIZE.BIZand mix them and send them to everyone in here. all of you will be an accomplice to what i did and i think we should all be fine about it. i don't think the guy will look for us and send us all to jail.  i will divide the coins equally so no one will ever snitch us here. we are going to work together to keep it secret because we are all accomplices.

on a serious note, i will probably look into the background of the owner off the wallet. maybe he need the money the most, returning it to him will be best. if i find out he stil has tons, planA will be final.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG