follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Amazon Developing Movie on Bitcoin Money Laundering Couple Linked to Bitfinex  (Read 413 times)

Online Cordillerabit

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2911
  • Proud to be here
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 33
  • Last Active: Today at 07:08:50 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary

Amazon MGM Studios is reportedly in the early stages of developing a movie based on the exploits of the couple involved in laundering billions of dollars worth of Bitcoin connected to the 2016 hack of the cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex.

According to a report from Deadline on January 26, the film will focus on the actions of Ilya Lichtenstein and Heather Morgan, portraying them as “Bitcoin’s Bonnie and Clyde.” The script draws inspiration from a 2022 New York Times article detailing the couple’s role in laundering funds from the Bitfinex hack.

The film “Razzlekhan” will be directed and written by Hannah Marks (“Don’t Make Me Go”) and co-produced by Lili Reinhart, known for her role in “Riverdale.” “Razzlekhan” is derived from Morgan’s moniker as an “irreverent comedic rapper.”

The movie will depict the couple’s activities, including their admission to orchestrating the 2016 hack of the Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange, which resulted in the theft of 120,900 Bitcoin. U.S. authorities arrested the couple in February 2022, and the seized Bitcoin, initially worth around $54 million at the time of the hack, had surged to over $3 billion by their arrest.

Deputy Attorney General Lisa O. Monaco commented on the case, stating, “In a futile effort to maintain digital anonymity, the defendants laundered stolen funds through a labyrinth of cryptocurrency transactions.” The couple agreed to forfeit their illicit gains but could face up to 20 years in federal prison if convicted. The Justice Department announced in August 2023 that an additional $475 million tied to the heist had been recovered.

In August 2023, as part of a deal with prosecutors, Lichtenstein pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit money laundering, while Morgan pleaded guilty to money laundering conspiracy and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Source: https://cryptonews.com/news/amazon-developing-movie-on-bitcoin-money-laundering-couple-linked-to-bitfinex-hack.htm

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4274
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 06:44:47 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Quick Poster 50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary

One thing for sure, cryptocurrency has not only reached the mainstream population - though of course this can be a debatable thing - but has now entered the entertainment industry. And quite understandable, there is an element of thrill with any hacking story much more if successful and the resulting chaos and hide and seek that came after. Here in the Bitfinex hack story, we can expect a combination of actions to evade authorities both online and on the road...but finally the hackers were caught as the long arms of the law will eventually reach the tiniest crevices one maybe hiding in. With hacking together with scams now reaching a multi-billion dollar enterprise, am not surprised if this story is not going to be the last as surely there will be more considering the possible windfall financially never mind the chance of being caught and spending years in jail wearing an orange uniform. I am then looking forward for the chance to watch "Razzlekhan" online...who knows we can learn a thing or two from these guys on how to be a good hacker someday - now am just joking on that as I am very technically-challenged person.

Offline yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1829
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 05:41:43 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
I expect the movie to be very interesting because the movie's story is based on interesting facts that actually happened in the world of Crypto.

Frankly, I am excited to watch the movie to see the details of the couple’s famous hacking operation. I am familiar with the story, but I am not familiar with all the details, and watching the details through a movie is more interesting than reading.

Many exchanges hacking operations have occurred over the past years, and it will be interesting to know the behind-the-scenes events before and during the hacking process, as well as how the hacker behaves after it.

Offline Charles-Tim

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1602
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 03:32:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Karma Bad Karma Good
Amazon studio is only looking for what people will watch and make huge money from it. The movie is not anything new to me because we were following everything that happened in the news in the past, but other people may find it interesting. The movie will just be like repeating what I knew before.

It is a true life story and it should worth it. But the only reason I can like it is if how people can learn how to avoid scam and hacks to included in the movie. But those are not the main purpose of the movie and likely how to avoid scam and hack may not be included . But let us wait and see how the movie is going to be linked to scam and hack. Maybe there would be something that newbies can gain from it.

Offline Asiska02

• Activity: 786
  • Last Active: April 07, 2024, 02:59:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Karma Bad Search Signature
This should be a most watch movie because of the content the movie will entail. Amazon wouldn’t have gone this far to make a movie of the hack if it wouldn’t be worth it. The movie will serve as a reminder and a guide for people to know how this hacks work and how they can see an hack posing as this when it is about to happen.

Amazon will definitely make a lot of money from this movie but the most important part of it should be the message that will be shared. Most people that are not familiar with the hack can learn from that movie. They will try and put everything in details, so it is a most watch movie for all bitcoin enthusiasts in the space.

Offline Gurujebs

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1200
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 23, 2024, 06:48:09 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Netflix did narrative about Mt. GOX exchange, they use some scary poster just to attract viewers and yet they didn't get the attention needed, people that will really watch perhaps might came to it by mistake because the entire crypto community knows that they will exaggerate the story line just to meet their objectives, not trying to support bad things done on bitcoin but these movies will only shoot bad side of bitcoin than shoot the good side.

The only place I have seen good use of crypto was in this movie "Queen of the South", when they move money using crypto so that the government doesn't have access to their cash, it was to protect their money from the government ;D. There have been some other story of crypto movies but they should do better and help promote the good side of Crypto and not everytime about bad side. Even fiat has bad side too.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 958
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 23, 2024, 10:41:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
This also should have alot of impacts to make for the benefits of those that are so interested in watching movies, some things were better being taught in a practical way to make it more convenient for us in learning from such, there's alot top get from watching this and i believe there's also a reason behind them having interest on making a movie concerning this particular scam with Bitfinex, it might be a silent means of giving exposures.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Offline Z-tight

• Activity: 1019
  • Last Active: May 22, 2024, 05:51:02 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
Not a bad movie, and i may see it when it is eventually produced and available for viewing, watching it will be cool for me because i understand the events that happened, so i would like to see how Amazon depicts it in the movie.

I hope people actually understand what the movie is all about, without jumping into conclusion that BTC is nothing but a tool for money laundering, as all can see, they were caught because the blockchain is transparemt and it is difficult to hide your trace forever. If this couple had laundered this money in fiat, they would probably never have been caught, so it is obvious which tool is more suitable for laundering money.

Offline Stay see

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 6
  • Last Active: March 17, 2024, 07:30:45 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 2
    Topic Starter First Post
Seems like the powers that be are very afraid of crypto adoption  :)

They need full blast bad propaganda to scare newbies away

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG