follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Gamble with what you can afford to lose can actually make a good return  (Read 436 times)

Offline SmartGold01

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1216
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 11:26:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts Poll Voter Topic Starter
With all humanity, I have came across several topics and thread that speaks about gambling with what we can afford to lose, sometimes this kept me wondering and pondering why this words "Gamble with what we can afford to lose" is always common. Okay let me digress from that, and come to think of this you will see people gambling with at least $1 to $100 or even more this is dependent of what anyone can risk right? Yes!

Put this in places that if you keep those money into investment do you know how much you would gain by the end of the month or year without even you making such profits while gambling but yet we kept preaching the word "gamble with what you can afford to lose" why not some people use that same money to go into bitcoin investment or any other investment that could help their lives rather than wasting them into gambling and even secure a better winning themselves.

Does this really make sense, sometimes I have to reason twice and come to think about something very important which we don't always pay heed to because we always believe that when spending about $1 to $4 is something we can afford to lose right but, it may surprised you if you Sum all this little dollars into investment and savings you (we) would probably make a good investment and savings at the process reducing our gambling rates and lost.

Let us discuss to if this can save someone from gambling addiction.
Please I have also made this topic in another forum you can read more here

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline robelneo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1905
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 11:11:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Sixth year Anniversary Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes
Re: Gamble with what you can afford to lose can actually make a good return
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 11:50:07 PM »
We cannot take that away from people who gamble they have an urge to gamble, gambling is inherent in us there are funds allocated for taking risks they know that the money that they've used to gamble can be profitable if they invest it in an investment venture but they feel that they have to satisfy their urge to gamble whether they gamble for fun or money, as long as they gamble with money that they can afford to lose and they are happy with their decision then let them have it, it's their money and they can do whatever they want.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Uruhara

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1250
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 06:24:27 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Quick Poster Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 12:06:33 AM »
It's actually about which point of view one takes. For entrepreneurs and business people or workers who have a large income and they have stress on their minds due to work pressure. So in this case many of them go to gambling places not to make money but to relieve stress from their minds and they need fun. So many people also say that gambling is just for fun. But from another point of view, those who are always addicted to gambling are those who think that gambling can bring big profits and make them suddenly rich. And this is what must be avoided. because gambling is not to make a profit but only for fun. So the points of view here are different.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3562
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 05:08:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 11:49:21 AM »
You could phrase the title better so it doesn't become confusing.

Back to the topic, this is another example of just practice what you preach in silence and let them decide if they want to follow what you do. Personally, I don't think we should be telling other people what to do with their money. We may see them gamble but who knows if they have a hustle that we do not know about. It's possible that the money they are using comes from passive income.

~ but yet we kept preaching the word "gamble with what you can afford to lose"

Online TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4300
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 05:16:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Sixth year Anniversary Quick Poster 50 Poll Votes
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 02:46:11 PM »

Does this really make sense, sometimes I have to reason twice and come to think about something very important which we don't always pay heed to because we always believe that when spending about $1 to $4 is something we can afford to lose right but, it may surprised you if you sum all this little dollars into investment and savings you (we) would probably make a good investment and savings at the process reducing our gambling rates and lost.

I have this conviction that eventually the people who are making the most money with money are not actually the gamblers but the people behind the business of gambling...and it is a proven fact which nobody can deny. Gambling is not for all people as there are those who can not control their desire or who can not put a stop when things can start to get out of hands already. And we should not wonder why as gambling is a very addictive thing to deal with...just like smoking, drinking and even sex. And once a person is addicted, getting to something can be producing some "happy or feel good hormones" called as dopamine within making someone get satisfied and the cycle start to unravel itself and this is where many people may find themselves uncontrollable. I am glad that am not into gambling and that am not addicted into it though I have to admit that am addicted to other things like coffee which I am trying to control these days. Certainly, we got our own addictions to deal with in varying degrees so choose well the things you get addicted to.

Offline $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1828
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 08:28:03 PM
    • View Profile

Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 04:01:14 PM »
You could phrase the title better so it doesn't become confusing.

Back to the topic, this is another example of just practice what you preach in silence and let them decide if they want to follow what you do. Personally, I don't think we should be telling other people what to do with their money. We may see them gamble but who knows if they have a hustle that we do not know about. It's possible that the money they are using comes from passive income.

~ but yet we kept preaching the word "gamble with what you can afford to lose"
Now this is also what I think, I mean when they gamble using their own money that doesn't harm us, then actually we can also just keep quiet and not give them any advice, let them do something they enjoy with their own money.

But I also think of something else, I think we should also give them advice even if it doesn't harm us. For me it's not just about whether or not it's harming us, but there's something bigger than that, which is our concern for them.

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1694
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 10:23:45 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 10:14:42 PM »

^ just don't mind what they say and look at what they do.

$1-$4 isn't so big but consolidate them all for a year, plus the return of BTC price going up, that's going to be enough that you can buy significant supply of food. i guess it would harm already if you think of it this way.

but the thought of winning a large sum with the small capital is very luring for an optimistic gambler. and he is even "gambling for fun" which is what they also preach.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 10:14:42 PM »

Offline xSkylarx

• Activity: 762
  • Last Active: March 12, 2024, 04:31:22 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Karma Karma Good Linux User
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 01:40:27 PM »
People prefer to spend it and have some fun. This is the same with buying beer because others will say if you save it, then you'll be able to have some money, but even though it is true, people can't still stop it as they are having fun, so you can't really stop people from doing it. Also, in gambling, people mostly think about doubling the money they have now or having fun with it, so only a few people will be saving that money instead of betting it.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1568
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 04:00:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 02:04:37 PM »
Gamble with what you can afford to lose can actually make a good return
Not only we can make a good return but also we will be enjoying the game. But still depends on a gambler because for some even if they can afford to lose their money on gambling they still has regrets and still affected with disappointment which is for me very natural for a human. But in my case surely enjoy because I am not having negative thoughts of losing what I can afford because it was all intended for that.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3562
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 05:08:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2024, 02:43:03 PM »
~
But I also think of something else, I think we should also give them advice even if it doesn't harm us. For me it's not just about whether or not it's harming us, but there's something bigger than that, which is our concern for them.
I will only do so when they personally ask. The problem with sharing unsolicited advice is that it could be taken the wrong way and that might just push them away. When they do not see any problem with their gambling, they usually don't like suggestions to stop being shove in their throat.

Offline ajiz138

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1231
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 09:05:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 03:03:34 PM »
~
I will only do so when they personally ask. The problem with sharing unsolicited advice is that it could be taken the wrong way and that might just push them away. When they do not see any problem with their gambling, they usually don't like suggestions to stop being shove in their throat.
If we wait for them to ask, then when will it happen? After they have lost everything? But that goes back to our own opinions because we must also have a reason why we do something, in this case giving someone advice.

Of course if we immediately give them advice suddenly then they will distance themselves or can even make them hate us. But what we can do is to enter slowly, it could be in a joking situation that we give a slip of advice wrapped in a joke so that they are not offended by us.

Offline MUGNIA

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1571
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 03:57:02 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 04:17:02 PM »
~
If we wait for them to ask, then when will it happen? After they have lost everything? But that goes back to our own opinions because we must also have a reason why we do something, in this case giving someone advice.

Of course if we immediately give them advice suddenly then they will distance themselves or can even make them hate us. But what we can do is to enter slowly, it could be in a joking situation that we give a slip of advice wrapped in a joke so that they are not offended by us.

In my opinion, giving advice using a joke is a good and inconspicuous/intimidating way for those who are addicted to gambling, because usually people who are addicted to gambling will not get advice from anyone until they really lose.

Offline ajiz138

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1231
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 09:05:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2024, 05:47:51 PM »

In my opinion, giving advice using a joke is a good and inconspicuous/intimidating way for those who are addicted to gambling, because usually people who are addicted to gambling will not get advice from anyone until they really lose.
It may be said that it is a subtle way that we can do in giving gambling addicts, and of course this method can be done on people we really know and are used to joking and other things like that.

But there is another way that is better in my opinion, but this can also be done to someone who likes to tell something to us one-on-one. We can go deeper to give them advice and we can get to know the beginning of their addiction and I think that will make it easier for us.

Online Unbunplease

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2378
  • Last Active: Today at 05:29:39 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2024, 05:58:42 PM »
It is difficult to gamble only on what you are not afraid of losing. After all, such money can quickly run out, and you will have to use funds that you are sorry to lose. Therefore, you should play responsibly, using any available funds, regardless of whether you are sorry to lose them or not.

Offline SmartGold01

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1216
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: May 29, 2024, 11:26:36 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2024, 08:06:02 PM »
We cannot take that away from people who gamble they have an urge to gamble, gambling is inherent in us there are funds allocated for taking risks they know that the money that they've used to gamble can be profitable if they invest it in an investment venture but they feel that they have to satisfy their urge to gamble whether they gamble for fun or money, as long as they gamble with money that they can afford to lose and they are happy with their decision then let them have it, it's their money and they can do whatever they want.

I am not disputing the fact that the money isn't theirs or they can't afford to lose it, just that my interest to it is about the continuous lost whereby people keeps losing 1$ to 10$ in them it's a fraction where it won't affect them or they won't think about it but somehow it's worth savings. I have seen a scenario where people keeps losing and at last they don't win from gambling but would say they have spent enough money to quit gambling at this point they don't have any option than to continue gambling and you know what means? It is gradually leading into addictions where they start fighting on what they have lost and yet still losing more than what have spent before.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG