follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Is A Memecoin With Utilities Still Seen As A Memecoin?  (Read 375 times)

Offline SonofOlympus

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 8
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 30, 2024, 05:57:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 5
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter Search First Post
Is A Memecoin With Utilities Still Seen As A Memecoin?
« on: May 17, 2024, 10:53:42 PM »
As someone who likes cats I check out all Cat meme projects I come across that's how I found Catamoto. We all know that memes just thrive on hype but this one has a pretty nice foundation as a DEFI community driving launchpad project.

Still, while the project is quite promising I'm still quite skeptical since it's still a meme coin lol. If there's anyone with better knowledge about the project please tell me if it's a nice investment, thanks.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Is A Memecoin With Utilities Still Seen As A Memecoin?
« on: May 17, 2024, 10:53:42 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1730
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 10:40:21 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Topic Starter 10 Poll Votes Linux User
Re: Is A Memecoin With Utilities Still Seen As A Memecoin?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 02:49:17 AM »
As someone who likes cats I check out all Cat meme projects I come across that's how I found Catamoto. We all know that memes just thrive on hype but this one has a pretty nice foundation as a DEFI community driving launchpad project.

Still, while the project is quite promising I'm still quite skeptical since it's still a meme coin lol. If there's anyone with better knowledge about the project please tell me if it's a nice investment, thanks.
Being skeptical about a new project is pretty much normal already knowing that the risk is very high because they can just run away alongside the money that they got from the investors (well, every single project can regardless of whether it's a new one or not).

I'm not familiar about the project you shared, but can you tell us what's the reason why you find this one quite promising? It would be better if you will add some links of the website, or any social media channels of the project as well. The fact that it's also a meme coin will really increase your skepticism because many meme coins turned out to be shitcoins.

Since it's a new project, and I'm a bit conservative when it comes to my investment, I'm a bit bias and I will say that it's not a good investment at all. I might be wrong though, but I always prefer buying old and established coins than new ones. :) NFA

Online Smcchamp

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 32
  • Last Active: Today at 03:48:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    10 Posts Quick Poster Karma
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 07:45:34 AM »

Memecoins has been known to not have utilities. But you mentioned here that CATAMOTO has Defi features. Can you be specific, is it swaps, launchpads etc, and tell us more about this memecoin. How's the community, what are their plans. Is this the meme ticker

Offline SonofOlympus

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 01:33:00 PM »

Memecoins has been known to not have utilities. But you mentioned here that CATAMOTO has Defi features. Can you be specific, is it swaps, launchpads etc, and tell us more about this memecoin. How's the community, what are their plans. Is this the meme ticker
[nofollow]
Yeah, that's the ticker. I've done some more research since I made the post. Like I mentioned before, it's a launchpad project and it's powered by the $CATA token and it also plans to expand into Solana soon. I also found out it got listed on Bitget but it seems like you know that already, lol. There are some other nice things about the project, maybe we can do some research about it together.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 01:35:53 PM by SonofOlympus »

Offline SonofOlympus

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2024, 01:43:22 PM »

Being skeptical about a new project is pretty much normal already knowing that the risk is very high because they can just run away alongside the money that they got from the investors (well, every single project can regardless of whether it's a new one or not).

I'm not familiar about the project you shared, but can you tell us what's the reason why you find this one quite promising? It would be better if you will add some links of the website, or any social media channels of the project as well. The fact that it's also a meme coin will really increase your skepticism because many meme coins turned out to be shitcoins.

Since it's a new project, and I'm a bit conservative when it comes to my investment, I'm a bit bias and I will say that it's not a good investment at all. I might be wrong though, but I always prefer buying old and established coins than new ones. :) NFA

The link to their Twitter:https://x.com/4catamoto
Their website: https://t.co/GicSOUCiJV [nofollow]
I also prefer established old tokens but you can't deny that some impressive new tokens pop out once a while. The main reason I'm skeptical is just as you said, many meme coins turn out to be shit coins.

Offline JoyMarsha

• Activity: 882
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 31, 2024, 11:51:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter 500 Posts
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 10:45:16 PM »

I don't see anything special about Catamoto, other than its another memecoin that operates on the BNB chain, that has a total supply of 20 billion, and its ATH is 0.00181. it is traded on 6 exchanges with a market capitalization of $11.53 million. Anyone who wants to invest in it should, but let them invest with their spare money.

Online robelneo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1918
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 04:20:09 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Sixth year Anniversary Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2024, 01:28:14 PM »
Yes because a meme represents the platform it is still a meme coin even if it has a utility, all projects in the Cryptocurrency should have a utility to serve the industry and the community, one of the negative impacts of projects without a utility it cannot last because it's not made to last but only to make money for the developers and whales.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2024, 01:28:14 PM »

Offline R100K-Martin-Lunger

• 1 strike
  • Activity: 78
  • Last Active: May 28, 2024, 06:16:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Linux User Mobile User 50 Posts
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2024, 03:59:37 PM »
Hey, only invest in a new project, especially if it's a meme coin, when you have a pretty diverse portfolio so you can essentially afford to take the hit if things fall sideways, which happens more often than not with meme coins.

Online Gurujebs

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1243
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 04:36:18 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2024, 04:11:05 PM »

The question you should be asking is that are projects that are launchpad based, are they even successful as an utility own their own. If that project is eventually launch or launched already, most often the things you will see as launchpad are going to be the same meme coins that will be pumped on launch day and forgotten after a week.

Throw some dollars you are comfortable losing but don't think that such project will make you the money you have always desire, you will end up with disappointment.
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online Crwth

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1444
  • Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 05:20:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2024, 04:14:59 PM »
Well, unfortunately, that's always going to be the case. It depends on the "unfortunate" part because is going to be dependent on if you like meme coins or not in terms of investing. A lot of people probably have their own liking with it. It's really up to them if they would want meme coins or not.

It can be a dual thing but in essence, it's still a meme coin even with utilities. With the name itself, it's definitely something to do with cats and it's not about the utility. Overall, it's still seen as a meme.

Offline Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1785
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 08:18:09 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2024, 10:58:55 PM »
Still, while the project is quite promising

So what's the project?
A one-page website in which the team tells you it's a cool coin and asks you to buy it?

Is this the meme ticker

That graph is a bit misleading sien it shows the coin from when it was listed on that exchange and first trade only

This is the full month view on it:

All-time high
Apr 23, 2024 (a month ago)
$0.001366 -55.93%

But, this still leaves the question, what's the utility? Why should anyone use this one coin and not the one hundred others that are the same perfect copy except the same?

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG