follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: What factors do you consider before staking?  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Smcchamp

• Activity: 48
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 06:32:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts Quick Poster Karma
What factors do you consider before staking?
« on: May 23, 2024, 07:30:27 PM »
Hello everyone, I assume most of us are familiar with staking as a passive income avenue, whether on DEX or CEX platforms.

I'd like to ask, what factors do you consider before choosing a platform for staking? Is it flexibility, APY, or something else? Secondly, which platform do you believe offers the best APR for staking BTC, USDT, and ETH? Please share your opinions.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

What factors do you consider before staking?
« on: May 23, 2024, 07:30:27 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline vegasus

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2033
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: June 20, 2024, 11:58:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: What factors do you consider before staking?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 10:03:13 PM »
Crypto staking is indeed something that is quite promising for us to do at the same time as our crypto holding process for a certain period of time. Usually this is done in an effort while waiting for a bullish era or at least the price on the market is in line with our target. Because staking usually has or provides its own benefits while we hold.

So, some of the things I usually consider when choosing a platform for staking are:

1. Trusted and reputable exchange/platform
That is certain and mandatory. I would much prefer a more trusted and reputable platform with smaller APY than a non-trusted and new platform even with higher APY. Because the security of my assets is much more important. Make sure that the platform has a good reputation and also a good level of security, because staiking will take a long time, so we have to be careful with the platform we choose, because it will make us feel safe.

2. Its security
Yes, this is what is related to the choice of platform above. The point is to choose one that has a good reputation for system security, security for our assets for a long period of time.

3. Rewards
Of course, it cannot be denied that rewards are also something to be taken into consideration because if the satking reward is too small, what's the point? it would actually be quite a waste to know about it. After realizing that the platform is safe and trusted, then also consider the rewards you can get for staking in a certain amount and period. compare between 1 platform and another.

4. Fees & Conditions
This is also important because after all we have to know what the fees are and what the conditions are. Don't try to find a platform whose fees are very large because this will increase the profits we get. Likewise, there are several conditions and requirements that must be met.

5. Choice of crypto
This is probably important because we must first understand what cryptos are supported on the ETRSBEUT platform. We don't need cash to replace or convert our crypto to another crypto just for staking on that platform. For example, at least tehre are BTC, ETH, BNB, or USDT

More to read:
https://www.redswitches.com/blog/top-15-crypto-staking-platforms/

Online UNIVERSE

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1940
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 10:47:44 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 11:41:23 PM »
The first thing to be considered is about the security. We mustn't stake on the random platforms. Then, I will consider the profits. I will focus on calculating how much the profits to get from the stacking. If it is not really profitable, I prefer to store my coins on the wallets only. Staking can be good if it is profitable, I prefer to not doing it if it results in low profits. And the last, I will consider how long to stake, it depends on the trend on the market.

Offline LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1803
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 08:51:51 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Topic Starter 10 Poll Votes Linux User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 08:00:22 AM »
Hello everyone, I assume most of us are familiar with staking as a passive income avenue, whether on DEX or CEX platforms.

I'd like to ask, what factors do you consider before choosing a platform for staking? Is it flexibility, APY, or something else? Secondly, which platform do you believe offers the best APR for staking BTC, USDT, and ETH? Please share your opinions.
1. The coin itself. Is the coin established already? How many years do this coin exists already? These are some of the questions that always come to my mind whenever I pick a coin to stake.
2. APR. Of course, the higher the APR, the more attractive it is to stake. I'll take ATOM for example. Cosmos has been on the top 20 or top 50 in terms of market for years already, and the APR is at an average between 14-16%. For me, this is very high already and knowing that this coin has been on the top for a long time, this token composes nearly a third of my total portfolio and even sold some of my BTC just to have more ATOM.

As for your question, it will depend on the token/coin that you're staking. I always prefer the software that the developers themselves created. Cardano for example have multiple wallet that supports staking, but I prefer Daedalus since the developers created it. As for the tokens that you shared, I don't think there's better way to stake BTC than putting it on an exchange. You can't stake BTC technically because it's a POW coin and not a POS, but you can use it to earn by putting it on an exchange. For ETH, there are some wallets that offer ETH staking although I'm not doing it. As for USDT, I don't know if there's any aside from putting it on an exchange as well.

Offline hugeblack

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1843
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: Today at 05:25:53 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 08:31:31 AM »

Taking into account the APY ratio without verifying the future trend of the currency is considered foolish. If you get 30% APY and the price drops by 70%, you are making losses on the USD scale. Therefore, even if the APY is 1% and the general trend of the currency is growth, it is better than 30% and the general trend. loss.

To know the general trend, you must focus on the developing team, the white paper, does the token solve a real problem, the total offered, the roadmap, and is the project being developed or is it a promise of quick profit?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline ABCbits

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1715
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: June 20, 2024, 11:17:39 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Quick Poster Search Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 12:11:11 PM »
Using CEX or other custodial staking platform is good when we're talking about convenience. But i'd rather consider non-custodial staking pool, where i can get the reward while keep ownership of the coin. Although popular coin (such as ETH) usually have low return rate these days.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline MUGNIA

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1648
  • Last Active: Today at 05:50:54 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2024, 02:16:30 PM »
The first thing is the security of the place where I will stake, because that is the initial capital so that we are comfortable and without being anxious about storing our assets,
secondly APY for me, after that look for ones that don't have a holding time limit, at any time i can withdraw  staking

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2024, 02:16:30 PM »

Online Faisal2202

• Activity: 1031
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 10:48:48 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts 500 Posts Search
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 04:03:22 PM »

Yeah I am familiar with staking they are a good source to make money and to lose money as well. Because people take this sector for granted as a money-making scheme while they don't know the factors to consider before choosing one. And end up losing their funds. I am seeing most of the people right now only staking in those platforms that don't have there native token yet, as gives them another opportunity to make money via airdrops.

As these types of platforms when release there native token, they reward their early users, some prefer these platforms and some don't even want to do staking but still do it to gain the reward in the form of airdrops. Speaking of myself, I only prefer staking which don't have fixed APY I know most of the people prefer fixed but I think we should go with the one that's not fixed as it would allow us more flexibility even when we are facing lose.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4406
  • Last Active: Today at 11:47:31 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Sixth year Anniversary Quick Poster 50 Poll Votes
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2024, 04:36:20 PM »
The first thing to be considered is about the security. We mustn't stake on the random platforms. Then, I will consider the profits. I will focus on calculating how much the profits to get from the stacking. If it is not really profitable, I prefer to store my coins on the wallets only.

That's right...one should make security the top priority as there can be no use if one is promised astronomical rate of returns only to later realize that the whole thing is just another scam. We have to remember that there are so many fraud platforms these days offering very high returns but will eventually die because they are actually operating a Ponzi-like schemes. Reputation for me is paramount plus one has to look at the experiences of other people who staked beforehand to make sure that the staking program is legit and not a fraud. Otherwise, one should just HODL and store the coins or tokens safely though there is no denying staking is a very attractive proposition as it means one's money working even if the owner is sleeping...a great passive income.

Offline Vx1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2511
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 07:10:18 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    2500 Posts Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2024, 08:13:49 PM »
The first thing is the security of the place where I will stake, because that is the initial capital so that we are comfortable and without being anxious about storing our assets,
secondly APY for me, after that look for ones that don't have a holding time limit, at any time i can withdraw  staking
If I were security I would put it second, the most important thing is big rewards. For me, if we want to stake coins, we just need to choose a large exchange, it will definitely be safe. Why do I choose rewards, this is because staking will take time, it will be useless if we stake for a long time but the rewards are small. 
It's better if we just trade if we only get a little reward, is that true or not?

Offline Gurujebs

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1332
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 06:37:59 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 08:56:29 PM »

First thing I look for staking is locking condition, whether it's decentralized or it's centralized, I want to check that the locking condition end as soon as that times reach, there shouldn't be any hidden condition, it happen to eth2.0 staking condition and when it was time, they couldn't allow allowed people to unstake for the fear of dumping.

I prefer decentralized exchange but if I must use centralized exchanges, I will check their assets reserved to make sure they have coins for liquidity. Sometimes these exchanges only have numbers and not as they claim and I can only stake altcoins, Bitcoin will have to go to external wallet.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Online armanda90

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1278
  • Last Active: Today at 10:52:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Karma Good 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2024, 09:24:05 PM »
Actually staking on Dapp or CEX exchange are secure behind the APY reward depend around 10% to 100% depend on exchange or coins taking regulation, but risk of staking when price decreasing drastically exactly for coins offer of reward above 50% to 100%. Big reward staking have big risk with coins price potential decreasing drastically and some exchange can't unlock immediately and need 24 hours for unlock our staking coins.
Did you remember with USTC as stable coins given 20% reward staking but price dropping drastically although its coins available stake at Binance or many top CEX exchange?

Offline Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 1014
  • Last Active: Today at 04:53:48 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts 500 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2024, 09:33:06 PM »

-   The platform must be safe, of course, and the ones I see that are safe and have high apy from what I've seen are on dex, though, it's also okay on cex platforms as long as it's on the top exchange, it's okay too, so the fully control is in CEX none of us.

Whereas in DEX we have full control over our crypto assets. although there is still risk, the only difference is that we have full control over our cryptos.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1679
  • Last Active: Today at 06:50:51 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2024, 09:36:29 PM »
I think what pther comments are saying is correct about choosing the top 5 and reputable exchange worldwide but of course it needs to be compliant to your local laws or else you will be facing consequences like us here in my country where Binance and other platforms is currently on a situation where they're being restricted and ongoing talks has been made though some of them get totally banned and yeah we are all waiting for some good news if not then time to move on.

Offline Joseph Lee

• Shillers
  • Activity: 52
  • Last Active: June 14, 2024, 02:25:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    50 Posts Quick Poster Karma
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2024, 10:15:01 PM »
Using CEX or other custodial staking platform is good when we're talking about convenience. But i'd rather consider non-custodial staking pool, where i can get the reward while keep ownership of the coin. Although popular coin (such as ETH) usually have low return rate these days.
On the contrary, popular coins such as ETH do have decent rewards on some platforms. On Okex and Bybit for instance you get over 1%  for using their flexible savings yield which is good considering the fact that these are secure places that have stood the test of time

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG