follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Bitcoin or Property? What might be the best investment?  (Read 1842 times)

Offline ambar33n

• Activity: 278
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: July 15, 2018, 08:10:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter 100 Posts 50 Posts
Bitcoin or Property? What might be the best investment?
« on: July 10, 2018, 08:55:44 PM »
We had a very interesting discussion over the weekend and people debated if it was better to invest in property or to invest in Bitcoin. The argument was as follows :

1. Most people cannot afford to buy property, so they take a home loan at a Bank. The home loan is paid back with interest and some of these loans are spread out over 20 years to make it affordable to the person who takes out the loan. So, over that 20 years the house of $100 000 will cost you say $1 000 000. {$900 000 paid in interest}

The argument is also that the property has to increase in value, with more than $900 000 for you to say that it was a good investment AND you have to sell that property to get that profit.

2. The other side of the room said it was better to rent a smaller property and to invest the "savings" into something like Bitcoin, because your profit will pay for a bigger deposit or even a whole property in a few years time.

I think paying a high interest rate to a Bank is just as bad as paying rent to a Landlord, because you are getting screwed in both these circumstances. 

We all want to live in big houses that we cannot afford. 

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Bitcoin or Property? What might be the best investment?
« on: July 10, 2018, 08:55:44 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Kiran Sehzadi

• Activity: 81
  • Last Active: April 18, 2020, 08:07:28 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Topic Starter 50 Posts 10 Posts
Re: Bitcoin or Property? What might be the best investment?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 05:05:09 PM »
Well, if you'd pay $900.000 intrest on a $100.000 loan over 20 years, you should switch banks immediately
I took a loan of €150.000 over 20 years when i bought my house 10 years ago, in the end i'll have to pay about €40.000 intrest, but i can deduct this intrest from my taxes, so in the end i'll pay about €20.000 out of pocket to loan €150.000 for 20 years (this are approximate numbers).

I'm a big fan of crypto, but i'd personally rather have a house to live in than a big fat crypto wallet... I guess i'm to oldfashioned  Wink
I do realise i can get a lot more profit when i would have invested all my money into crypto, but you can't live in your wallet...

Offline trofim21

• Activity: 707
  • bitgame
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: April 11, 2022, 10:56:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 11:56:38 AM »
if you take a look at the invistation from a safe point of view, then, of course, the real estate is the best way, but bitcoin will bring you multipliers)

Offline sirty143

• Mythical
  • Activity: 8718
  • Referrals: 19
  • Last Active: May 30, 2024, 05:38:25 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 12:26:27 PM »
We had a very interesting discussion over the weekend and people debated if it was better to invest in property or to invest in Bitcoin. The argument was as follows :

1. Most people cannot afford to buy property, so they take a home loan at a Bank. The home loan is paid back with interest and some of these loans are spread out over 20 years to make it affordable to the person who takes out the loan. So, over that 20 years the house of $100 000 will cost you say $1 000 000. {$900 000 paid in interest}

The argument is also that the property has to increase in value, with more than $900 000 for you to say that it was a good investment AND you have to sell that property to get that profit.

2. The other side of the room said it was better to rent a smaller property and to invest the "savings" into something like Bitcoin, because your profit will pay for a bigger deposit or even a whole property in a few years time.

I think paying a high interest rate to a Bank is just as bad as paying rent to a Landlord, because you are getting screwed in both these circumstances. 

We all want to live in big houses that we cannot afford.

Well, it's good to note. But I think what you did is only good for texts. I will ask you a simple question regarding your paragraph #1, If you have $100,000 right now today and there's a property for sale with that amount, what would you prefer... buy the property or invest the whole amount $100,000 in Bitcoin and hodl it for 20 years?

Offline mojerjer

• Activity: 378
  • Last Active: June 10, 2019, 03:56:51 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »
For me if i dont need my property i will sell it and buy Bitcoin because i know my asset will ne more safer if it will go on an investment.
███▌
 ▐██▌
   ███
    ▐██▌
      ███
 ███   ▐██▌                  ██
 ████    ███               ████
 █████▌   ▐██▌           █████
 ███ ███    ███        ████ ███
 ███  ▐██▌   ▐██▌    ████   ███
 ███    ███    ██ ████     ███
 ███     ▐██▌   █████       ███