follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit

Author Topic: How do I keep my cryptocurrency safe?  (Read 21351 times)

Sabiduria

• Activity: 60
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 18, 2019, 11:07:10 am

• Total Badges: 4
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Posts Quick Poster Linux User
Re: How do I keep my cryptocurrency safe?
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2019, 11:28:18 am »
It is also important to keep private keys and recovery seed in a safe manner. Don't keep this data on a device, better use paper and keep it in a vault or something

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2019, 11:28:18 am »

Felix Felicis

• Activity: 62
  • Last Active: July 05, 2019, 11:26:26 am

• Total Badges: 5
    Karma 50 Posts Topic Starter
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2019, 12:18:36 pm »
In order to have a crypto wallet, you need to choose from a variety of wallets (hardware, software, paper) and all of them have their own purpose.
When safety is the first priority, hardware wallets are the best option. They're foolproof and are virtually unhackable. This is so because of the various features that are available in these wallets.
 1. These wallets won’t work until and unless they’re connected to a computer. When disconnected they are just a piece of metal.
 2. The private key is safe inside the device itself and when not connected to the PC, it remains isolated. Whereas the exchanges (who are a third party software) stores your private key on an online server.
 3. Also, as these hardware wallets are external devices, if your computer gets infected with a virus, then at least your wallet and private key will remain safe.
 4. The hardware wallets possess the Two-Factor Authentication, making the transaction more secure, unlike the exchanges.
The best hardware wallets are Ledger Nano S and Trezor One.

And try not to store your crypto on an exchange as that would probably be the most unsafe option. The reason lies behind the fact that these exchanges store your private key on an online server. Plus, you must be aware of all the hacks that keep on happening.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2019, 12:18:36 pm »

juliakuz

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 16
  • Last Active: October 14, 2019, 03:32:43 pm

• Total Badges: 2
    Search Topic Starter
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2019, 09:27:22 am »
The main thing here is to deal with reliable cryptocurrency and the wallet which is safe and secure. For me, the anonymity which is provided by decentralized platforms is also in the first place. Therefore, I use the Tera wallet (if you do not know yet about the project, everything is here https://terafoundation.org - all the information is briefly explained). I use it also for the reason that I have to be on the move all the time, and most crypto operations are done with the help of my Android. I use Samsung but it does not matter as the wallet works on other smartphones as well.  ;D

bigmoon

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 13
  • Last Active: Today at 08:15:07 pm

• Total Badges: 1
    Topic Starter
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2019, 10:28:11 am »
It's a great project! I support it. The guys are really doing something new in blockchain.

juliakuz

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 16
  • Last Active: October 14, 2019, 03:32:43 pm

• Total Badges: 2
    Search Topic Starter
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2019, 11:53:37 am »
It is. As I see, the price of Tera Coin has started growing finally. CoinMarketCap (Tera is listed there) shows that it managed to add over 5% since the beginning of October. At the moment, not all exchanges are shown on this resource. Thus, it is also proof of the reliability of the project. A complete list of sites where the coin is traded is available on the official website.

greatones

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 6
  • Last Active: Today at 06:23:43 am

• Total Badges: 0
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2019, 05:47:15 am »
I agree with all the points mentioned in the OP, one thing I would like to add is that people usually fall for the scammers posting the mouth-watering deals shared on Instagram (most of the time I got to see how tempting and cunning their post were).

bigmoon

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 13
  • Last Active: Today at 08:15:07 pm

• Total Badges: 1
    Topic Starter
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2019, 05:53:18 pm »
I spent a few days studying Tera platform. The developers are really working on the project. There are a lot of interesting things. For example, real decentralized applications. One of the dapps is a cryptomixer. Yesterday a post was published on Facebook about the launch of bug-bounty Tera to search for vulnerabilities in program code. I will create a topic about it. Maybe someone will be interested in it...

WhiskeyHoney

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 23
  • Last Active: Today at 01:32:56 pm

• Total Badges: 0
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2019, 05:12:08 pm »
Thank you! I use freewallet but I didn't think about the 2 factor authenticator, will apply it rn

Altcoin1998$

• Activity: 312
  • Last Active: October 22, 2019, 05:05:17 pm

• Total Badges: 12
    One year Anniversary Karma Good too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2019, 03:21:44 pm »
Keep your password and private keys in safe place and write it diary.... Continue Google authentication and 2fa...

ETH & Token Donations: 0xc9CbFe089EBC2E27236F53D8cD2Afd3d337385fc