follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Government trying to stop bitcoin, what I see  (Read 2922 times)

Offline jangan

• Activity: 115
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: March 24, 2021, 05:27:29 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Karma
Government trying to stop bitcoin, what I see
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:46:50 AM »
Here is what I see each time the government tries to stop or control bitcoin-

https://i.imgur.com/rFzTXc3.jpg

Bitcoin is designed to be censorship resistant, peer-to-peer payment system designed to remove the control by centralized institutions like banks . When bitcoin eventually achieve mass adoption, it will not really be much of an issue if some Governments place a ban on it within their countries.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Government trying to stop bitcoin, what I see
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:46:50 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline diygirl

• Activity: 426
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: January 25, 2021, 09:43:59 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
Re: Government trying to stop bitcoin, what I see
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 08:05:05 AM »
I think so. When more and more people adopt bitcoin, the government ban will not be something to worry about. As long as the exchange still exists and the government does not block sites related to bitcoin, that doesn't matter.

Offline DogeTalk

• Activity: 468
  • Last Active: March 06, 2024, 05:47:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 09:21:15 AM »
It's very difficult to stop crypto. Crypto enthusiasts are very many this year. all have known crypto and have used it for investment and transactions.

Offline avicii

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 34
  • Avicii </>
  • Last Active: March 15, 2023, 03:22:32 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 09:24:00 AM »
I don't understand why the government wants to stop bitcoin. I see many who like bitcoin this year. can anyone explain me?

Offline Leebarnes

• Activity: 197
  • eLYQD ICO
  • Last Active: December 10, 2018, 09:04:47 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 09:33:30 AM »

Bitcoin is designed to be censorship resistant, peer-to-peer payment system designed to remove the control by centralized institutions like banks . When bitcoin eventually achieve mass adoption, it will not really be much of an issue if some Governments place a ban on it within their countries.
Authority has nothing to do with bitcoin as what you had said Bitcoin is autonomous, permissionless, decentralize, bitcoin will exist even without government regulation.

Offline densuj

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1759
  • Referrals: 9
  • Last Active: June 07, 2022, 08:06:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 09:45:32 AM »

It will not work because basically bitcoin no needs government or any other regulation from other, as long there are community of bitcoin (miner, developer of bitcoin and users of bitcoin), it will be alive forever, if the government really want stop the bitcoin i think they must stop usage of internet  ;D and it will not happen then bitcoin can no stop, it is new innovations in the world, so don't worry about the plan the government to stop the bitcoin and other digital coin.

Offline BenWhite

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 44
  • Last Active: November 12, 2018, 09:53:45 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 01:45:40 PM »
crypto can't be regulated.
I don't understand why government don't want to join it and get profits.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 01:45:40 PM »

Offline I-Bit

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2213
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 09:57:44 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 10:59:23 PM »
Probably, this is one of the negative issues that always spreading in this world. Once you believe in the issues, it will probably influence your involvement in crypto. Actually, although the government tries to stop the crypto, they will not be capable to stop this at all. There are wide communities in this worldwide involved in crypto. So, the government has limited chance to stop it.

Offline de Ghoniyu

• Activity: 95
  • Last Active: March 25, 2024, 07:14:04 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 02:04:22 AM »

Yes It is true , I think in several countries The governments try to stop bitcoin. Bitcoin is the future technology..No one can refuse the technology.

Offline bitpation

• Activity: 341
  • Last Active: April 12, 2021, 06:13:11 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 09:07:21 AM »
There have been many countries that forbid Bitcoin to be mined by its citizens but there are still those who do it and even a lot. Like Russia today. So it is true, you say, even though the government forbids it, activities such as transactions or other play in Bitcoin can be done because they cannot be monitored directly by the government.

Offline Bruks

• Activity: 434
  • Referrals: 9
  • Last Active: September 30, 2019, 01:55:25 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 09:32:45 AM »
I think it a yes. The government may shut down Bitcoin’s presence (in the same country controlled by that government) so that it becomes “basically non-existent”. The government may simply say that the mining of the Bitcoin; and/or buying/selling of the Bitcoin for the national currency; or some other services; or even the promotion of the Bitcoin or products based upon it is illegal – and punishable by a fine and/or XY months or years in prison.

When this happens, the activities overwhelmingly stop – just like the trading of hashish on the streets has stopped. Hashish may still be sold by the organized criminals in some underworld and that could still be the case of the Bitcoin. But the huge valuation of the Bitcoin we experience – and it kept on growing – is only justifiable by a mass adoption, by its being legal enough. Most of the speculators are arguably law-abiding citizens outside the cryptocurrency activities. They don’t sell hashish because they know that someone could find the evidence of this wrongdoing in some way and exactly the same could be true for the Bitcoin trading or mining or other activities (ISPs could be forced to monitor a suspect, and so on).

The Bitcoin is a global phenomenon and governments only control countries. So the bans in a country may affect all the users in that country but they may fail to affect the Bitcoin users in the rest of the world.

In this sense, the ban on mining in China would be rather crippling for the Bitcoin because 2/3 of miners are located in mainland China. China (which so far only banned the ICOs and exchanges operating in China) could also confiscate the miners’ hardware and organize a 51% attack against the Bitcoin or anything of this type – undo transactions or force a change of the Bitcoin rules on the network. In a very tangible sense, China’s government – not quite a democratic one – really owns the Bitcoin network and everything in it, according to the rules defined by Satoshi Nakamoto. The whole idea is based on the majority of miners’ control over the validation of transactions and China – and therefore the Chinese government – basically has this control. This is what Nakamoto’s paper unavoidably implies in combination with the Chinese government’s ability to outlaw or confiscate this hardware.

When it comes to the holders of the capital, the existing Bitcoins, it’s an entirely different geographic story. Most of the coins are owned by the Americans. So a U.S. government ban that affects the holders would be crippling for the Bitcoin. If all the law-abiding American owners of the Bitcoin were pushed to sell, the price would surely go very close to zero because of this huge oversupply. It’s questionable whether the price could significantly recover – because of buyers in other countries – after such a catastrophic decline. I think it would be extremely risky to jump on that bandwagon again because the Bitcoin could even more easily be banned in the “most important surviving country” after the U.S. and other countries, too.

The idea that the government cannot control the Bitcoin is one of these amazingly ludicrous parts of the propaganda that is driving the ongoing mania. It is extremely trivial for governments to shut down the Bitcoin usage. They haven’t done it so far mainly because it seems like a relatively small, innocent activity that only produces limited tax evasion and the users take the responsibility for their huge financial risk. It doesn’t tangibly hurt or threaten anybody which is why no government has cared too much. But it’s arguably changing as the Bitcoin has grown by an order of magnitude in a year.

It’s also a myth that all the Bitcoin wallets are anonymous. In reality, most people trade through Bitcoin exchanges and all the U.S. users above a certain value of holdings have to reveal their identity. The U.K. is introducing even harsher measures against money laundering and it’s similar in other countries. The FBI almost certainly knows the identity of a vast majority of big players in the Bitcoin blockchain, too. The idea that one is “actually” remaining anonymous when he does big things with the Bitcoin is a fairy-tale. On top of that, the investigators may simply demand the user to reveal all the information they need. They may point their guns at the suspect’s head. The safety of cryptographic methods is too weak and irrelevant a player to compete with actual investigators and law enforcement officials. Our society is still run by the people and the Bitcoin users are humans, too. Some some technological details about a cryptographic system simply aren’t important in the society.

Aside from outright bans, the governments may try to regulate the Bitcoin so that it follows the same rules as analogous institutions based on the national currencies. In this sense, the emerging wise U.S. government and even Chinese government attitude is that the miners are basically banks – trying to play the role of central banks, in fact. Bitcoin exchanges are like commercial banks or platforms to trade securities or commodities. So the miners and exchanges should be sure to obey some regulations that other banks with the U.S. dollars should obey. They have to have tools against money laundering, tax evasion, identify the clients when ordered, and lots of other things. Almost everyone who has made profits in the Bitcoin failed to pay his taxes. Once these people start to be prosecuted just like other tax evaders, this may be enough for a fire sale and the death of the Bitcoin.

Note that the current total price of Bitcoins is almost $200 billion and almost all of it is “someone’s profit” because almost all the owners bought at a much lower price. So it’s some $100+ billion in profits and tens of billions of dollars should have been paid in taxes for capital gains. Almost no one has paid a penny. So it’s clear that this phenomenon is becoming a big enough fish in tax evasion that the governments shouldn’t ignore anymore.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:35:38 AM by Bruks »
███▌
 ▐██▌
   ███
    ▐██▌
      ███
 ███   ▐██▌                  ██
 ████    ███               ████
 █████▌   ▐██▌           █████
 ███ ███    ███        ████ ███
 ███  ▐██▌   ▐██▌    ████   ███
 ███    ███    ██ ████     ███
 ███     ▐██▌   █████       ███
 ███       ███   ▐█▌        ███
 ███        ▐██▌            ███
 ███          ███           ███
 ███           ███         ███
                 ▐██▌
                  ▐██
                    ██▌
                      ████

..Revolutionizing the way.............
..we interact with..
..digital content.......................

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  ████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

Offline Cryptos Investors

• Activity: 138
  • Last Active: July 28, 2019, 08:09:07 AM
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 09:41:36 AM »
The government will be failed to stop bitcoin due to bitcoin is decentralize, no the government or third party be needed, bitcoin is pure runned by the community its self. Bitcoin run on the internet the government can not stop the internet connection. It is something impossible to be done.

Offline Ezzi

• Activity: 786
  • 100x Coin
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: December 26, 2021, 02:19:10 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 10:49:32 AM »
I think that it is trying to do this because it has a very large price and can bring down even the economy of the country
100xCoin
{On Our Way to $1B
Market Cap & Beyond
}
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

Offline twothumbs

• Activity: 138
  • Last Active: September 22, 2021, 02:53:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 11:23:44 AM »
I don't think that the governments are trying to stop bitcoin, maybe they only want to research about bitcoin and blockchain technology first, while they will decide later if they can find the advantages that they can get from bitcoin. Blockchain technology still a new technology and it makes the government open their eyes, and if they want their country to grow, then they need to learn this before the other country know what the benefits of blockchain technology to their economy and finances are.

Offline Darksoul

• Activity: 261
  • Last Active: February 23, 2019, 09:33:35 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »
Bitcoin is already in operation and can not be stopped and it seems to me that states are not able to block it even with a strong desire!
                  ███████████████▄▄
                  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  █████████████████████▄
                  ███████     ▀▀██▄▄▄▄
                  ███████        █████▌
                  ███████        █████▌
          ███████     ▄▄██████
          ████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ██████████████████▀
█████████████████████▄
█████████     ▀▀███████
                  ███████        ██████▌