follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Cryptocurrency and the Gig Economy  (Read 504 times)

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3658
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 03:27:20 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Cryptocurrency and the Gig Economy
« on: October 30, 2018, 09:27:15 AM »
For those who have not heard about the Gig Economy yet, here are some definitions:

"A gig economy is a free market system in which temporary positions are common and organizations contract with independent workers for short-term engagements." (source: https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/gig-economy)

"In a gig economy, temporary, flexible jobs are commonplace and companies tend toward hiring independent contractors and freelancers instead of full-time employees. A gig economy undermines the traditional economy of full-time workers who rarely change positions and instead focus on a lifetime career." (source: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gig-economy.asp)

I truly believe that cryptocurrencies are a perfect fit for the gig economy where payments can be sent to anyone and anywhere around the world without going through any third party. The perfect example of this are the bounty hunters (YES, we also belong to the gig economy) who get paid in tokens or coins for the task done. Soon, we will see more and more freelancers from other industries to be accepting cryptocurrencies as a form of payment.

(At the moment, I only of four blockchain based projects creating a platform for both employers and "independent employees". Two already on beta, once under development, the other still on ICO stage. I am actively using one platform both as an employer and as an employee and I can say it is working.)

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Cryptocurrency and the Gig Economy
« on: October 30, 2018, 09:27:15 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline ZionRTZ

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1628
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: November 22, 2020, 08:45:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
Re: Cryptocurrency and the Gig Economy
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 06:11:14 PM »
Base on the definition you provided, I agree that hunters also belongs to the gig economy. Bounty tasks are also similar to other online jobs but the form of payment is cryptocurrency instead of fiat. We may actually see freelance architects, designers, and other profession accepting bitcoin and other crypto in the near future.

Offline JaymondStark

• Activity: 260
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: February 03, 2019, 07:38:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 09:09:20 PM »
I know some projects about GIG economy in the blockchain. As far as I remember Blue Whale was trying to solve this problem by giving more freedom the gig workers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Offline PreshB

• Activity: 552
  • eLYQD ICO
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: February 14, 2019, 03:35:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 11:21:31 PM »
From  the  look  of thing, if Gig Economy is being merged with cryptocurrency,  payment gateway will become a routine part in life. The  truth is that Gig economy will play a vital role in adopting  cryptocurrencies.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3658
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 03:27:20 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 01:09:09 AM »
We may actually see freelance architects, designers, and other profession accepting bitcoin and other crypto in the near future.
Yes, that is what I hope we see in the near future.

I know some projects about GIG economy in the blockchain. As far as I remember Blue Whale was trying to solve this problem by giving more freedom the gig workers.
I have read the name on my news feed before but never really looked into it. If that's what they are trying to do, then that's a good move since the gig economy is also booming. Thanks for bringing it up.

From  the  look  of thing, if Gig Economy is being merged with cryptocurrency,  payment gateway will become a routine part in life. The  truth is that Gig economy will play a vital role in adopting  cryptocurrencies.

Agreed. I think the industry will be one of the first who will fully adopt cryptocurrencies.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG